Beware: Redbean Android Tv Box

Ndrew

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone bought the so call euro red bean box for $169? I went on last Sat, promoter happily said sold 700+ set. Really huat gao gao. Each set at least earn $100+ And they use free trial 2 days pass cloud tv premium to showcase?

Sent from Samsung SM-T815Y using GAGT

Iron_Maiden

Reaction score
I also had a very bad experience before. Thats why how good they show i wont go to buy any china andriod box anymore.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought this too at the PC show. Tried to watch Brazil vs Haiti this morning but after 5 mins, picture freezed and kept showing "loading". Gave up after 30 mins even after switching on/off etc (by the way I am on 1 gb fibre optic)
Even when the game was over, the channel was still "loading" whereas other channels ok.
Hope this will not be the case for EURO 2016.

Going thru IP network to watch these program is very risky. Some use VPN, some use crack account.
Guess the account been spotted and stop by network operator.

stevengohsp

Reaction score
Careful of red bean level 4 sim lim square

Bought a red bean tablet, salesman said 16GB. Then turn out to be abt 1.45GB internal storage only. The rest is phone storage not so able to store apps and contact. youtube.com/watch?v=uQnsxq3jFyM

hoarders

Reaction score
Red Bean does it again.

They were reselling their low-end TV Box, supposedly 8GB memory, for $99.
But when I checked, it was only 4GB.
They refunded me the money, instead of arguing, as it was in the middle of the PC Show.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They were reselling their low-end TV Box, supposedly 8GB memory, for $99.
But when I checked, it was only 4GB.
They refunded me the money, instead of arguing, as it was in the middle of the PC Show.

actually you can get better brand from qoo10 or lazada.

For example, sunvell or nexbox tvbox with S905 chip, 2GB/8GB at less than $50.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The shop sells thousands of different accessories and many other brands of TV boxes...
What you are ranting about ... Is to condemn a particular brand which is not fair to the brand distributor.

For awareness, you should name the shop for consumers to avoid if there is malpractice involved, not the brand of the TV box.

You should also be aware that there is lemon law to protect consumers... Why not you approach CASE?
If you had bought your stuff from Sim Lim Square, you can also approach the management to lodge a complaint against the shop.

There is so many loophole in your story already by protecting the shop but only condemning a particular brand.... YOU really sound like a competitor trying to put down some other people's product.... sound very questionable to me ....

I buy from Taobao got better service than what you write here.
Brick and Mortar business can eat grass. :vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin::vijayadmin:

bukitimah

Reaction score
Alamak, after reading 4 pages, getting even more confuse for me. just came back from sim lin sq, didnt dare to approach any seller since i know next to nothing about such device.

during the IT fair in suntec, it goes around $140. if you check carousel, there are $50 sets. someone told me, get 4k and big internal storage with 5G.

So, anyone here have purchased and would like to share what is the most basic buy. where to buy and how much?

thank you.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alamak, after reading 4 pages, getting even more confuse for me. just came back from sim lin sq, didnt dare to approach any seller since i know next to nothing about such device.

during the IT fair in suntec, it goes around $140. if you check carousel, there are $50 sets. someone told me, get 4k and big internal storage with 5G.

So, anyone here have purchased and would like to share what is the most basic buy. where to buy and how much?

thank you.

Sim lim sq is a bad place to buy tv box, carousel is another one.

Better to buy online from lazada, or qoo10 if you can find cheaper offer.

Normally $50-60 can get you a set with S905/S905x, 2GB RAM and 8GB/16GB flash memory.

I don't consider this spec as basic buy, but since it is cheap enough, no point saving $10-20 to get lower spec boxes.

bukitimah

Reaction score
Sim lim sq is a bad place to buy tv box, carousel is another one.

Better to buy online from lazada, or qoo10 if you can find cheaper offer.

Normally $50-60 can get you a set with S905/S905x, 2GB RAM and 8GB/16GB flash memory.

I don't consider this spec as basic buy, but since it is cheap enough, no point saving $10-20 to get lower spec boxes.

thank you for your advice. so any brand with the above specs will do?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thank you for your advice. so any brand with the above specs will do?

Yes, however, many cheaper boxes do not have brand at all.

It is better to get box with brand and support website, so if you need help in the future, you can go to the forum in the offical website to seek solutions.

These are the popular brands: beelink, nexbox, sunvell, tronsmart, xiaomi, minix, himedia, vensmile.

Aardwolk

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm know, I know, I'm quite late to the party but here's my story.
I just want to let people know that I and my family have fallen victim as well... apparently they use exactly the same tactics to the very first post. When we were just browsing one of the salesman even give a price discount to entice us to buy, promising us that we can watch Digital TV and it's exactly like the current Free-to-Air TV. At first they took a really long time to 'help us' to set up the TV box. The lady who help us to set up even tried to explain in detail exactly what which applet does, but it slipped my notice that it didn't have what they had promised us as we were in a rush to leave. The next day we went there to get it fixed and it didn't ring any alarms when I see really grainy, distorted and laggy frames on local channel as I assume that it was because of the internet connection because they're using their own WIFI which doesn't seem very stable.

To date we have gone back multiple times to "update" the box the last was only a few weeks and every time we were there, there's always at least 1 other customer who are there. I REPEAT returning customers not because they want to buy more, but because there's some issues with their purchases.

At the last visit which was only a few weeks ago, (because I had an issue with another purchase as well - description below) I overheard a Chinese speaking staff charging a fee to help other customer update their TV box. While he was fixing and apparently updating the firmware of the box, I keep questioning the issues with the box and also point out about the Live Local channel issues, his reply to this was so hilarious. He said that's the quality that the applet provide, and it can't be too clear as it's illegal. In the end I got angry and told him what's good of a item if it can't even perform the simplest of what its expected of it. He admitted to over promoting his wares indirectly of saying: quote 'You should expect the quality of the stuff with the price of what you paying 一分钱一分货 '

I had also bought a phone at the first trip which apparently wasn't exactly as per the info but it's an Export set from China. And Surprise, I couldn't connect to any cellular data after about a few months which means my SIM card wasn't registering a network even though it's perfectly fine. What was even maddening is that the staff there made sure I make the payment before taking out the phone set.

Please don't fall into this trap I assure you that I had spent close to $400 is now regretting the decision. But oh well, since the payment has been, I have no other people to blame expect to lament and sigh, and not looking closely at the info when my brother told me that his search came up with a bad review.

One last thing as well, it's no longer Red Bean but rather CH tech on their shop front, but Red beans logo and stickers could still be seen in the interior of the shop.

Koeyun

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm know, I know, I'm quite late to the party but here's my story.
I just want to let people know that I and my family have fallen victim as well... apparently they use exactly the same tactics to the very first post. When we were just browsing one of the salesman even give a price discount to entice us to buy, promising us that we can watch Digital TV and it's exactly like the current Free-to-Air TV. At first they took a really long time to 'help us' to set up the TV box. The lady who help us to set up even tried to explain in detail exactly what which applet does, but it slipped my notice that it didn't have what they had promised us as we were in a rush to leave. The next day we went there to get it fixed and it didn't ring any alarms when I see really grainy, distorted and laggy frames on local channel as I assume that it was because of the internet connection because they're using their own WIFI which doesn't seem very stable.

To date we have gone back multiple times to "update" the box the last was only a few weeks and every time we were there, there's always at least 1 other customer who are there. I REPEAT returning customers not because they want to buy more, but because there's some issues with their purchases.

At the last visit which was only a few weeks ago, (because I had an issue with another purchase as well - description below) I overheard a Chinese speaking staff charging a fee to help other customer update their TV box. While he was fixing and apparently updating the firmware of the box, I keep questioning the issues with the box and also point out about the Live Local channel issues, his reply to this was so hilarious. He said that's the quality that the applet provide, and it can't be too clear as it's illegal. In the end I got angry and told him what's good of a item if it can't even perform the simplest of what its expected of it. He admitted to over promoting his wares indirectly of saying: quote 'You should expect the quality of the stuff with the price of what you paying 一分钱一分货 '

I had also bought a phone at the first trip which apparently wasn't exactly as per the info but it's an Export set from China. And Surprise, I couldn't connect to any cellular data after about a few months which means my SIM card wasn't registering a network even though it's perfectly fine. What was even maddening is that the staff there made sure I make the payment before taking out the phone set.

Please don't fall into this trap I assure you that I had spent close to $400 is now regretting the decision. But oh well, since the payment has been, I have no other people to blame expect to lament and sigh, and not looking closely at the info when my brother told me that his search came up with a bad review.

One last thing as well, it's no longer Red Bean but rather CH tech on their shop front, but Red beans logo and stickers could still be seen in the interior of the shop.

I experienced the same problem as well here. Bought a china rom set mi phone and couldn’t make any outgoing calls. Sent it back for repair and visited multiple times to the shop and waited for 1 month. After finally got called saying the phone was fixed, tested out again and the problem still presists. The sale didn’t even know what’s the root cause and say need to send for repair again. The repair even scratched my phone and cracked the tip of the tempered glass screen protector! Demanded for a full refund but to no avail. After all, it was wasting my effort and time and money for such quality service and product.
Think twice before buying from Redbean simlim!

johnlch

Reaction score
It seem like their TV box is very powerful & offer 1 year warranty & 3 Years Program update.

http://www.ch2tech.com/page/6761/

Free upgrade? When you go back, they will charge you S$50. So much for free upgrade. Don't be con. They install KODI and add-ons that can be easily found online and free. You don't have to go back to them. Just buy and decent Android TV and install the software yourself.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought from CH2 before.

But I wonder why do people still patronize that shop. Stop of being sued for defamation. That shop really has no morals in conducting their business. But it seems that businessmen with no morals are the ones doing well

WWE_Fan

Reaction score
just spotted them at SITEX. latest box named I-flame selling at $99 (limited units)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.