HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend a Good and Cheap Air-Con Service Company

Like Tree255Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 03:21 PM   #1

Recommend a Good and Cheap Air-Con Service Company

I intend to service my hus air-cons, but dunno which company is reliable and provides good service, anyone here can help to recommend?? What's the cost roughly for servicing? Pls provide the contact no. and name of the company.
Ew_pOOh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #2

Better dont get those cheap cheap one found in newspaper. Had 2 separate servicemen who spoilt my aircon during servicing. Its better to spend a bit more to get those authorised technicians and servicemen who were trained to service the brand of ur aircon
unwanted likes this.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:14 AM   #3

Normal servicing shld be ard $25 to $35 per unit. Chemical around $120 to $150 per unit.
terumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #4

Last edited by hockwang; 23-05-2009 at 05:28 PM..
hockwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #5

Cool Bear - Look for Mike....90268655..
godbless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #6

thks for providing the infos!
Ew_pOOh_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
Supremacy Member

Anyone noes of any company tt provides cheaper aircon svc-ing if i purchase in a package? Dat means says 4 regular svc-ings a yr for a flat fee.?
jayism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Normal servicing shld be ard $25 to $35 per unit. Chemical around $120 to $150 per unit.

Just serviced my air. Paid whatever cash I had with me and that was $247 (instead of $300) for 3 units and the compressor as the guy dont want cheque. The guy did a reasonable good job as he sprayed the 'internal' of the blowers with something like 'soap' and then sprayed water on the blowers. My god, the amount of filth came flowing down the blowers. Next he also do the same to the compressor.

After observing his job, normal servicing you can do yourself. Just remove the filter and wash. If you want, you can vacuum those fins to remove the dirt. Other than that, you need professional because you need a sprayer with soap and a water gun and a tray to catch the water when you spray water into the blowers.
henrylbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #9

Anyone noes of any company tt provides cheaper aircon svc-ing if i purchase in a package? Dat means says 4 regular svc-ings a yr for a flat fee.?
i use Airecontrol. My contract for quarterly servicing is $288 (4units) per year.
devilish_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2007, 10:18 PM   #10

The washing that you paid for $247 is chemical w/o dismantling the a/c. This is a simple method and ard $50 to $80 per unit for the market rate.
terumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2007, 09:42 AM   #11

i am also looking for good and cheap air-con service..

my problem is that i don't know whether a chemical wash is necessary.

I bought this resale flat (6yr old) last year, the aircon is cool but not freezing even when i set the temp to 18. I did have regular service from natural cool quaterly and topuped gas. so should i go for chemical wash? or simply my compressor is not powerful enough?

btw, chemical wash is just for the fan coil? how about the compressor? What's the market rate for 4 fan coils + compressor?

Does it help if a do chemical wash to only one of the four fan coils?

thanks.
m12345y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #12

i use Airecontrol. My contract for quarterly servicing is $288 (4units) per year.
Don't even think about using Airecontrol: the splashed water all over the place in my bathroom without cleaning it afterwards and we had to clean it ourselves; didn't bother to turn off the aircon after servicing them; and the technicians they sent was VERY RUDE. When I called to complain, the guy who answered my phone first said OK we will do another service for you, which means that they will come over and splash my bathroom again and then clean it, and then turn on the aircon and then turn it off. When I mentioned I would complain to the authorities, he said you just complain I couldn’t care less as this is not my business! Also their website said their package include “flushing” the drainage system, while in the contract they brought over it somehow mysteriously became “vacuuming” the drainage. I wonder which dictionary defines “flush” as “vacuum”. There are some funny things going on with this company. Run away from them as fast as you can!
Now I’m trying to get in touch with the owner of the firm to tell him what his people did behind his back. Unless I receive some satisfactory answer from him, I will make sure that they are stripped off the TrustSg seal on their website. Who would have any trust in a company that keeps cheating its customers?
goalshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #13

Any more recommendation?

hi,

I am keen on this area as well. my last 2 service providers have been bad. would like to know good recommendation.

thanks.

Ken
hc8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2008, 01:36 AM   #14

can pm me the bad ones?

me using Airecontrol, also not satisfied, worse than natrual cool
m12345y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #15

Service all my 6 units in my house half yearly. Of course my maid assist me throughout the process and the outcome is usually . Cost only water, detergent and magic clean.

Work done are as follow,

- throughly clean the fin
- dismental the aircon and took out the fan to wash( very dirty)
- Spray the compressor with water during raining day

My LG aircon still going strong after 4 years.

Clean air equal good health so I rather do a good job for my family sake.
shedidit likes this.
canadataboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.