Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where's the best place to get them?

Best place to try out, will be oxley bizhub, they have a getha showroom.
Price-wise, can check ard like some buddy says courts and see if can nego and claim your mall points etc.
I bought from tai seng side.

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im surprised there are still coconut husks fibres for furniture, mattresses nowadays...

its a very old school method that my parents or grandparents are familiar with.
but..now the husk has been fuse with latex...for example...like getha 1...they have sample of their husk..which is rubberized.

Sent from Samsung Note 10 + using GAGT

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but..now the husk has been fuse with latex...for example...like getha 1...they have sample of their husk..which is rubberized.

Sent from Samsung Note 10 + using GAGT

I know bottom is coconut husk fibre.
Then top is latex.
Almost got bought over by them.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Just a reminder this Friday, Robinson gonna have Black Friday sale. Good time to buy bed and get the PWP deals.

pcslacker

Reaction score
Thanks all bros for so much information in this thread. Have had a lot of issues with foam mattresses sagging over time and now see why most bros here recommend latex. Did some look see and test at the expo this week and liked the pure latex feel but wifey prefer spring and latex with very firm support. Most mattress either too firm for me or too soft for her except one from magic coil.

Any review on magic coil nebula range at expo which is much cheaper (King ~1.5-2.5k) than the models at unisprings? Salesperson claim only pure Thai latex layer on top of individual barrel pocket springs and no other foam layers but I am not sure if can trust. Cannot find any info on their website either.

I have bad experience with magic coil non latex range before on sagging.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Thanks all bros for so much information in this thread. Have had a lot of issues with foam mattresses sagging over time and now see why most bros here recommend latex. Did some look see and test at the expo this week and liked the pure latex feel but wifey prefer spring and latex with very firm support. Most mattress either too firm for me or too soft for her except one from magic coil.

Any review on magic coil nebula range at expo which is much cheaper (King ~1.5-2.5k) than the models at unisprings? Salesperson claim only pure Thai latex layer on top of individual barrel pocket springs and no other foam layers but I am not sure if can trust. Cannot find any info on their website either.

I have bad experience with magic coil non latex range before on sagging.

Was the springs part of the reason ur old magic koil matttess sagged? Since it is a spring + latex so the springs itself would also play a part on whether the latex top mattress would sag or not.

In general thai and malaysian latex are identical (dunlop method) which are cheaper to produce. Good reference point on the pricing would be mylatex then.

pcslacker

Reaction score
Was the springs part of the reason ur old magic koil matttess sagged? Since it is a spring + latex so the springs itself would also play a part on whether the latex top mattress would sag or not.

In general thai and malaysian latex are identical (dunlop method) which are cheaper to produce. Good reference point on the pricing would be mylatex then.

Actually I have not used latex before. Previous ones were spring + different types of foam (including memory foam). Most last only a couple of years at max and the recent one sag in a few months only which I am using now.

After reading this thread I am now looking for a new one based on pocket spring + latex or pure latex only. I want to stay away from any foam layers and keep only pure latex top on spring ideally. Cannot find much info on the models I see at expo to confirm what salesperson say. Not sure if <2k price for a king sound right for the nebula models (approx 3" layer of pure latex) without any foam added for support?

MyLatex at expo was quoting quite ex and had limited models to display. Radiant Breeze (the update for Rio?) was not firm enough for wifey.

Will go down to IMM also next few days to check Unisprings and the other brands there. Hopefully can get something in budget (~2.5k) for Black Friday promos.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Actually I have not used latex before. Previous ones were spring + different types of foam (including memory foam). Most last only a couple of years at max and the recent one sag in a few months only which I am using now.

After reading this thread I am now looking for a new one based on pocket spring + latex or pure latex only. I want to stay away from any foam layers and keep only pure latex top on spring ideally. Cannot find much info on the models I see at expo to confirm what salesperson say. Not sure if <2k price for a king sound right for the nebula models (approx 3" layer of pure latex) without any foam added for support?

MyLatex at expo was quoting quite ex and had limited models to display. Radiant Breeze (the update for Rio?) was not firm enough for wifey.

Will go down to IMM also next few days to check Unisprings and the other brands there. Hopefully can get something in budget (~2.5k) for Black Friday promos.

Never buy mylatex from expo, they do funny model names and sell very expensive, similar to the IMM store when I went last time. If u want to get mylatex I think most will reccomend the yishun shop or now is to buy rio from JB. (Jb is cheaper but confirm no warranty)

I have been to magic koil before but the latex isn't 100% natural so did not end up shortlisting it, probably more worth it to buy a mylatex since the rio at least is 100% natural.

pcslacker

Reaction score
Never buy mylatex from expo, they do funny model names and sell very expensive, similar to the IMM store when I went last time. If u want to get mylatex I think most will reccomend the yishun shop or now is to buy rio from JB. (Jb is cheaper but confirm no warranty)

I have been to magic koil before but the latex isn't 100% natural so did not end up shortlisting it, probably more worth it to buy a mylatex since the rio at least is 100% natural.

Thx bro. May I ask where I can check on the magic koil latex info like you mentioned? I am thinking of going down to their oxley showroom also to see if I can get better info from salesperson there or maybe some official specs from brand.

pacificstorm

Reaction score
Thx bro. May I ask where I can check on the magic koil latex info like you mentioned? I am thinking of going down to their oxley showroom also to see if I can get better info from salesperson there or maybe some official specs from brand.

No info available online, also no certs I could refer to when I visited their main shop in furniture mall. Only info was a video on their fb long time back that talked about the thailand latex. I think the expo are run by the same peeps though, so no diff between expo and their flagship stores

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Been to Oxley mylatex, yes, quite a few beds to rest on.
No crowd. Can take your own time to decide.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No info available online, also no certs I could refer to when I visited their main shop in furniture mall. Only info was a video on their fb long time back that talked about the thailand latex. I think the expo are run by the same peeps though, so no diff between expo and their flagship stores

The one at oxley, i do not find sales very informative though.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for king bed frame divan style non storage with flat base around 1.5k or less? Went scanteak didn't like the look of their frames.

UnDeaDAfk

Reaction score
hi guys. should i jump on the black friday wagon and buy at robinson? or should i try out at other places?

saw you guys saying full latex is very good. any brands should i try for full latex? curry my bed is not full latex and its been a few years already would like to change 1

pacificstorm

Reaction score
hi guys. should i jump on the black friday wagon and buy at robinson? or should i try out at other places?

saw you guys saying full latex is very good. any brands should i try for full latex? curry my bed is not full latex and its been a few years already would like to change 1

A full latex or full latex topper is reccomended to prevent sagging and no VOC.
Still have 2 days till friday u can check out all and decide for urself, S brands on promo for black Friday is still costing a few times more than the prices in USA.
Malaysian latex camp: mylatex (yishun shop/jb) getha (furniture mall/bizhub)
Angmoh latex camp: european bedding (heveya 1 2 3 at tiongbahru), dormiente (tan boon liat), maxcoil relaxer/royal brilliance/jardin (imm)

Any recommendations for king bed frame divan style non storage with flat base around 1.5k or less? Went scanteak didn't like the look of their frames.

If is not wooden kind I think all furniture and mattress shop also under 1.5k for most synthetic leather/fabric frames. Maybe u can try Commune, Castlery. Suntec got a few shops.

The one at oxley, i do not find sales very informative though.

Bro I think generally their latex very normal so want more information also dont have things to say.. haha. How got lobang for bedsheets anot blackfriday.:s12:

UnDeaDAfk

Reaction score
A full latex or full latex topper is reccomended to prevent sagging and no VOC.
Still have 2 days till friday u can check out all and decide for urself, S brands on promo for black Friday is still costing a few times more than the prices in USA.
Malaysian latex camp: mylatex (yishun shop/jb) getha (furniture mall/bizhub)
Angmoh latex camp: european bedding (heveya 1 2 3 at tiongbahru), dormiente (tan boon liat), maxcoil relaxer/royal brilliance/jardin (imm)

but black friday sale i only saw robinson have. i think courts has it online but dont know go down to the mega store will it be more worth it?

for malaysia latex camp... mylatex or getha more worth it? i seen getha range got super expensive to average. also is it better to buy in JB for msia brand?

pacificstorm

Reaction score
but black friday sale i only saw robinson have. i think courts has it online but dont know go down to the mega store will it be more worth it?

for malaysia latex camp... mylatex or getha more worth it? i seen getha range got super expensive to average. also is it better to buy in JB for msia brand?

Afaik all are on black Friday sales just whether is real discount or markup discount. Taka,courts,tangs etc all also got black friday sales. Mylatex is alot cheaper in JB but getha I don't know. What's ur budget range?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.