AsiaBox Full HD Media And Apps Player

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u mean the one at sls?

yea, that's right. i was doing my car solar film at his workshop, then noticed there was asiabox on display and started chatted with him. then found out he also has a store in sls (where you bought yours from).

so how's it so far? are you satisfied with the performance?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea, that's right. i was doing my car solar film at his workshop, then noticed there was asiabox on display and started chatted with him. then found out he also has a store in sls (where you bought yours from).

so how's it so far? are you satisfied with the performance?

so far so good except cant play rmvb lol...

Casper

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting one. I'm using Singnet 10mbps and would need to use wireless plugs or wireless wifi and my TV is far from my modem... anyone have experinces or problem with this setup?

Btw, any idea what is the price and the freebies given if we go to SLS now?? I read some of you give things like 2 pcs 3D glasses among others at the PC show. Thinking if i should wait for the next comex show or just get it now...

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting one. I'm using Singnet 10mbps and would need to use wireless plugs or wireless wifi and my TV is far from my modem... anyone have experinces or problem with this setup?

Btw, any idea what is the price and the freebies given if we go to SLS now?? I read some of you give things like 2 pcs 3D glasses among others at the PC show. Thinking if i should wait for the next comex show or just get it now...

me using singnet 15mpbs and my modem is in my rm while tv outside. if u go sls buy they will give u 1 usb wireless adaptor, 1 pair of 3d glasses and 1 hdmi cable. rem to update to the latest fw for yr asiabox.

Casper

Reaction score
me using singnet 15mpbs and my modem is in my rm while tv outside. if u go sls buy they will give u 1 usb wireless adaptor, 1 pair of 3d glasses and 1 hdmi cable. rem to update to the latest fw for yr asiabox.

Thaks for the speedy reply... Do u use their wireless adaptor or those home plugs? I think 10mbps should still be able to work then.. hopefully....

How much does it cost btw...?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thaks for the speedy reply... Do u use their wireless adaptor or those home plugs? I think 10mbps should still be able to work then.. hopefully....

How much does it cost btw...?

their wireless adaptor. $299

jcchia

Reaction score
Got my AsiaBox a mth ago, Then using SNBB 10mbps......
1) using the Supplied wireless adapter ..... after my shower still buffering.
2) use home plug ....... improved abt 25%
3) now using SNFibreOptic .......... Great !

Just some doubts:
The front usb port only for wireless adapter?
Plug in external HD, thumbdrive - cannot detect

Surf gougou to download.....promt no hd.
Understand from supplier, need to get them to install a hd.

any advice?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my AsiaBox a mth ago, Then using SNBB 10mbps......
1) using the Supplied wireless adapter ..... after my shower still buffering.
2) use home plug ....... improved abt 25%
3) now using SNFibreOptic .......... Great !

Just some doubts:
The front usb port only for wireless adapter?
Plug in external HD, thumbdrive - cannot detect

Surf gougou to download.....promt no hd.
Understand from supplier, need to get them to install a hd.

any advice?
u can plug the wireless adapter either in front or behind. i tried plugging in external hd can detect. been watching movies from there. u need to install a hd inorder to download from gougou. i self-install the hd myself.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can plug the wireless adapter either in front or behind. i tried plugging in external hd can detect. been watching movies from there. u need to install a hd inorder to download from gougou. i self-install the hd myself.

U open up the casing? Does it use 2.5 inch harddisk?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If an external HD works, better not open casing as it may void warranty......

the salesgirl herself said that i can install myself n not avoid warranty. but i took it out eventually as gougou seeds so limited and dl so slow. so i rather put movies in my ext hd and watch from there. u can also attach ext cd-rom to it.

jazlin

Reaction score
Anyone facing connection problem today on their AsiaBox? VOD and AsiaLive having problem in connecting. It shows no internet connection after searching. But at the same time, I can still go to other APPS like YouTube without any problem.

apollo2008

Reaction score
Anyone facing connection problem today on their AsiaBox? VOD and AsiaLive having problem in connecting. It shows no internet connection after searching. But at the same time, I can still go to other APPS like YouTube without any problem.

Ya, I also having the same problem ...

ah_low

Reaction score
Unable to coonect to internet

Same here, always shows "Unable to connect to the internet".Hope Amconics can do something about it..

Furthermore, the movies are not as updated as other VOD media player sold in Sim Lim.

Last edited:

Teaken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you guys using starhub, it is due to maintenance by starhub, I did encountered issues, after sunday, it is working fine.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.