HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Who should pay for rectification to carpentry works

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1
Who should pay for rectification to carpentry works

Hi all,

I engaged an ID to renovate my resale flat. I wanted a vanity top cabinet for the master toilet which was recently installed by the carpenter but I found that the cabinet was too large in depth. I feel that I may hit my head if I were to bend down to wash my face in the sink. I feel that itís a design flaw and a functional fault.

I told my ID about it and that I would like to reduce the depth from 22cm (current) to 12cm. He got back to me saying that I would have to pay the original cost AGAIN to replace the cabinet.

So just wondering if any of you experienced such issue before? Should I be the one paying or should it be the ID (since he should have designed it better) or both of us share the cost?

Thanks in advance!!
Redhoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
High Supremacy Member
a1v1n_'s Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 25,115
Did he provide you with the details of the top and did you agree to it?

Sent from me using GAGT
a1v1n_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On