Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

GizmoSeow

Reaction score
There is no better way than to lie on the mattresses themselves. You can try Serta ones where their latex top is very thick, and the Slumberland ones where their latex layer is thinner.

Serta & Slumberland made in ? Had tried on Englander Sea Breeze and mentioned it's made in Malaysia... Any pointers?

Vulpix

Reaction score
Must be becoz u like softer mattress, simmons mattress at taka all quite firm ��
Yah, I realize me and my wife like thinner latex layer. Anyway, I just placed $200 deposit at Robinson, found a lovely mattress from Serta that was instantly our favourite when we lie down to try on it. It was called the Solvang, it was around 4k with king size storage frame, now waiting for them to let me know if better deal next month. :D

Serta & Slumberland made in ? Had tried on Englander Sea Breeze and mentioned it's made in Malaysia... Any pointers?
I belive both are from M'sia and Indonesia. As for my pointer, go and lie on the beds and imitate your sleep style. That's the only way to know.

Vulpix

Reaction score
U should be happy as long as it is not made in china ... even sealy is made in thailand.. serta Indonesia.
Sealy... After reading up how the pillow layer don't last and how people have problem claiming warranty, I decided not to try my luck with them.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Sealy... After reading up how the pillow layer don't last and how people have problem claiming warranty, I decided not to try my luck with them.

Serta at least has pocketed spring, sealy dont have (alot of disturbance).. if compare this two then serta is better choice for sure.

But then really got promo also dono they will call u anot 😂😂😂

Vulpix

Reaction score
Serta at least has pocketed spring, sealy dont have (alot of disturbance).. if compare this two then serta is better choice for sure.

But then really got promo also dono they will call u anot 😂😂😂
So far for my friends who did the same thing, got call one. :s13:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe skip the series mentioned in the blog (provided by one of the bro a few pages back)

https://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2017/10/getha-bed-singapore-review/

Taylor-B-Velvet-Bed-Frame-7.jpg

Looked at the frame support.
U knw what i am saying.

Last edited:

pacificstorm

Reaction score

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah u very sharp eye to spot the slatted base.
Is it possible that a full latex is actually suitable for use in slatted base??
It seems the other 2 angmoh brand are even promoting to use slatted base for a full latex mattress instead of flat base...????
https://www.europeanbedding.sg/blog...stable-slatted-bed-base-with-a-latex-mattress

http://dormiente.sg/adjustable-bed-slats/

I read the comments section of the blog got another guy complain his "Getha First" sag after 2 years also lol....

Like we have said before, any bed base best notslatted but a full piece of support.
Like you mentioned, ang moh strangely always sell slated pieces.
Latex unlike spring are rather elastic.
If really bad shape after afew years, no choice liao.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Like we have said before, any bed base best notslatted but a full piece of support.
Like you mentioned, ang moh strangely always sell slated pieces.
Latex unlike spring are rather elastic.
If really bad shape after afew years, no choice liao.

Yes, I would think a flat base makes more sense anytime.. 😂

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Hi. Is it cheaper to get mattress during trade fair or shopping malls with the promos/GSS?

Thanks.

Would rather get from a proper shop than expo, alot of complaints or issues always come from expo.

Normally better "free gift" like electronics at dept store, and better price off at normal stores.

For some brands normally its a perpetual same discount unless they clear off display or old stocks

grapewall

Reaction score
A shop at the HDB void deck recommended this brand called Dreamster. Said it is sub brand of Sleep Night. Quite cheap. Any feedback?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A shop at the HDB void deck recommended this brand called Dreamster. Said it is sub brand of Sleep Night. Quite cheap. Any feedback?

Cheap or expensive, as long as it serves you well, sleep well, all no problem.
My getha for me, i sleep very well without aircon.
Some sleep sealy, simmons, tempur, also can.
But if memory foam involved, no aircon means gg liao.
Need to take note of that.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Lie on it. Even if we tell you super nice, but if you lie and don't like also no point.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.