Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #1111
Arch-Supremacy Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^

wah sounds like a superb combo.

Audiolabs 8000A

how much sia, used?

also for the foam "stands" i use them too, mine a bit small, ordered some slightly bigger pcs, seems to be quite solid, might need to tilt them up and toed in.

i also ordered some foam for the walls. hahaha, side project for fun, but haven't come.

i'm already toying with the idea of a proper amp and a seperate DAC.
This one Uncle give de
zephyr11 likes this.
YouHeypiCanLiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #1112

Just sharing for those trying to match speakers and amps/receivers...personally think it might be very useful.
https://geoffthegreygeek.com/calcula...p-speaker-spl/
zephyr11 likes this.

Last edited by benedium; 13-02-2019 at 06:57 PM..
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #1113
Master Member

anyone knows where can try listen to the vanatoo t0s?
haze_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #1114

anyone knows where can try listen to the vanatoo t0s?
wow learning about so many good small desktop speakers! this seems to be well reviewed, there is also the iloud micro monitor too which should be available at swee lee.

the vanatoo seems to be only available from the US, going to be tough to ship it back to sg.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #1115
Master Member

wow learning about so many good small desktop speakers! this seems to be well reviewed, there is also the iloud micro monitor too which should be available at swee lee.

the vanatoo seems to be only available from the US, going to be tough to ship it back to sg.
yup, think iloud is currently out of stock here. You can get from amazon prime now if warranty is not an issue though.
Old 14-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #1116

yup, think iloud is currently out of stock here. You can get from amazon prime now if warranty is not an issue though.
Haha Amazon prime now is the bomb, free direct shipping to Sg.

Was initially planning to buy the JBL Control 2p from Amazon prime now for $287, now got choice of iloud for $353 too.

Too bad don't have Vanatoo though.

I'll pay a visit to Swee Lee, hopefully they have a demo unit that I can listen to.
haze_1986 likes this.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:07 PM   #1117
Master Member

vanatoo price like ex leh. iloud does look good
Spladox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #1118

vanatoo price like ex leh. iloud does look good
Vanatoo's high price seems to be justified by the sound you get from it, but the bigger problem for me is still the high shipping cost to bring it to Singapore. I would have gotten this if Amazon ships them to Singapore

iloud I'll try to test at Swee Lee but from what I read online, it's really really directional, so you need them to be pointed at your ears to sound good.
Old 15-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #1119
Master Member

Vanatoo's high price seems to be justified by the sound you get from it, but the bigger problem for me is still the high shipping cost to bring it to Singapore. I would have gotten this if Amazon ships them to Singapore

iloud I'll try to test at Swee Lee but from what I read online, it's really really directional, so you need them to be pointed at your ears to sound good.
How about presonus eris 4.5? if space is not an issue
Old 15-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #1120

How about presonus eris 4.5? if space is not an issue
Hmmm I doubt I can fit the 4.5... Most of the speakers I was checking out are already smaller than the Eris 3.5, though the 3.5 might barely fit.

Price looks good though, with easy availability in Sg, worth exploring.
Old 17-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #1121

Hi all, new to audio systems so thought would be good to get some ideas before rushing out to buy. Thinking about getting a pair of bookshelves and a receiver mainly for music listening, source is streaming from Spotify. Budget is around 700-800 for everything. Looking for something reliable and fuss free. Any recommendations? I noted a number of mentions for wharfdale and q acoustic speakers but what should I pair them with?
soaresb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2019, 12:09 AM   #1122
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have a set of Creative speakers (Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II) that died. I suspect that its power adapter may be at fault; it may be giving out enough wattage to light the LED but not enough for audio output since I can hear audio briefly whenever I plug the power plug out of the speakers.

Anyone here knows how to get 27V 1.7A adapter for it?

Thanks!
I just had a similar experience with my Mackie CR3's.
Old 18-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #1123

Hi all, new to audio systems so thought would be good to get some ideas before rushing out to buy. Thinking about getting a pair of bookshelves and a receiver mainly for music listening, source is streaming from Spotify. Budget is around 700-800 for everything. Looking for something reliable and fuss free. Any recommendations? I noted a number of mentions for wharfdale and q acoustic speakers but what should I pair them with?
At your budget, you may want to consider getting active speakers instead of passive, because if you get passive, you'll have to set aside some budget for the power amp too.
Old 19-02-2019, 12:03 AM   #1124

For purely music listening:

On budget - audio spending with some wisdom can go a long way.
The idea is prioritize:

Allocate more to Speakers, less to Amplifier. As you become a more discern listener you can consider change out to premium-grade amplifiers.

Speaker - most important - Go listen to them bef you decide.
Personal choice is Passive spkr - you will thk yourself down the road, as active speaker are known to have shorter lifespan & dont age well. Yep ~ Wharfdale Diamond is fine for music.

Amplifier - a simple reasonable stereo amplifer about 50w of clean power is more than enough in a home settings(such as Marantz/NaD). No receiver ~ as you dont need these extra belts & whistles, cost more as more function/components means less on quality more likely to fail.

As I listen to purely digital sources (DSD lossless), gotten chromecast audio optical out (usable for Spotify), to pair with decent quality-grade Class D which accept optical/usb inputs. No support for analog source, no adulteration from DAC. Doable for at $800.

Last edited by forests_gump; 19-02-2019 at 12:07 AM..
forests_gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 02:10 AM   #1125

Yeah chromecast audio can also do multiroom. I have two, one for bedroom one for living room. With google home app can set up speaker groups which can also be selected from Spotify app. Cheap thrill heheh.
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.