WARNING POST: YANG HUA FURNITURE TRADING

JustForInterest

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After reading ur post and other forum. I believed that I m also one of the victim. We just bought the furniture package from other furniture shop in SG. Kadut, not same as u. But after back home, and check their reviews, it is really really bad. We already pay 50% deposit. Now, we are very worried for it. But, it's too late.
We plan to withdraw the order, which mean we don't want the deposit anymore. But the sales order stated " No cancellation, refund and change of the item". We doubt that if we still need to clear/pay the outstanding balance to them even though we don't want our initial deposit? We don't want to continue take risk.
We are worried abt the term & condition mentioned above. Do u hv any idea or advice of it? Appreate very much if u could help us on it. Thanks

My take is that if you don't mind forgoing your deposit, I don't see a reason why you can't just cancel your order. If they have not deliver the items, you should be able to cancel. UNLESS they claim that they have customized the items already so you have no choice but to accept it. If you have not went down to confirm all the materials and stuff, I don't see why you cannot cancel the order and lost just the deposit. Maybe you want to call the company up and ask them about it?

JustForInterest

Master Member
Reaction score
Typically how much percentage of the total price should be paid in deposit?

50% sounds a lot as furniture is never cheap. we're talking about a few hundred at the very least

I tink it depends on the company or how you nego with the salesperson. Some just asked you to issue maybe for eg, if the total amount is $4800, they can ask you to place maybe $1800 as deposit. Not necessarily half . Half can be alot if you are talking about buying furniture for the whole house.

Vassago

Reaction score
Bump Up.

Have similar experience with them on sofa interior cushion cover. We did not check when delivered. Our fault. For a 2k plus sofa, the yellow cushion sponge is not in a case at all. Just a soft translucent cloth wrapping it. Our older cheaper sofa cushion comes with a proper white case.

So please check when u buy and do indicate it in The order form.

JustForInterest

Master Member
Reaction score
Bump Up.

Have similar experience with them on sofa interior cushion cover. We did not check when delivered. Our fault. For a 2k plus sofa, the yellow cushion sponge is not in a case at all. Just a soft translucent cloth wrapping it. Our older cheaper sofa cushion comes with a proper white case.

So please check when u buy and do indicate it in The order form.

Thanks for the bump!!!

Awareness up!

mib500

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for heads up... man... now days all must check first before buying... :s22::s22:

mskarah

Reaction score
I also want to warn you guys about bedandbasics.sg

Don't buy from bedandbasics.sg no matter what. Their 100-day return policy is ********. They sent me a stained and drooping sofa and refuse to refund me. Said it's cos the item is no longer in its original packaging. How the H do you inspect a sofa without removing its packaging?!

On top of that, they are very very rude and niao and keep trying to fleece me and my hubby. Try to make us accept an exchange but the quality and design is unacceptable. And their attitude is the worst.

GO FORTYTWO instead. They're really decent and the customer service is topnotch. Every time I've bought from them, I've had a good experience. They just didn't have the kind of sofa we wanted. Bought from Star Living in the end, which was also pretty cool. They were nice at least and helpful, and the quality is of some standard.

mskarah

Reaction score
Warning about bedandbasics.sg too

Don't buy from bedandbasics.sg no matter what. Their 100-day return policy is ********. They sent me a stained and drooping sofa and refuse to refund me. Said it's cos the item is no longer in its original packaging. How the H do you inspect a sofa without removing its packaging?!

On top of that, they are very very rude and niao and keep trying to fleece me and my hubby.

GO FORTYTWO instead. They're really decent and the customer service is topnotch. They just didn't have the kind of sofa we wanted. Bought from Star Living in the end, which was also pretty cool. They were nice at least and helpful, and the quality is of some standard.

BedandBasics

Reaction score
Response to Gwyneth on bedandbasics.sg

Dear Gwyneth,

The company has been silent on this matter because we were negotiating an amicable resolution with your husband, who was polite and gracious throughout the negotiations.

Now that you have escalated the matter to Paypal and a decision has been reached by Paypal, I feel that it is now appropriate to share our side of the story.

I apologise that you felt our 100 day return policy is unfair. This policy was implemented only after considerable thought and carefully examining the returns policies of our furniture E-commerce industry peers.

We have processed many returns without question. These returns were repacked into our original packaging by our customers and picked up by our logistics partners.

It is untrue that we have refused your return because the sofa was taken out of its original packaging.

Shipping is a hard cost that we occur from our logistics partners, regardless if it is a delivery or a return. An item without its protective packaging is subject to additional risks during transport. Furthermore, repackaging the item would result in additional material and labour cost.

Your sofa was flat packed in 2 big boxes.

We feel that it is reasonable that the product packaging should be in good condition to be eligible for a full refund.

Being a frequent online shopper, I'm quite sure you were aware that the link to our returns and refunds policy is accessible at the footer of every webpage. In fact, during your Live Chat session with my colleague, my colleague has pointed out to you our refunds and returns policy, before you placed the order. A copy of the Live Chat transcript was emailed to you.

When your first email complaint about the sofa was sent to us near midnight, we responded immediately the next day. We took responsibility for the defects in your sofa and promised a full replacement of the entire sofa. However, you refused and were adamant that you wanted a full refund.

In one of the pictures in your email, it seemed that the original packaging/box for the sofa was damaged. If the packaging/box was indeed damaged, it is a violation of our refunds and returns policy.

When my colleague contacted you to assess if the sofa was eligible for the free return, you insisted that the box was still in good condition. However, when asked to assist with the assessment, you refused. Eventually, I took over the phone conversation on our end, and your husband took over on yours.

I have worked with your husband and offered these terms:
1. A free and complete replacement of the sofa
2. A full refund if the packaging was in good condition
3. A refund minus a restocking fee of $80 if the packaging was indeed damaged

Which led to:
1. A full refund minus a $40 restocking fee if you arrange transport of the sofa on your end to our warehouse
2. A full refund minus a restocking fee of $75 if the packaging was indeed damaged.

And eventually concluded in your husband accepting the refund minus a restocking fee of $75.

I had promised your husband to contact our logistic partner to arrange a delivery schedule yesterday, which was what I was about to do near the end of yesterday.

However, it was discovered that while your husband and I were negotiating in good faith, you have posted several nasty reviews containing half-truths across our digital assets. I felt that I had to consult with management before committing to a pickup date with our logistics partner, which was the first thing I did in the morning today.

At 9:40am today, you escalated our dispute into a Paypal claim. Since the dispute has been escalated into a Paypal claim, the previous agreement I had with your husband is void.

All these happened in the span of two days.

I can imagine your frustration as you have called us "Ah Beng" and "Minion" across our social media and other digital assets.

I sincerely apologise if my colleague sounded rude on the phone, and if we did not meet your expectations. I have truly tried to prioritise your complaint to the best of my abilities.

We are a young, Singaporean startup and most of our employees are Singaporeans. The colleague that spoke to you on the phone, did not speak impeccable English like you did, as he was not well educated, and often lapses into Singlish mid-conversation. It was not our intention to be rude or difficult.

As a young startup, we lack the resources that the big boys do. I am sorry that we could not resolve your issue in the timeline you expected.

The settlement option(full refund minus a restocking fee of $75) which we had proposed, and that your husband had chosen, was intended to help you to reduce your cost and liabilities of shipping the sofa back to our warehouse. It was meant to be a gesture of goodwill. I'm sorry if you had interpreted it as trying to fleece you and your husband.

The restocking fee of $75 truly does not cover the cost of shipping back an item that has to be flat packed into 2 big boxes.

Paypal has reached a decision that you would have to ship the sofa back to our warehouse at your own cost and that you would be liable for all further damages to our sofa from the point you received the sofa on 17th April 2018.

We will do our best to comply with Paypal's decision and policies and work on improving our customer service.

Thank you.

Last edited:

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL. Classic case of ownself slap ownself.

The deal struck between husband & company was certainly better but TS go & self pwn.

Since husband already handling why does TS have to kaypoh? End up making matters worse.

Tasmin

Reaction score
EXTREMELY UNETHICAL COMPANY & RUDE STAFF

Someone please help me to any channels i could address my grievances! This Yang Hua Furniture is indeed a very dishonest n unethical company! At 1512 today i called their sungei kadut showroom n
ended up with more frustrations & anger!

Spoke with WINSON HO( who claimed he is the operations manager) he verbal abused me said ive depression & further reprimanded me for treating them as an alarm clock when i asked when he could send someone down to assess the pungent smell emitted from the bunk bed drawers! He said he was fully aware of my case from sales person Eric but yet he didnt do anything to send someone down to assess immediately!?? And he warned me no matter how many calls i make will be useless.

Ive had 3whole sleepless nights due to the pungent smell. Which human being wont be frustrated n depressed after inhaling this foul smell n without sleepfor 3whole nights!

My order of children’s bunk bed was delivered last Thursday 19/4. while i was vacuuming n opened up the drawers, to my horror, a terrible choking pungent smell rushed to my nose n i coughed immediately. Thinking this smell will go away if i aired the drawers.
My 8 year old child n i slept with the windows opened n air con on cos she is sleeping on top bunk bed.

Immediately next day on 20th April, after i sent her to school, i aired the drawers. Again, the pungent smell rushed out & was stronger than before! I became giddy. Sensing something is wrong with the the product, i quickly whatsapp to ask the salesperson, Eric. He replied its normal the smell will go off in a few days time.

21st April & yesterday 22nd April morning, i took out the drawers n aired them. The terrible pungent smell remains & gets stronger than before. After some checking, & believing the pungent smell of inferior glue & wooden materials, i whatsapp Eric again. he told me off to stop spamming his whatsapp!! And they expect us to inhale this pungent smell for another 48hours because he doesnt know when his factory people can come down to assess!! how ridiculous!! Bullies all of them.

I really cannot tolerate this smell any further & fearing this may cause harm to my 8year old’s heath especially now is her exam period.

i regretted i should have searched more info about this unethical furniture company. Eyes brimming with grieved tears. please someone help to advise . Thank you.

NB Never buy from shopping mall atriums having furniture sale. i ordered thischildren bunk bed from a shopping mall at the most eastern part of Sg. M gg to feedback to this shopping mall management dont rent the atrium for this furniture company doing unethical sales.

Last edited:

Tasmin

Reaction score
may i know if CASE could send someone down to assess the pungent smell from the bunk beds? cos its not about the product price or delivery delay.

The thing about Boss of this company, does he/she even know their Sales manager Eric Ang (Tampines showroom)& Operations Manager Winson Ho (Sungei Kadut) speaks n behaves like gangsters to me, their customer!

only the delivery & assembly uncles are kind and polite to me in this Yang Hua.

Already went to CASE. Shot a letter to them. Bo reply. They are not even scared of CASE. Going to small claims next.

Last edited:

Tasmin

Reaction score
That means no one not even CASE can help me solve this pungent smell problem? Besides cough, my eyes r starting to sting from trying to clear the pungent smell in the room atm.

You should rise a case to CASE.

Tasmin

Reaction score
My apologies for so many posts. But Im truly at my wits ends. Knowing that ive to bear with this pungent smell again tonight makes me feel extremely indignant😢

Truy appreciative of the first person who created this online post about this unethical company.

Ive read all complaint threads wrt to this company Furniture Collection, Yang Hua Furniture ! Cant understand why is this company still able to survive n do business in Sg. No one or any authorities willing to ban their unethical n dishonest deeds. 🤢

Last edited:

Tasmin

Reaction score
Please never close this thread. There will be more victims out there. Trying to search for other channels where i can help to make my case go viral.

Tasmin

Reaction score
Many thanks n Kudos to all who shared their bad experience with this unethical company in this thread. Kindly continue this thread please, thank you! The pungent smell is still getting stronger & they are still ignoring my request for their pple to come down assess tomorrow before 12pm cos ive work & kid’s school exam.😓😰

Thanks for sharing! Agreed. Nv pay full...haiz...

Tasmin

Reaction score
Its bed time for my child and the pungent smell gets stronger no matter how hard i tried to filter away. Rather than sleeping soundly happily on a new bed, it became a terrible nightmare for my poor child who witnesses her mother moving the heavy drawers n putting them back again but foul smell kept getting stronger for 4 nights in a row!

Clenching teeth & Suffering in Silence.

Latest whatsapp conversation:

Viewing is already arrange what u want now?
I don’t wish to entertain u if u keep talking like this. And my guys will arrange a timing with u when they r going over.

ME: Tell me an exact date & time. I will call my dad, brother and uncles over just in case like your Boss Vincent threatened me in our teleconversation earlier.

Please stop spamming message I have screenshot all the message u had send it can proof u r disturbing me.

ME: okay go ahead. ive recorded n sent everything online too. i will definitely make sure this goes viral until i received an official apology from you, WINSON HO & your unethical company.

This thread is purely for raising awareness against this furniture company. Previously it was called Y H Furniture Trading. Now operating under Yang Hua.

Last edited:

Tasmin

Reaction score
ERIC From YH: If u really post then I’ll also do the same thing. I had already told u we will rectify it. 1956

ME: when are you going to rectify it??
my child is now getting a terrible headache. n vomitted.

worst, i will have to send her to hospital. you all be prepared to receive lawyers letter. which i dont think you n Vincent will be feeling any guilt! 2113

QUOTE=Tasmin;113980465]Its bed time for my child and the pungent smell gets stronger no matter how hard i tried to filter away. Rather than sleeping soundly happily on a new bed, it became a terrible nightmare for my poor child who witnesses her mother moving the heavy drawers n putting them back again but foul smell kept getting stronger for 4 nights in a row!

Clenching teeth & Suffering in Silence.

Latest whatsapp conversation:

ERIC :Viewing is already arrange what u want now?
I don’t wish to entertain u if u keep talking like this. And my guys will arrange a timing with u when they r going over.

ME: Tell me an exact date & time. I will call my dad, brother and uncles over just in case like your Boss Vincent threatened me in our teleconversation earlier.

ERIC: Please stop spamming message I have screenshot all the message u had send it can proof u r disturbing me.

ME: okay go ahead. ive recorded n sent everything online too. i will definitely make sure this goes viral until i received an official apology from you, WINSON & your unethical company.

Last edited:

BedandBasics

Reaction score
Hi Tasmin,

For the record, BedandBasics is not related to Yang Hua Furniture Trading. derrickgoh was also not talking about your case.

If Yang Hua does not provide you with a solution, you might want to consider filing a claim with the Small Claims Tribunals against them.

Tasmin

Reaction score
I see, i read in one of the threads all of you 3 companies are under same management. My apology if i made the mistake. Thank you for your advise. Till now, Yang Hua hasnt replied exactly when they are coming down to verify this pungent smell. Claims is not priority. My child’s health n well being is most important. Yesterday night she felt giddy n vomitted. I brought her to nearest 24hour clinic. The doctor’s wrote a memo i fwd to Yang Hua and they still continue to ignore me!
Would appreciate some good advise please help me! 😢

QUOTE=BedandBasics;113984044]Hi Tasmin,

For the record, BedandBasics is not related to Yang Hua Furniture Trading. derrickgoh was also not talking about your case.

If Yang Hua does not provide you with a solution, you might want to consider filing a claim with the Small Claims Tribunals against them.[/QUOTE]

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.