HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Aiwa MX-Z95M Audio output stuck at TAPE source

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #1

Question Aiwa MX-Z95M Audio output stuck at TAPE source

Hi! Guys,

I recently have a problem with my Vintage Aiwa Hi-Fi system, that consists several components, namely the amplifier with built-in graphic equalizer, CD player, cassette deck and tuner.

I recently noticed that the audio output from the amplifier (Aiwa MX-Z95M) only works when the input is switched to "TAPE" source input. Switching to other inputs (CD, Tuner, Video 1 In, Video 2 In...) resulted in no audio, even though the CD player or tuner is running. The graphic equalizer also didn't jump at all.

Strangely enough, I also noticed while cassette deck is still playing, changing the source input from TAPE to CD (or other inputs), the audio output continues from the TAPE source even though the amplifier already displays "CD" (or other selected input). At the moment of switching from TAPE to other source, there will be a split second mute from the speakers, but then will continue to output from TAPE source.

In other words, the amp can only output the audio from TAPE. If you switch to any other source input, then no audio output at all.

What could be the problem?
Is there a fix to it?
Kindly advise.
Thanks.

Last edited by khonghinglee; 04-03-2020 at 09:54 AM..
khonghinglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.