HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Water seepage wall - how to repair?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2020, 01:51 PM   #1

Water seepage wall - how to repair?

Any ideas how I can repair water seepage wall by myself? Water is from bathroom floor I didnít think seriously few months ago but I see wall and wood are damaged from water.

ksw101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
GBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

You need to stop the source of the leak first. Looks like you need to reapply the waterproofing for your bathroom too. This is even before you do any repair to your wall and wood.
GBC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #3

I worry when I see "myself"..
You'll need help from a pro contractor. Not something you can do on your own unless you know your stuff.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020...tup-22020.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2020, 08:39 PM   #4

Thanks. We use that bathroom to clean mop is smaller than other bathroom. After I check, water is from wet floor while cleaning mop and didnít dry wet area property. This happened repeatedly for last few months and there is no more water outside and remain same status in the pics since we clean wet area. Can I leave it with no repair if no more water?

You need to stop the source of the leak first. Looks like you need to reapply the waterproofing for your bathroom too. This is even before you do any repair to your wall and wood.
Old 27-07-2020, 10:33 PM   #5
GBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

If your bathroom waterproofing is intact, even if your floor is wet, water will not be seeping up to the wall.

Don't bother repairing the wall and the wood skirting unless you intend to keep the bathroom floor perpetually dry as this will be a recurring problem. Furthermore, since the waterproofing is worn out, it only a matter of time before your downstairs neighbour complain about water stains and leakage on their ceiling.
Old 28-07-2020, 07:43 AM   #6
Master Member

Can show pic of other side of wall and the toilet floor? The damage suggest there is water ponding somewhere and there is moisture slowly creeping up the wall.

Ponding could be result of poor tiling workmanship / design, but also suggest waterproofing is intact.
yoongf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #7

I checked the other side but looks fine or maybe I donít see the problem area...

Can show pic of other side of wall and the toilet floor? The damage suggest there is water ponding somewhere and there is moisture slowly creeping up the wall.

Ponding could be result of poor tiling workmanship / design, but also suggest waterproofing is intact.
Old 28-07-2020, 11:42 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any ideas how I can repair water seepage wall by myself? Water is from bathroom floor I didnít think seriously few months ago but I see wall and wood are damaged from water.

So bad. How old is the flat?
qhong61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #9

Itís 4 years. Can I book a technician myself or need to contact MCST first?

So bad. How old is the flat?
Old 28-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #10
GBC
Arch-Supremacy Member

Itís 4 years. Can I book a technician myself or need to contact MCST first?
MCST will only be involved if it's common area or your downstairs neighbour complaint about water seepage on their ceiling from your unit. Other than that, you need to settle things yourself.

I came across this product which looks promising but don't know whether they ship to Singapore or not.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...UMMYCSSB&psc=1
Old 28-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #11
Master Member

Usually a bathroom floor have a drop so that water collects like a pan and flows into the floortrap. Yours is almost flush with the outside floor. U hv a marble threshold to act as a kerb. This is very unusual as the waterproofing boundary will have no way to terminate properly. We dont know whether that wall is inside or outside the waterproofing zone.

One way is to do an epoxy coating on the entire toilet floor to recreate a drip pan like effect. Other than that is really all guesswork.
yoongf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2020, 02:36 PM   #12

The door frame shouldn't be sitting on your bathroom floor, water shouldn't be touching your door frame. There should at least be a minimum of 20mm drop between the bathroom and outside space. Is there a floor waste near the shower area? Doesn't really make sense for water to flow to that wall area... seems that part of the wall is not waterproof.
lingenieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.