HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread IV [consolidated]

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2018, 11:31 PM   #196
Master Member

Should i get the logitect z625 since it show have offer or which other speaker should i get? Currently using th old school evo 7 lol. Was thinking between klipsch promedia vs m50w vs logitech z625
Here's my story. Klipsch Pro Media went busted. Initially thought it's gone case liaoz, since it's already 6+ years old, so went to get a Z623. Later after some online research, identified the core problem, ie just the foam surrounds worn out and disintegrated.

Relatively easy to fix ( went to Tai Cheong in SLT, $30 and done in just under 1 hour ).

Klipsch is back alive, and at the same time, did a short comparison VS Z623.

For music, even for EDM, I prefer Klipsch. Bass is tighter and more accurate as compared to the muddier and boomier Z623. Of course, Z623 is good for those action games or movies to feel the table or room shake, but other than that, I prefer Klipsch, since I listen to music more than gaming or movies on my PC.

PS, already swapped back to Klipsch on my desktop PC and packed the brand new Z623 into the box lol

wwenze likes this.
FuNKySoULyBrO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 12:28 AM   #197
High Supremacy Member

Which one more accurate, use this file to judge:

Musical notes one by one from C4 to C0

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i6vpv1...%20to%20C0.wav

https://pages.mtu.edu/~suits/notefreqs.html

Created this file to judge bass response by hearing because room sucks for measurements.

Also, surprised you didn't mention anything about the treble.

Last edited by wwenze; 28-03-2018 at 12:34 AM..
wwenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 04:50 AM   #198
High Supremacy Member

Here's my story. Klipsch Pro Media went busted. Initially thought it's gone case liaoz, since it's already 6+ years old, so went to get a Z623. Later after some online research, identified the core problem, ie just the foam surrounds worn out and disintegrated.

Relatively easy to fix ( went to Tai Cheong in SLT, $30 and done in just under 1 hour ).

Klipsch is back alive, and at the same time, did a short comparison VS Z623.

For music, even for EDM, I prefer Klipsch. Bass is tighter and more accurate as compared to the muddier and boomier Z623. Of course, Z623 is good for those action games or movies to feel the table or room shake, but other than that, I prefer Klipsch, since I listen to music more than gaming or movies on my PC.

PS, already swapped back to Klipsch on my desktop PC and packed the brand new Z623 into the box lol

My Klipsch used to have such issue also that I sold it off and get others.
Old 28-03-2018, 07:27 AM   #199
High Supremacy Member

The foam for subwoofer is to do what ah? Must cover the area of the subwoofer? Or just the "legs"?

Currently I'm only using the default 4 rubber legs thingy that comes w my sub.

Any foam can right? Recently got some feedback from downstairs neighboUr say vibration or some noise.

Last edited by mypillowtalks; 28-03-2018 at 07:30 AM..
mypillowtalks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #200

The foam for subwoofer is to do what ah? Must cover the area of the subwoofer? Or just the "legs"?

Any foam can right? Recently got some feedback from downstairs neighboUr say vibration or some noise.
legs is key area

foam is normally used to absorb sound.

behind the speaker like where the bass port is put foam on the wall is also good.

Last edited by produde1999; 28-03-2018 at 09:16 AM..
produde1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 09:44 AM   #201
High Supremacy Member

我无语.......
Old 28-03-2018, 10:39 AM   #202

我无语.......
怎么了........?
Jamesky likes this.
Old 28-03-2018, 12:35 PM   #203

Maybe you can try cheap towel, carpet or bathmat first. Experiment lor. See how it affects the sound.
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #204
High Supremacy Member

legs is key area

foam is normally used to absorb sound.

behind the speaker like where the bass port is put foam on the wall is also good.
Oh foam is absorb sound ah.

My subs are front firing behind no port. If got port behind I will rely on the wall for the bass reflection.

My speakers are stacked ontop of the subs, and No ports behind the speakers too.

The legs of the sub already off the ground but area quite big.

Last edited by mypillowtalks; 28-03-2018 at 07:30 PM..
mypillowtalks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 03:35 PM   #205

Recommend me a speaker

Hi bros can intro me some powered speakers for my desktop, only requirement is that it need to connect to my turntable (RCA), PS4(optical), and PC (3.5 or RCA via converter).

Budget is $500, looking at it Edifier R2000DB could be a good choice? looking for alternative suggestion as well.
udonc1841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 05:43 PM   #206

Hi bros can intro me some powered speakers for my desktop, only requirement is that it need to connect to my turntable (RCA), PS4(optical), and PC (3.5 or RCA via converter).

Budget is $500, looking at it Edifier R2000DB could be a good choice? looking for alternative suggestion as well.
you're pretty much settled. otherwise swans m200mkiii+

i rmb z reviews has comparison with these 2
wwenze likes this.
Old 29-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #207
High Supremacy Member

Did Z Reviews review the two? I do remember M200MkIII vs S2000 Pro

Not sure if it is appropriate for me to respond, since I am reviewing R2000DB. But for $250-300 range, if you need the inputs, then you don't have much choice apart from that.

Problem with R2000DB is that the digital input is much better than the analog inputs, because internally the amplifier chip is a digital-input chip so by going digital you skip the entire DAC portion of the audio chain, while any analog-in is converted into digital first. And R2000DB has only 1 digital input. So unless you're the type that doesn't care about DACs and sound cards, you would be wanting your main audio source to be connected via optical in. But then your PS4 has only optical out...

I suggest getting optical-out from your computer (via motherboard or USB-SPDIF converter), while finding some way to get audio out from your PS4. Can be HDMI audio extractor, can be monitor/TV, can be HDMI capture card...

Or of course you can just turn a blind eye and just connect it however way you like... LSR305 is also having only analog-only inputs feeding an ADC... and so far I haven't seen anybody complaining about it sounding bad.

But enough about R2000DB... if you need more digital inputs, there is M200MKIII+, S2000 Pro, perhaps even M200MKII (WiFi) but I'm not going to recommend the last one out of spite because their choice of tweeter makes the product naming borderlining on bait-and-switch.

Last edited by wwenze; 29-03-2018 at 08:34 PM..
Old 30-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #208
High Supremacy Member

Can try getting those multi opt in-1 opt out adaptors. But not sure if sound quality will be affected or not..
shadow84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #209
High Supremacy Member

Can try getting those multi opt in-1 opt out adaptors. But not sure if sound quality will be affected or not..
Have you seen multi HDMI in 1 HDMI out adapters affect video quality? That one has way stricter signalling requirements.
Old 30-03-2018, 11:15 PM   #210
AZE
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did Z Reviews review the two? I do remember M200MkIII vs S2000 Pro

Not sure if it is appropriate for me to respond, since I am reviewing R2000DB. But for $250-300 range, if you need the inputs, then you don't have much choice apart from that.

Problem with R2000DB is that the digital input is much better than the analog inputs, because internally the amplifier chip is a digital-input chip so by going digital you skip the entire DAC portion of the audio chain, while any analog-in is converted into digital first. And R2000DB has only 1 digital input. So unless you're the type that doesn't care about DACs and sound cards, you would be wanting your main audio source to be connected via optical in. But then your PS4 has only optical out...

I suggest getting optical-out from your computer (via motherboard or USB-SPDIF converter), while finding some way to get audio out from your PS4. Can be HDMI audio extractor, can be monitor/TV, can be HDMI capture card...

Or of course you can just turn a blind eye and just connect it however way you like... LSR305 is also having only analog-only inputs feeding an ADC... and so far I haven't seen anybody complaining about it sounding bad.

But enough about R2000DB... if you need more digital inputs, there is M200MKIII+, S2000 Pro, perhaps even M200MKII (WiFi) but I'm not going to recommend the last one out of spite because their choice of tweeter makes the product naming borderlining on bait-and-switch.
R2000DB uses TAS5508(102db snr output to digital amp) digital processor, PCM9211(101db snr) ADC.

The analog and digital input appeared to be of negligible difference.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.