Washing Machine, Samsung or LG

mun_hoe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if 8kg front load can wash King size comforter?

depends on how thick is your comforter. it can wash for me with just the comforter and another 2-3 pieces of light clothing. there are even times where it will give a pre-spin dry error due to uneven load, have to adjust the comforter inside few tries before it can resume on it's own.

wayne085

Reaction score
i am currently using LF FG1612H3W together with the mini washer for about 1 month plus now and i must say yes it is pretty expensive for 2300 i probably could get a dedicated washer plus dryer but the ability to split wash your load(i normally use the mini washer for white clothes and other small items) means i can save more time and water(since i don't have to use the main washer for small loads) in the longer run

And plus the added wifi function means i can activate it remotely and have it finished just in time when i reach home and yes i know there is a delay end function on most washing machine but there is always the off chance that you may come back later then expected and that is where the wifi shine where you can set to start just when you are heading home.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if 8kg front load can wash King size comforter?

Most likely not. My old LG washer can wash the comforter, but unable to spin dry. Most of the time will need to take the comforter out, wring off the water to reduce weight before it will spin dry. I had to upgrade to a 10KG washer to clean it. King size, I think no chance, plus it will be too full to actually do a proper wash. Its just soaking up water in the washer.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am currently using LF FG1612H3W together with the mini washer for about 1 month plus now and i must say yes it is pretty expensive for 2300 i probably could get a dedicated washer plus dryer but the ability to split wash your load(i normally use the mini washer for white clothes and other small items) means i can save more time and water(since i don't have to use the main washer for small loads) in the longer run

And plus the added wifi function means i can activate it remotely and have it finished just in time when i reach home and yes i know there is a delay end function on most washing machine but there is always the off chance that you may come back later then expected and that is where the wifi shine where you can set to start just when you are heading home.

To remotely activate the cleaning also means there is a chance you will forget to do it and/or start it late. Its after all, a manual step that you need to do to start the washer.

Ekkiken

Reaction score
Telegram group for home products

Hey! We have a telegram group for home products discussion. It is a community of homeowners where you can seek tips and advice on what kind of products are best for your home. Search @sgRenoHomeProducts on telegram, hope this helps! :s13:

LocalGod

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Samsung washer belt seemed lose after 6-7 years of usage. Looking at new washer cum dyer. Any recommendation? Gain city recommend beko washer with air dry. I keen on LG but it’s touchscreen scare will die easily

tinydot

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

koifishclown

Reaction score
I have always stuck to LG. It's very reliable and had few breakdowns or issues over the years. I usually buy the latest i can afford.... I got my last one on discount from COURTS actually - they stock a good range of models and the staff were pretty okay

Leaper_SG

Reaction score
my mum is using that, the top tempered glass has shattered on its own! Need to order spare top from Japan, till now still waiting for it.

Thanks for your reply. I heard the rpm(rotation per minute) is low compared to other big brands like LG/Samsung. Is yours 24kg as well?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my mum is using that, the top tempered glass has shattered on its own! Need to order spare top from Japan, till now still waiting for it.

I think it is a design flaw to use tempered glass on a washing machine. Washing machines vibrate a lot, and that logically won't work with glass.

kenzie

Reaction score
I am looking at this 2 LG washer

FG1410S3W 10kg $1499
FG1450S3WN 10.5kg $1499

What is the difference between this 2 washer beside the 0.5kg?

Last edited:

deepblueKM

Reaction score
Have been using 8kg LG front load model for 11 years and started to have problem. (Loud noise while spinning)

Currently, looking at 2 LG models.

10.5kg touchscreen on cover
https://www.lg.com/sg/washing-machines/lg-FG1612S3W-twin-load?returnFlag=Y

9kg touch with dial
https://www.lg.com/sg/washing-machines/lg-TWC1409S2W-twin-load?returnFlag=Y

May I know anyone got any problem with the touchscreen on cover so far?

Price difference $1099 vs $1499. Wondering does it worth it with $400 for just 1.5kg?

Thanks!

sellun

Reaction score
Have been using 8kg LG front load model for 11 years and started to have problem. (Loud noise while spinning)

9kg touch with dial

Price difference $1099 vs $1499. Wondering does it worth it with $400 for just 1.5kg?

Thanks!

I am using TWC1409S2W, bought at $930 at harvey norman groupbuy for my BTO last year.
you're comparing 9KG & 12KG. so 3 kg difference?
The function looks similar, size is different in depth.

I'm assuming both doesn't include the mini washer below.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

9kg touch with dial

Thanks!

For front load, it is common that if the specs jump from the common 8/9KG to 10 or more KG load, the price will also jump quite significantly. Unlike a top load, it takes the motor significantly more power to spin with a heavier load.

As to whether it is worth paying the extra, it really depends on your washing needs. If you wash often and don't have big items to wash, then 9KG is usually enough. For me, I had to go for a 10KG washer because the queen size comforter is too heavy for my old 8KG washer (i.e. it can't spin dry without me taking it out to wring off some water).

petetherock

Reaction score
Look out for sales, that 9kg LG should be available for around $950.
Good enough for my blackout curtains.

deepblueKM

Reaction score
I am using TWC1409S2W, bought at $930 at harvey norman groupbuy for my BTO last year.
you're comparing 9KG & 12KG. so 3 kg difference?
The function looks similar, size is different in depth.

I'm assuming both doesn't include the mini washer below.

Thanks for reply. I am comparing 9kg vs 10.5kg. Other 9kg is an older design with touch and dial panel on the top, the 10.5kg is touchscreen on the machine cover.

Wondering how is the touchscreen reliability and any problem with the panel?

Slinky85

Reaction score
I am looking at this 2 LG washer

FG1410S3W 10kg $1499
FG1450S3WN 10.5kg $1499

What is the difference between this 2 washer beside the 0.5kg?

I'm currently using the FG1410S3W. So far so good, low noise and vibration.
It can easily fit in a duvet cover, king size sheets, pillow and bolster cases.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.