Audio Engine speakers discussion thread [consolidated]

Pitimon

Reaction score
not sure if the sound will change if you just changed 1 tweeter...

i bet it will. :( but i ask the uncle if possible do the wiring only. If it is not, guess it gonna be $100 flying away..

mawfaw

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Can anyone pm the price of A5+ from CD acoustics? greatly appreciated

w3iw3n

Reaction score
Guys, i keep seeing people using the AE5+ as computer speaker. Would it be OK if i connect it to my TV for some occasionally BluRay movies?

Currently running Sony NX710 TV with a sound bar. For dialog and voice, the sound is very soft. But when it comes to music its damn loud. My guess is becos its missing a central speaker?

Will the AE5+ solve my problem?

sony-bravia-kdl-46nx710-46-inch-lcd-pclayer.jpg

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, i keep seeing people using the AE5+ as computer speaker. Would it be OK if i connect it to my TV for some occasionally BluRay movies?

Currently running Sony NX710 TV with a sound bar. For dialog and voice, the sound is very soft. But when it comes to music its damn loud. My guess is becos its missing a central speaker?

is your bluray... u can try to tweak audio settings... because is 5.1 channel track... and they merge to stereo.... and usually the sound effects are louder

unfinished07

Master Member
Reaction score
A5 for tv is ok. i was using it for my living room tv before i upgraded.
but if u watch blu-ray, bass may not be enough, and surround not there.
but the sound quality is good.

petetherock

Reaction score

Adding L & R speakers won't help dialogue. Get a proper system with a good centre.

w3iw3n

Reaction score
Guys, are there any suggestions for speakers something that is clean and yet solve my soft dialog problem? I dont need fantastic sound. Just wanna look clean.

Alot of mainstream 5.1 home theatre systems comes with a blu ray player which i already had (using a Sony 3D blu ray currently).

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read a few pages back but never find the info, so asking now.

How to solve the crackling sound problem for AE5? Mine is about 2 years old le, but recently intermittently got crackling sound. Searched online also cannot find the solution.

icy1118

Reaction score
[WTB] Audioengine A5

As per title, any one selling Audioengine A5?

Or please recommend me a shop for this product.

I am ok with it irregardless of new or old model, as long as it function perfectly and have little cosmetic damage.

Solution9

Reaction score
Audio Engine 5+ good?

Hi, i recently came across this brand Audio Engine and after I had read some reviews, it sounds rather promising. I'm currently using the Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 speakers , which apparently just died on me after usage for almost 3 years. Still can't figure out why it's spoiled (suddenly just hear distorted sound coming out, volume is VERY SOFT even though I max my volume).

I personally find the quality of the creative speakers still quite up to my standard cos I also using an additional Creative Titanium X-Fi soundcard. So my question is, is this Audio Engine 5+ suitable for use for my desktop? i.e. for movies and music and games. I'm very particular about quality, not too overboard, must be clear, sharp, reasonable bass. I've always been using 5.1 speakers all my life, how does a 2.1 differs from a 5.1 set up? Or any other suitable brand without going too deep into the pocket? looking at <$200. Thanks.

wai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read a few pages back but never find the info, so asking now.

How to solve the crackling sound problem for AE5? Mine is about 2 years old le, but recently intermittently got crackling sound. Searched online also cannot find the solution.

have u try turning the volume control or input jack?

mine got cracking sound when i touch those.

Any solution to repair?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.