Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is diff between mylatex Carson and Alexander?

Tara 100% pure latex is it too soft?

For firm mattress, need to get pocketed spring + pillowtop latex?

DriftKing

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is diff between mylatex Carson and Alexander?

Tara 100% pure latex is it too soft?

For firm mattress, need to get pocketed spring + pillowtop latex?

Hougang shops JH vs JJ (one say Carson one say alexander), seen both mattress they are essentially the same Carson.

It is also the same Carson sold by Easyhouse.

Tara the one I've tried in TheFurniture (4inch single) not soft, but it just felt underwhelming.

Pocketed Spring = non disturbance when another person sit/jump/dive the other side
Pillowtop= some foam layer to have a soft touch (got Euro top/ plush top e.t.c, you can view other models have semi separate layer)

The above two points is not a factor for firmness, overall spring gauge/core construction allows for compression (i.e softness).

sillyb0y

Master Member
Reaction score
Hougang shops JH vs JJ (one say Carson one say alexander), seen both mattress they are essentially the same Carson.

It is also the same Carson sold by Easyhouse.

Tara the one I've tried in TheFurniture (4inch single) not soft, but it just felt underwhelming.

Pocketed Spring = non disturbance when another person sit/jump/dive the other side
Pillowtop= some foam layer to have a soft touch (got Euro top/ plush top e.t.c, you can view other models have semi separate layer)

The above two points is not a factor for firmness, overall spring gauge/core construction allows for compression (i.e softness).
10q, after you tried Tara, do you think after few years the mattress will sink down as it's pure latex without any spring?

Gunnerspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When is it ending?

Apparently Serta 3rd person buy together got even more discount. Other than the second buy at 1088.

If those interested in queen and king do contact me and maybe we can do a groupbuy in terms of 2s or 3s to make use of the promo before it ends.

Danny1982

Reaction score
Sorry all bro that pm me.. I need to get 10 post before I am able to reply haha.. probably will be done by tomorrow because I don’t want to also post rubbish and only finding relevant stuff before posting. :) cheers. Am still interested in getting it.

okAnO1

Reaction score
Sorry all bro that pm me.. I need to get 10 post before I am able to reply haha.. probably will be done by tomorrow because I don’t want to also post rubbish and only finding relevant stuff before posting. :) cheers. Am still interested in getting it.

Bro, can contact me at 9755 three zero six four

Danny1982

Reaction score
Apparently Serta 3rd person buy together got even more discount. Other than the second buy at 1088.

If those interested in queen and king do contact me and maybe we can do a groupbuy in terms of 2s or 3s to make use of the promo before it ends.

Thanks for the information bro, contacted u too. Let’s me create a group chat then we can get good discount from the 3 person buying :D

jonathanljk

Reaction score
Would there be a further promo for 4th person? :p if there is I’m interested in getting a super single!

Luffy Pirate King

Reaction score
Hello, just to check, anyone spotted any show room for mylatex mattress series at Yishun area? If not, where is the next nearest showroom for Yishun people? Many thanks

PS: understood the one at Yishun central HOMECARE Furniture Trader dont have any for test test

cyrusw

Reaction score
Would there be a further promo for 4th person? :p if there is I’m interested in getting a super single!
Im keen in two super single mattress. BTW, anyone know how is the price and promo like for Serta? First mattress full price and 2nd 50% off? What abt 3rd piece? Will go ahead only if the price is right.

Rooney3

Reaction score
Thanks for the information bro, contacted u too. Let’s me create a group chat then we can get good discount from the 3 person buying :D

Yup we have created a group already. Pls let us know who else would like to also join in to have further discount. Then we can talk to the serta ppl. Should definitely be a bigger discount than just the 2 pax.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to the yishun shop and asked about the mylatex mattresses.

The Rio mattress is suppose to replace Tara and it's exactly the same thing except the new cover is removable. The rio is selling at 1200 + GST, comes with two latex pillows.

He only has the eve there but there are no mylatex mattress on display. I think his eve is selling very cheap, think even cheaper than easyhouse.com.sg, I forgot the price though.
Anybody who is calling can let us know.

He at first tot that Eve and those Carson series, the latex is some cheap synthetic latex foam. I asked him is there any with genuine latex layer. He says there is one but forgot which. He called the agent in front of me and asked, the agent replied and confirm with him that even those cheap mattresses like Eve, are made of genuine pure latex for the top layer.
:o

Last edited:

DriftKing

Reaction score
Nice! I'll try to head down to have a try, at least the Eve for a feel. since its the closest thing to Carson, aside for 1 inch less latex, and 'New Orthopaedic Spring system' instead of pocketed spring (don't think it will affect me on a Super single)....

Anyway for Easyhouse, do remember promo code easy3 at checkout for a small discount nonetheless!

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No even the Eve is available for trying, it's wrapped up for display only, but you can call him and ask where can try though.

Another thing, is their op hour is 10am to 8.45pm.

Though I've slipped disc, I will definitely pick the Rio even without trying. :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.