HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Shower fittings - Get from Taobao or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #1

Shower fittings - Get from Taobao or not?

Hi all, I'm currently fitting out my 5rm BTO and planning to change the shower sets for both common and master bathroom cos HDB one is not so nice I've done quite a bit of research on pros and cons of getting stuff from Taobao but it seems for shower sets, the parts are quite prone to rusting even though most are 304 grade stainless steel. Applies for kitchen and bathroom taps also.

Anyone has any positive/negative experiences after buying shower sets from Taobao? A bit concerned with the rusting and low QC bit.
nzijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:13 AM   #2

Bump for advice!
nzijun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:23 PM   #3

For hot&cold shower set, check the gap between the hot & cold outlets matches ours.

Rusting depends on luck.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #4

Get the well known International brands.... However, they are not cheap and end up, may want to pay slightly more to get here. Try look for "moen" brand instead of the usual grohe etc....
seanyboydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.