Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Help me pick an Android Tv Box

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SOS9112001
  • 1 Post By gregory_choo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2016, 06:19 AM   #1

Help me pick an Android Tv Box

Ive never used one so im a noob currently using starhub cable tv and tired of the high costs i hear you can get all the same channels some free some at low monthy fee but theres so many models an options ima bit confused don wan to waste money buying wrong set then later switching.

Is there anywhere i can see a list of each boxes free and paid channels that can help me decide.

My tv is old model LED so not looking for any 4K models basic HD enough.
DKai14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ive never used one so im a noob currently using starhub cable tv and tired of the high costs i hear you can get all the same channels some free some at low monthy fee but theres so many models an options ima bit confused don wan to waste money buying wrong set then later switching.

Is there anywhere i can see a list of each boxes free and paid channels that can help me decide.

This is a very hard one. Cable Tv is not the same as android box. I do not think it is right to say all cable Tv channels are available in android box. Even u may have some that look like same channel but actually it is not the same source. Please share what Starhub basic groups u have now. What channels are you watching most of the time? If mainly watching TVB drama then it is easy la. Just need a Tv with a Internet browser that can be used for video streaming and no android box needed.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #3

This is a very hard one. Cable Tv is not the same as android box. I do not think it is right to say all cable Tv channels are available in android box. Even u may have some that look like same channel but actually it is not the same source. Please share what Starhub basic groups u have now. What channels are you watching most of the time? If mainly watching TVB drama then it is easy la. Just need a Tv with a Internet browser that can be used for video streaming and no android box needed.
Sorry not sure what the groups but channels like star world, fx, axn, animal planet, discovery, kids channels like Cartoon Network, nickelodeon, boomerang, disney, movies hbo and star movies and all of starhubs tamil channels.

I understand its not going to be same as cable i get what i pay for as long as i can maybe get at least half of it free or pay under $10 monthly im ok

A short list of maybe the top models now i find so many don know which ones new which ones outdated i cant trust a shopkeep to be honest ofc they gonna say this latest model to push the sale i don wan to end up buying an outdate model that gets cut off after few months because i went cheapo
Old 12-04-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Sorry not sure what the groups but channels like star world, fx, axn, animal planet, discovery, kids channels like Cartoon Network, nickelodeon, boomerang, disney, movies hbo and star movies and all of starhubs tamil channels.

I understand its not going to be same as cable i get what i pay for as long as i can maybe get at least half of it free or pay under $10 monthly im ok

A short list of maybe the top models now i find so many don know which ones new which ones outdated i cant trust a shopkeep to be honest ofc they gonna say this latest model to push the sale i don wan to end up buying an outdate model that gets cut off after few months because i went cheapo
You have to know what channels is a must to have and I can only say, you will get more channels than what you are paying for on Starhub or MioTV.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #5

You have to know what channels is a must to have and I can only say, you will get more channels than what you are paying for on Starhub or MioTV.

I did mention a small list of the channels we watch at home and i already know pay tv is ofc the best choice only wanted to know about some of the latest models and some links for a noob to read up on and learn about these tv boxes ill just keep to google since no useful info here.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:43 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I did mention a small list of the channels we watch at home and i already know pay tv is ofc the best choice only wanted to know about some of the latest models and some links for a noob to read up on and learn about these tv boxes ill just keep to google since no useful info here.
I can't advise you on which box to buy, however if you are to know more about kodi, google tvaddons. And if you read chinese, google hdpfans for android tv box and applications. And if you want to setup your own media player, start installing and configure kodi in your PC, and move on to raspberry pi [for openelec/kodi].
DKai14 likes this.
SOS9112001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 06:21 AM   #7

I can't advise you on which box to buy, however if you are to know more about kodi, google tvaddons. And if you read chinese, google hdpfans for android tv box and applications. And if you want to setup your own media player, start installing and configure kodi in your PC, and move on to raspberry pi [for openelec/kodi].
Thank you thats the sort of info i was looking for have never heard of kodi until now I'll definitely look into it
Old 14-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #8
High Supremacy Member

From his message, I think he do not have any experience with TV box.

Even installation of Kodi will be a challenge for him if he do not study further from youtube.

Your recommendation on Rasberry Pi Box is reserved for advanced users who are tech savy and game for a challenge.
Medicated Oil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 09:16 PM   #9
Master Member

Buy a MXQ for $50 or minix X6 for $100. MXQ and X6 are similar except MXQ is from unknown manufacturer which may have reliability/support problems.

Install free IPTV apps. The free apps will cover 99% of your needs

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1...dc/TVbox9a.apk

and

http://bit.do/BBTV

And go to download other apps from here:

http://bit.do/tvboxsgapps

You will be able to watch millions of moves. dramas etc
AngelLover likes this.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.