HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Mattress - which brand / types? Part 2

Like Tree316Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2019, 02:28 AM   #3721

Hmm... didn't think that the Sealy mattresses had too much partner disturbances, despite the lack of pocket springs. You should see how their sales people go about selling their spring system, not bad at all. The IMM Sealy store even brought our their springs, together with pocketed springs from another brand, to say why the pocketed spring system has poor support.

Sealy is like the only brand that maintained their SG prices in JB as well, even after currency conversion.

However, I do have some friends that swear by Sealy. It is just out of my budget heh.

That said I think that for partner disturbances, top layer and firmness accounts for maybe 80% of it. Tried some individual pocketed spring mattresses from the very high end brands, had quite bad partner disturbances.

The King Koil one I bought in JB (LFK spring) was better, in terms of partner disturbances, than most of the mattresses I tried in SG that came with pocketed springs. So I didn't bother with pocketed springs after finding that mattress.

Quick side note - any recommendations for pillows? Looking at latex pillows now and the one from Amour keeps on coming up.
Have been to Sealy, have used sealy in the past too(when it was still made in usa and prices weren't inflated). Just try usa Walmart, usmattress and look at how much Sealy is selling in USA u can easily get a queen king mattress with posturepedic aka higher range less than 1k usd. Don't see how its worth in SG when they are made in thailand and go easily up to 5 digit figures. Think there was a time it was popular to directly buy from USA coz with shipping u still looking easily at 15 to 20% of the cost of the highest range when compared to SG. Most expensive 16" Sealy I seen on USA website was probably 2k to 3k USD, probably enough to only buy a very low end Sealy in SG only.

Btw heard latex pillows very cheap in MY, I think getha or mylatex pillows should be alot cheaper there than in SG.
pacificstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #3722

Just got Maxcoil rustburg soft for 2 weeks nia and I got backaches everyday.....
Anyone know the current price for Maxcoil Jardin king without bed frame?
Kensuke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #3723

Just got Maxcoil rustburg soft for 2 weeks nia and I got backaches everyday.....
Jardin King w/o frame should be $2599 (if they haven't done any price adjustment lately)
VacheronLim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #3724

Jardin King w/o frame should be $2599 (if they haven't done any price adjustment lately)

Ok
thanks
Old 11-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #3725
Master Member

I am just wondering for us that always easily get back pain person, should we choose a firmer or softer matteress.
Gondon72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:52 AM   #3726

I am just wondering for us that always easily get back pain person, should we choose a firmer or softer matteress.
Maybe firmer is better?
Old 12-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #3727
Master Member

Maybe firmer is better?

I guess I need to go and try all the mattress before I decide which to buy. Keep having back pain is not fun..Always need to see doctor to get pain killer.

Last edited by Gondon72; 12-10-2019 at 09:21 AM..
Old 12-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #3728
Supremacy Member

I guess I need to go and try all the mattress before I decide which to buy. Keep having back pain is not fun..Always need to see doctor to get pain killer.
try to do some pilates or yoga to flex and strengthen the core?

Sent from Samsung Note 10 + using GAGT
doki81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #3729

Was told back sleeper can go firm but not the seahorse type of very firm, side sleeping can go slightly softer but also not very soft. Most popular firmness they said is medium firm.

Considering when go prc tour the hotel bed always hard like rock and get very bad shoulder aches only for 1 night think cannot go too hard also
Old 12-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #3730
High Supremacy Member

Was told back sleeper can go firm but not the seahorse type of very firm, side sleeping can go slightly softer but also not very soft. Most popular firmness they said is medium firm.

Considering when go prc tour the hotel bed always hard like rock and get very bad shoulder aches only for 1 night think cannot go too hard also
Yea, like hotel81 those hard like rock cannot sleep sia
Goodshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #3731

Yea, like hotel81 those hard like rock cannot sleep sia
Didn't know that then fragrance hotel leh? Hahaha
Old 12-10-2019, 07:51 PM   #3732
Master Member

Ok..so i have to look at something that is firm side but not as firm as those in prc hotel since most of the time i'm 70% side sleeper and 30% back sleeper. Hope i can get a super single mattress that is good for me under $1500.

try to do some pilates or yoga to flex and strengthen the core?

Sent from Samsung Note 10 + using GAGT
Yes, nowadays trying to do more stretching exercise.

Last edited by Gondon72; 12-10-2019 at 08:16 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #3733

Ok..so i have to look at something that is firm side but not as firm as those in prc hotel since most of the time i'm 70% side sleeper and 30% back sleeper. Hope i can get a super single mattress that is good for me under $1500.
Think 1.5k is very good budget for a super single mattress. Can go for natural latex top
Old 13-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #3734
Master Member

Think 1.5k is very good budget for a super single mattress. Can go for natural latex top
Thanks for the information. Still reading up this thread as all along I only know spring and pocketed spring bed.

Do you have any brand that can recommend me to go and test the mattress?
Old 13-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #3735

Thanks for the information. Still reading up this thread as all along I only know spring and pocketed spring bed.

Do you have any brand that can recommend me to go and test the mattress?
Reccomend you to pop by IMM as they have boutique stores for almost every single brand I can think of. Personally bought Royal brilliance at the maxcoil shop in IMM (the firmer one with latex top is called Jardin 1, the mattress alone price for SS most probably is within your budget, maybe can pm bro Vacheronlim since he bought that)

Good to spend a day checking out all the brands in the mall as well. I normally also recommend another 2 full latex brands (not in IMM) but they are well over 1.5k unfortunately.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.