Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which bluray player?

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Which bluray player?

Hi,

need to get a new bluray player. which model for recommendation, for most compatibility?
I don't need 4K stuff. thanks.
warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:04 PM   #2

Hi,

need to get a new bluray player. which model for recommendation, for most compatibility?
I don't need 4K stuff. thanks.
Just get Sony will do, the father of Blu-ray
Viper0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

Blu ray player is dying now. Where can you find new blu ray discs selling here? With Netflix everything is about video streaming.

That's also the reason you'll never see the latest blu ray players with UHD capability here
maximme likes this.
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #4

Blu ray player is dying now. Where can you find new blu ray discs selling here? With Netflix everything is about video streaming.

That's also the reason you'll never see the latest blu ray players with UHD capability here
Please post at EDMW not here...
Joker
(you must be one of those go to Courts or Harvey Norman, stick your USB storage into the TVs and complain that the picture quality never look as good as the demos on the TVs )

Singaporeans are mostly tech idiots who spend all their money on food wastage, useless mobile apps & games and had their eyes glued onto their mobile phones & tablets, DISCONNECTED from the real world.

Once you go into Blu-ray, OLED TVs, DTS-MA or Dolby Atmos, or Dolby TrueHD lossless audio formats decoded through AVRs like Denon, Onkyo, or Yamaha fed through Blu-ray movies, YOU WILL NEVER LOOK BACK.
Of course you need decent home-theatre speakers too, be it 5.1, or 5.2, or 7.1 , 7.2, or even 9.2
I have 500+ Blu-ray movies in my collection and I do NOT buy Blu-ray movies here locally because Singaporeans are way BACKWARDS on audio/video technology.
And I'm not into 4k yet.
hkingx likes this.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:39 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

Please post at EDMW not here...
Joker
(you must be one of those go to Courts or Harvey Norman, stick your USB storage into the TVs and complain that the picture quality never look as good as the demos on the TVs )

Singaporeans are mostly tech idiots who spend all their money on food wastage, useless mobile apps & games and had their eyes glued onto their mobile phones & tablets, DISCONNECTED from the real world.

Once you go into Blu-ray, OLED TVs, DTS-MA or Dolby Atmos, or Dolby TrueHD lossless audio formats decoded through AVRs like Denon, Onkyo, or Yamaha fed through Blu-ray movies, YOU WILL NEVER LOOK BACK.
Of course you need decent home-theatre speakers too, be it 5.1, or 5.2, or 7.1 , 7.2, or even 9.2
I have 500+ Blu-ray movies in my collection and I do NOT buy Blu-ray movies here locally because Singaporeans are way BACKWARDS on audio/video technology.
And I'm not into 4k yet.
Of course there are ways to get blu ray discs like buying from overseas or burning them onto discs. But they costs more. And you can also buy the UHB blu ray players from overseas as well.

So, don't be a frog in the well
Apparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:36 AM   #6

Of course there are ways to get blu ray discs like buying from overseas or burning them onto discs. But they costs more. And you can also buy the UHB blu ray players from overseas as well.

So, don't be a frog in the well
TS don't need 4k player.
I'm NOT into 4k too.
You are just repeating what I've said PLUS why you keep mentioning UHD Blu-ray players ?
(and frog you did not specify "native" 4k or 4k "upscale" players)

SHOO ! Go EDMW and increase your post count.
And please do NOT bring what you've READ online, or reviews online, all these BUT your personal experiences on professional home theatre and audiophiles as this forum is not for you frog

Last edited by Viper0402; 10-07-2016 at 12:43 AM..
Old 10-07-2016, 02:12 AM   #7

Friends
Let's stick to the technical stuff.. Plenty of forums for other chit chat.
TS has no stated budget and no info on his system. A basic player can be had for under $200 but I am partial to better examples from Oppo. I use a couple of them for BR and CDs. Cheers
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

Bought a sony. Found it's a junk with my other region DVD.
Are all the bluray players still region locked?
Any others Lg or samsung region free?
I'm usually careful with this shet from sony, but this time was my oversight.

When I bought my last Panasonic DVD system, everything could play.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #9

if u want the best, get oppo.
xthene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:30 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

Last year I got my LG BP740 already modified with a special price.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:39 PM   #11
Master Member

I bought a LG bluray player from courts before, the sale guy use the remote control plus a cd disk to make my bluray player to watch all dvd region. In Singapore, all the sale guy who sell bluray players know it is worthless to have a player that cant play other region dvd
nomoney25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:26 AM   #12

LOL !
My Sony Blu-ray player plays only Blu-ray discs ...
while my Pioneer DV-410V ALL-region HDMI(1080p) DVD/VCD/divx player upscales & plays DVD discs, etc... perfectly...
warr likes this.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #13
High Supremacy Member

I bought a LG bluray player from courts before, the sale guy use the remote control plus a cd disk to make my bluray player to watch all dvd region. In Singapore, all the sale guy who sell bluray players know it is worthless to have a player that cant play other region dvd
good. firstly, i will fvk the gaincity salesguy and let him do it. if not, i'll return it. and use a LG up sony's @ss.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:49 AM   #14

how to know if the bluray player can play other region's CD?

i got mine as a free gift when i buy my TV, model should be LG BP450

Last edited by lunarsong; 02-08-2016 at 10:54 AM..
lunarsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #15
High Supremacy Member

how to know if the bluray player can play other region's CD?

i got mine as a free gift when i buy my TV, i've since played a DVD (produced locally) and the player can read it.

i have a number of DVDs from China, Us and Japan. when i put in my xmen, just to test, and got a shock. i haven't realized we are still in the much-controlled world. i almost forgot it with my previous hassle free panasonic HT system.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.