Blu Ray Player discussion thread - things to consider when buying a new BR player

sanjaynblr

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a new compact blu ray home entertainment system (LG BH6330H) to replace my old DVD setup (Pioneer DTZ 1).

Problem is, I totally forgot to consider about region locks. So now it appears that my new LG player is not able to play some of my old Code1 DVDs.

Is there anyway to 'crack' these blu ray players to be region free? Thanks in advance

You can check this link LG HR698D region code It says this works for other LG players as well. Be carefull. Read both the posts carefully before attempting it.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
11781692_839540746141596_5615225673467714449_n.jpg

rza29

Master Member
Reaction score
any good blu ray players to match 4K tv?

current LG blu ray player which is 4 years old can play 3D content but no 4K upscaling functionality.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for BluRay player with analog audio outputs, any recommendations ? Do not wish to spend a fortune though...

Example:

Samsung-BD-F7500.jpg

petetherock

Reaction score
I thought I should highlight this.
Some of the lower end BR players no longer do internal decoding of DTS-MA. Some don't decode True-HD.

Does this affect you?

Well that depends. If you have an up to date amp, there is no issue if you are using the amp to do the decoding. Just send a bitsteam signal to your amp and you will still enjoy True-HD and DTS-MA.

The issue comes when you are trying to apply DSU to your DTS signals. Then you will need to send a LPCM signal to your amp for DSU to be applied. This is a flaw with the 2015 models, and does not affect the 2014 models. Well, at least until the DTS-X update comes into play. Then the two models which can be update (Denon 7200 + Marantz AV 8802) will also be affected.

Not sure what is DSU / Atmos / Dts-X ? Check your amp first, you may not be running this and you won't be affected at all and can continue to enjoy your 7.1 or 5.1 systems.

This only affects the new 3D sound formats.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SAMSUNG UBD-K8500 when available here?

Its available overseas leow. Any info and pricing of its availability here?

Znnnnn

Reaction score
I thought I should highlight this.
Some of the lower end BR players no longer do internal decoding of DTS-MA. Some don't decode True-HD.

Does this affect you?

Well that depends. If you have an up to date amp, there is no issue if you are using the amp to do the decoding. Just send a bitsteam signal to your amp and you will still enjoy True-HD and DTS-MA.

The issue comes when you are trying to apply DSU to your DTS signals. Then you will need to send a LPCM signal to your amp for DSU to be applied. This is a flaw with the 2015 models, and does not affect the 2014 models. Well, at least until the DTS-X update comes into play. Then the two models which can be update (Denon 7200 + Marantz AV 8802) will also be affected.

Not sure what is DSU / Atmos / Dts-X ? Check your amp first, you may not be running this and you won't be affected at all and can continue to enjoy your 7.1 or 5.1 systems.

This only affects the new 3D sound formats.

I see thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.