Recommend for Portable Air Con. TRENDS good?

stitch626

Reaction score
TRENDS Air Con is horrible

Hi to all want to buy TRENDS Air Con pls don't buy this Brand you will have NIGHTMARE and for the rest of your life PLS PLS PLS GO for other Brand if you are a stuff from TRENDS who like to clarify with me do drop me an Email to know why at wkt76@yahoo.com.sg.

JX1983

Reaction score
After reading up seems that a lot ppl complaining about trends brand.. Anyone saw any promotion anywhere for portable aircon during this SG50 period?

Reaction score
http://www.trendshome.com.sg/casement-aircon.html

anyone bought this casement aircon care to share if it is good?

I got the TPS-C1SIN (White) 8000BTU model and for my small bedroom it actually exceeded my expectations! Takes about 20-30 mins with oscillated fan to cool the room but it does the job so am delighted! The filter gets less dirty if you keep the room clean but cleaning it is very easy also :s12: Heard many not happy with their portable ac line but so far the casement model (this specific one) is a good buy IMHO

Arbalest

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the TPS-C1SIN (White) 8000BTU model and for my small bedroom it actually exceeded my expectations! Takes about 20-30 mins with oscillated fan to cool the room but it does the job so am delighted! The filter gets less dirty if you keep the room clean but cleaning it is very easy also :s12: Heard many not happy with their portable ac line but so far the casement model (this specific one) is a good buy IMHO

Was happy like u when I first bought this but encountertng the same problem as the others after abt 2 yrs usage. I.e. Compressor spoil

Seems like it has approx 2 yrs 'expiry'

ack33

Master Member
Reaction score
It takes sometime to cool the room maybe half hour? As compared to fixed type which takes about 5mins. Maybe it is undersized, as no calculations was done before this purchase.

Hot air also leaks from the exhaust duct connection and i have to build a DIY seal with a piece of rubber.

Have it installed next to my bed due to space limitation, as such it is rather noisy. Will be less of a problem if you have your bed far away from the window.

Aesthetics is good, portable can be transfer between rooms.

Seldom use it, so it kinda serves the purpose.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
I also LL. i got the portable aircon at $500. servicing is $240 per year. wah lao i no need servicing, let it run for two years can buy new aircon already. dont buy TRENDS!

Yes Don't buy Trends/Trentios.

Their servicing charges will kill you. They will take away your unit for servicing. Then tell you this spoilt that spoilt and needs to be replaced. Then jacked up the servicing charges.

Also, the aircon not cold. Only got cold air. (Personal Opinion)

Last edited:

sakuraygn

Reaction score
Trend casement aircon: problem

Hi,

I have trend casement aircon: since 2011. Now, got problem.
the aircon not cold. not get any air. Pls advise what is the reason if you know.

BenCoolServices

Reaction score
Hi,

I have trend casement aircon: since 2011. Now, got problem.
the aircon not cold. not get any air. Pls advise what is the reason if you know.
1. not getting any air refer to blowing weak or the blower not even tunning?
2. if blowing is very weak but u can feel the air that blow out is still cold. chemcial overhaul maybe needed pricing between $130-$180.

tanwill

Reaction score
I also got experience with Trend portable AC. Bought $399 from Giant, 2 weeks spoilt liao. The svc guy came and took back. 4 days later wanted $150 for some capacitor replacement but i told them it should be under warranty. So it was repair for free.

Fast forward 1 year later. Not cold any more. Call svc, they took back and call after 4 days. Again they say capacitor spoilt, need to pump gas and change water pump [funny got water pump meh? Thought only drip tray!], wanted $345 !!

I tell them throw away lah. Bought $399, repair $345 ! What the fish !!!

Nego to $200. Repaired and returned. Portable A/C was still spoilt on delivery ! China svc guy went to swap a capacitor immediately and was working again [suspect that the only damage parts all along!].

The next day room floor wet ! Call svc as there is some "B4" error code and cannot work afterthat. They came, took back the a/c back centre again. Called me the next day, wanted $140 for water pump repair ! I was soooo mad! Gave them a good part of my brain and now waiting for the a/c to be returned.

Thats my experience, dont think i will buy this brand again.

StealthShadow

Reaction score
Saw TCL export set 12000BTU selling at bezvalue.com

Anyone got experience buying from them? Price is good (almost too good to be true), and what worries me is that they accept payment only by interbank transfer... Sounds fishy, no?

Vionratio

Reaction score
epac 14j is this good?

Hi guys, anyone use this Europace epac 14j before? Is this a very old model? Does it last long?

jho0001

Reaction score
Honeywell MM14CCS

Bought the Honeywell MM14CCS and based on my experience with this unit, I would completely avoid portable aircons.

I purchased this 14000 btu unit to cool down a bedroom of approx 400sq ft room, the unit is advertised as being capable of cooling a 550sqft room but to my dismay the lowest room temp reading on the unit was 25c, despite setting the unit to 16c (another fan I had in the room showed a reading of 27c and that was only sitting a metre away from the Honeywell).

Unless you plan to sit directly in front of a portable Aircon, I really wouldn't recommend to anyone to waste their money.

I read so many reviews, mostly good which ultimately helped me decide to purchase the unit but I really must not believe what I read on the Internet but instead get 1st hand info from people who actually own these units.

So, so, so disappointed that I wasted 1k!!!

Last edited:

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought the Honeywell MM14CCS and based on my experience with this unit, I would completely avoid portable aircons.

I purchased this 14000 btu unit to cool down a bedroom of approx 400sq ft room, the unit is advertised as being capable of cooling a 550sqft room but to my dismay the lowest room temp reading on the unit was 25c, despite setting the unit to 16c (another fan I had in the room showed a reading of 27c and that was only sitting a metre away from the Honeywell).

Unless you plan to sit directly in front of a portable Aircon, I really wouldn't recommend to anyone to waste their money.

I read so many reviews, mostly good which ultimately helped me decide to purchase the unit but I really must not believe what I read on the Internet but instead get 1st hand info from people who actually own these units.

So, so, so disappointed that I wasted 1k!!!

Is the unit noisy?

ronleech

Reaction score
bought one recently, first nite I place it on a 60cm high cabinet and was not really cooling, next nite change and place it on the floor, seems to have better effect. therefore can I say, portable air con should be placed on the floor rather than height? Looks like something to do with the room air circulating stuff.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.