Upgrading rest rooms, do I need ID or contractor?

i-Movies

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am planning to upgrade the rest rooms in the house, change shower room door (x1), change closestool (x2), replace restroom door with barn door (x1). Do I need ID to coordinate these works? Or just get a contractor? Where can I find such contractor?

Thanks

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are fine. The beauty of just employing your contractor is that it tends to be cheaper since you don't have to pay any project management fee and markups to ID. The flipside is that you need to monitor/ supervise the contractor because if they mess up, there is nobody that will be accountable.

For ID, if their contractor messes up, you can hold them accountable.

That is generally what I feel. There will be others that may hold a different view.

i-Movies

Reaction score
Both are fine. The beauty of just employing your contractor is that it tends to be cheaper since you don't have to pay any project management fee and markups to ID. The flipside is that you need to monitor/ supervise the contractor because if they mess up, there is nobody that will be accountable.

For ID, if their contractor messes up, you can hold them accountable.

That is generally what I feel. There will be others that may hold a different view.

If I go for contractor, I need to purchase closestool, shower door/screen, and barn door by myself? and contractor is just to bring the workers to install?

Is there any one-stop place that I can find all of them?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.