HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

What's your most expensive aircon repair?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2020, 11:03 PM   #1

What's your most expensive aircon repair?

My aircon light is flashing and I have a bad feeling that it is something major. Have fixed an appointment and was wondering what would the aircon company quote me for repairs.

Appreciate it if you can share your experiences when you aircon broke down, what was the issue and the damage.
yildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 01:27 AM   #2

Flashing light simply means aircon got problem but actual problem will either be indicated by some LED error code on the controller board on the external compressor unit or some error code on the remote control depending on the aircon model.

Common problem is the aircon thermistor sensor going bad. The part is very cheap but labour to change it may cost 100-200+ depending on the honesty and experience of the technician.
Sneaky_ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 08:23 AM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Better try to find out the diagnostic table for your aircon model.

At least you know what to expect.
Old 19-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

My aircon light is flashing and I have a bad feeling that it is something major. Have fixed an appointment and was wondering what would the aircon company quote me for repairs.

Appreciate it if you can share your experiences when you aircon broke down, what was the issue and the damage.
Usually service charge is already $60 to $100 depending on which company. Hopefully is not those logic board issue.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.