Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

spicyshrimp

Reaction score
Yishun have Rio - full latex removable cover

Carson - latex top pocketed spring
Golden eve - latex top bonneted spring

Got my Carson coming finally, hope it's great!

Drift Bro, you had a chance to sleep a full day on your carson yet? eager to hear your opinion, looking around for bed and thats one of my shortlisted! :s12:

DriftKing

Reaction score
Drift Bro, you had a chance to sleep a full day on your carson yet? eager to hear your opinion, looking around for bed and thats one of my shortlisted! :s12:

Sleep liao, overall its quite firm, can't tell there's latex underneath. Its even firmer while you test it with the plastic on, without the plastic its a little softer.

Tried the Golden Eve too, its bonneted spring, 2 inch latex (again, might not be physically significant but at least you know its pure latex instead of other material like what testerjp bro mentioned on foreign materials). This mattress is softer, still overall on a firmer side, but you can feel your body sink in a little.

I tried and retry all 3 mattress, in the end still prefer the firmess carson. (Note I'm at least 70kg for comparison). Overall, can't find anywhere this cheap compare to other brands out there with the same spec.

spicyshrimp

Reaction score
Sleep liao, overall its quite firm, can't tell there's latex underneath. Its even firmer while you test it with the plastic on, without the plastic its a little softer.

Tried the Golden Eve too, its bonneted spring, 2 inch latex (again, might not be physically significant but at least you know its pure latex instead of other material like what testerjp bro mentioned on foreign materials). This mattress is softer, still overall on a firmer side, but you can feel your body sink in a little.

I tried and retry all 3 mattress, in the end still prefer the firmess carson. (Note I'm at least 70kg for comparison). Overall, can't find anywhere this cheap compare to other brands out there with the same spec.

Thanks bro for the comparison, the 3 mattresses you tried was carson, eve & rio is it? also if you sit on the edge of Carson does it feel like you would slip off kind? btw have you tried BatonSleep mattresses before? paiseh ah, ask so many questions..

Last edited:

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im using carson currently... golden eve in another room... try not to have that high expectations in terms of increased comfort level especially for those who can sleep on any surface (not sure yall know what i meant)... my wife has a very bad back which carson did showed some improvement but just slightly better than previous mattress... For me who can sleep on any surface... i did try a full latex at a shop and thats the only one that I can feel a big difference... Despite the above, carson really value for money... once u use it u can feel it is of good quality... also no slip off kind

Thanks bro for the comparison, the 3 mattresses you tried was carson, eve & rio is it? also if you sit on the edge of Carson does it feel like you would slip off kind? btw have you tried BatonSleep mattresses before? paiseh ah, ask so many questions..

DriftKing

Reaction score
The Carson won't slip off, pretty solid at the edge too, but still curve so you won't feel like sitting on table edge.
Never try before batonsleep (are they like the Noa kind?) I see the video of Noa mattress, it's definitely super soft. I stand and walk on the Carson won't indent so low one.

Do go yishun to have a try, seems only place to have all these cheaper models to test. Call before go down if not like bro above kena aeroplane twice.

The Rio is not bad, price really reasonable if you like latex. The feel is quite different

GoneLink

Reaction score
Ya...better call and make a appointment on the day itself

First time i made a appointment on the day before, but dint call him on the day, maybe he forget and closed the shop

Second time i dint make any appointment but went on a normal weekday afternoon, shocked that it is stil closed

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yishun have Rio - full latex removable cover

Carson - latex top pocketed spring
Golden eve - latex top bonneted spring

Got my Carson coming finally, hope it's great!

thks....will go take a look

getting super single for my kid

so single sleep is ok to get golden eve as only sleep alone correct?

DriftKing

Reaction score
thks....will go take a look

getting super single for my kid

so single sleep is ok to get golden eve as only sleep alone correct?

In a sense i thought so too, but the i prefer the firmness from the carson still..

Just ignore the spring designs, Both mattress is very similar, the only diff is just the firmness, and also Golden eve is slightly less thick than carson. Andddd golden eve is cheaper also.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Theoretically, pocket spring should support better cause each spring works differently to hold different parts of the body. The weight distribution for the body is different, the heaviest part is at the torso.

According to this research, which happens to be done in Singapore. Pure Latex mattress actually provides very even distribution, with much lesser high pressure points.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5310954/

kUrCO6P.png

This simply means that despite it's pure latex and suppose to be softer, it somehow provides adequate support throughout the body. The muscles are properly relaxed during the sleep. :o

Ifritus

Banned
Reaction score
I bought a MyLatex Carson from MyEasyHouse couple months ago, recent weeks I have not been sleeping well, always woke up in the middle of the night by the sore pain in my back.

Is it the mattress too hard? Need to buy a topper? Any kind soul please advice. :(

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought a MyLatex Carson from MyEasyHouse couple months ago, recent weeks I have not been sleeping well, always woke up in the middle of the night by the sore pain in my back.

Is it the mattress too hard? Need to buy a topper? Any kind soul please advice. :(
I've multiple slipped discs, but I've never had bad sores with a bed before. Mine's from a latex + spring from Tilamking though.

What's your weight, height or medical history? :o

geofaison

Reaction score
just came back from expo sale. 8” full latex super single mattress $1800, what do you guys think? comes with zipper and can see that it’s one full latex inside..

geofaison

Reaction score
forgot to mention it’s mylatex brand but not sure what model as their models are all different from online

just came back from expo sale. 8” full latex super single mattress $1800, what do you guys think? comes with zipper and can see that it’s one full latex inside..

spicyshrimp

Reaction score

1800 can get queen size Tara (latexpure on easyhouse website) or queen size Mylatex Rio from Yishun.. thefurniture dot com also have sales on mylatex queen size (dunno model) for 1.9k (comes with bedframe/pillow/ mattress cover)

All above is 8" full latex, you can check them out first before buying from expo ba, unfortunately can't tell you how they feel as i don't have time to go down and try any yet :s22:

geofaison

Reaction score
thank you! luckily i didn’t put down a deposit. there was a 8” mattress with the full latex block + zipper which was medium firm and another full latex 13” but quilted(?) which was soft that i preferred (apparently she said this is similar to tara which they had last time but only MY selling tara now). so she told me can customize the firmness on the 8” full latex block + zipper mattress to the soft one that i want. mylatex can customize meh? not sure how true or is it kena tok lol
1800 can get queen size Tara (latexpure on easyhouse website) or queen size Mylatex Rio from Yishun.. thefurniture dot com also have sales on mylatex queen size (dunno model) for 1.9k (comes with bedframe/pillow/ mattress cover)

All above is 8" full latex, you can check them out first before buying from expo ba, unfortunately can't tell you how they feel as i don't have time to go down and try any yet :s22:

Ifritus

Banned
Reaction score
I've multiple slipped discs, but I've never had bad sores with a bed before. Mine's from a latex + spring from Tilamking though.

What's your weight, height or medical history? :o

83kg, 177cm, got slip disc also but not multiple. :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.