Beware: Redbean Android Tv Box

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm know, I know, I'm quite late to the party but here's my story.
I just want to let people know that I and my family have fallen victim as well... apparently they use exactly the same tactics to the very first post. When we were just browsing one of the salesman even give a price discount to entice us to buy, promising us that we can watch Digital TV and it's exactly like the current Free-to-Air TV. At first they took a really long time to 'help us' to set up the TV box. The lady who help us to set up even tried to explain in detail exactly what which applet does, but it slipped my notice that it didn't have what they had promised us as we were in a rush to leave. The next day we went there to get it fixed and it didn't ring any alarms when I see really grainy, distorted and laggy frames on local channel as I assume that it was because of the internet connection because they're using their own WIFI which doesn't seem very stable.

To date we have gone back multiple times to "update" the box the last was only a few weeks and every time we were there, there's always at least 1 other customer who are there. I REPEAT returning customers not because they want to buy more, but because there's some issues with their purchases.

At the last visit which was only a few weeks ago, (because I had an issue with another purchase as well - description below) I overheard a Chinese speaking staff charging a fee to help other customer update their TV box. While he was fixing and apparently updating the firmware of the box, I keep questioning the issues with the box and also point out about the Live Local channel issues, his reply to this was so hilarious. He said that's the quality that the applet provide, and it can't be too clear as it's illegal. In the end I got angry and told him what's good of a item if it can't even perform the simplest of what its expected of it. He admitted to over promoting his wares indirectly of saying: quote 'You should expect the quality of the stuff with the price of what you paying 一分钱一分货 '

I had also bought a phone at the first trip which apparently wasn't exactly as per the info but it's an Export set from China. And Surprise, I couldn't connect to any cellular data after about a few months which means my SIM card wasn't registering a network even though it's perfectly fine. What was even maddening is that the staff there made sure I make the payment before taking out the phone set.

Please don't fall into this trap I assure you that I had spent close to $400 is now regretting the decision. But oh well, since the payment has been, I have no other people to blame expect to lament and sigh, and not looking closely at the info when my brother told me that his search came up with a bad review.

One last thing as well, it's no longer Red Bean but rather CH tech on their shop front, but Red beans logo and stickers could still be seen in the interior of the shop.

Here is Singapore and not cowboy town.
How can they do business until like that ?
Sim Lim Square is under which MP ?
Go and complain and make it big.
Remember the guy below and the boss of the shop fate ?

vietBeenCheat051114e.jpg

st_20151206_jasim06muvl_1893966.jpg

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...hew-sentenced-to-33-months-jail-fined-8253178

hmsweethm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If want to confront them, wear a mini video cam.
Record the whole incident, then put online and shame those bustards.
Can also report police first. Then when they arrive, step into the shop.
Or just gather your friends and go there.
Will be another Joven Chew.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.