HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question on Damage tiles and cabinet measurement

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2019, 03:19 PM   #1
Master Member

Question on Damage tiles and cabinet measurement

Just finished my Reno with a ID .
he given me the final invoice with additional add on and some changes of measurement after carpenter measure the place.

so i have a few question if someone can answer .
mine is hdb resale flat .

1) there is about 5 damage tiles that need to remove and replaced on kitchen wall as previously there is a basin installed over there .

replacing 5 damage tiles and help us plaster some tiles that have hole on it cost $480 ?!

when query to ID he told me:
"this I can do some discount for you. Changing of tiles is more costing than redo tiles because it is double job to cutting nicely it out without damage any other pieces and relay again. Not easy like hack and redo. That's why it cost more higher. I do some deduction for you to $380
"

is it true that its hard to change tiles ? and the charges so high ? tiles only cost $3-5.

2)
cabinet measure example its 110cm . is about 3.6feet . he told me it will be counted as 4ft . is it correct ? if 1 ft = $100 . the additional of 0.4feet = $40 =?

its that how carpenter measure and input to invoice ? 3.51-4ft will be counted as 4ft ?

he said "cabinet is consider as 4ft because no matter 3.5 above. The reason is laminate and plywood ori come with 4ft length. So it is as a wastage."

all my measurement seems to be rounded to the nearest 0.5ft.

hope to hear you guys feedback thanks.

Last edited by Myu~sun; 29-07-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Myu~sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.