Old 04-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #31

KEF Package: 5.1.2
Q750 (Front)
Q350 ( REAR Surround )
Q650C ( Center )
Kube 12B ( Sub woofer )
Q50A ( Atmos)

AVR : DENON 4500H

Share your views and like if you recommend . Suggest Satellite speaker for Front Height and Rear Height to make it 5.1.4 as I don't want to use UP firing speaker.
Well i think is a very nice setup, I also getting 2 x R8a around sept i don't see the reason to mount height channel as i will be using reflective on top of my floodstanders

Picture for your reference

Last edited by Amon86; 04-06-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Amon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #32

Well i think is a very nice setup, I also getting 2 x R8a around sept i don't see the reason to mount height channel as i will be using reflective on top of my floodstanders

Picture for your reference
Can you list the models you use ? Sub ? Rear? Avr?

I did not get your point on height speaker
cubacuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #33

Can you list the models you use ? Sub ? Rear? Avr?

I did not get your point on height speaker
I used KEF R series R700 front,R200C centre,R500 Rear and B&W CM8S2 back, Sub is R400B but upgrading to JL Audio F112v2 so will give my PMC twenty5 21 the R400B, AVR Marantz SR8012 pre-out L and R to Hegel H160....reflective i place my R8a on top of my floorstanders so it hit the ceiling then hit the listening area to create atmos effect.....next year i might change my front to focal kanta
Old 04-06-2019, 09:29 PM   #34

Q750 (Front)
Q350 ( REAR Surround )
Q650C ( Center )
Kube 12B ( Sub woofer )
Q50A ( Atmos)

Share your views and like if you recommend . Suggest Satellite speaker for Front Height and Rear Height to make it 5.1.4 as I don't want to use UP firing speaker.
Wow this looks like it will sound fantastic! Reviews for q750 and q350 are great!
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:45 PM   #35

FYI
There's absolutely no need to go with the same brand sub.. buy the best you can afford..

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:28 AM   #36

Q750 (Front)
Q350 ( REAR Surround )
Q650C ( Center )
Kube 12B ( Sub woofer )
Q50A ( Atmos)

As Pete has mentioned, I will not recommend the Kube 12B and would suggest you look for subs from other brands.

If you really want to achieve the complete 20-20,000Hz range of sound, then get a Subwoofer capable of reaching a minimum of 20Hz at ±3dB.

I highly recommend getting an SVS Subwoofer. It really shakes the air. Like you will feel the atmosphere. Like watching an intense ghost scene, you can feel that eery air. Not just hear. Similarly, explosions are ground shaking. It will really shake the ground.

Get either the SVS PC-2000 or SB-3000 or PB-4000. They are more than capable of reaching lows below such as 16Hz and goes as high as 250Hz. That in itself is amazing for a Subwoofer. That is why SVS is known for their subs.

You KEF Kube 12 Subwoofer is only capable of 22Hz and up to 140Hz at ±3dB.

So together with your other amazing speakers, you will be able to hear the full range of Lossless audio up to even 28,000Hz. So you won't have any missing audio throughout the movie listening experience.

That's my advice. I wen't with Elac Speakers because I had space constraints but they are amazing. They go as high as 35,000Hz.
You don't have to worry about Sound Signatures. As mic calibration software such as the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 in your Denon receiver will help flatten the audio response curve so you will hear the audio as close to the reference experience that the Director and Sound Engineer intended.

But if you want the best of the best receivers for Room Correction, it is actually Anthem receiver's Anthem Room Correction (ARC) software. Many people who have tried it says it's better than Audyssey. But there is a caveat. It lacks quite a few features such as Auro3D that some people like to use for their content consumption. But the components inside are really high end and top notch. But they are quite expensive. But if it is within your budget, then you might be able to consider it.

I bought my speakers from Amazon US and shipped them over. The price of shipping plus GST was still way cheaper than what the local stores offered. Though you'll risk your warranty if anything happens. Though this is rare since speakers are passive. There are no Amps and electrical components inside them that are usually what fails first. So the speakers will be able to last a very long time.

Hope my advice and tips help!
LiLAsN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #37

FYI
There's absolutely no need to go with the same brand sub.. buy the best you can afford..
Thanks Pete
Old 05-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #38

As Pete has mentioned, I will not recommend the Kube 12B and would suggest you look for subs from other brands.

If you really want to achieve the complete 20-20,000Hz range of sound, then get a Subwoofer capable of reaching a minimum of 20Hz at ±3dB.

I highly recommend getting an SVS Subwoofer. It really shakes the air. Like you will feel the atmosphere. Like watching an intense ghost scene, you can feel that eery air. Not just hear. Similarly, explosions are ground shaking. It will really shake the ground.

Get either the SVS PC-2000 or SB-3000 or PB-4000. They are more than capable of reaching lows below such as 16Hz and goes as high as 250Hz. That in itself is amazing for a Subwoofer. That is why SVS is known for their subs.

You KEF Kube 12 Subwoofer is only capable of 22Hz and up to 140Hz at ±3dB.

So together with your other amazing speakers, you will be able to hear the full range of Lossless audio up to even 28,000Hz. So you won't have any missing audio throughout the movie listening experience.

That's my advice. I wen't with Elac Speakers because I had space constraints but they are amazing. They go as high as 35,000Hz.
You don't have to worry about Sound Signatures. As mic calibration software such as the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 in your Denon receiver will help flatten the audio response curve so you will hear the audio as close to the reference experience that the Director and Sound Engineer intended.

But if you want the best of the best receivers for Room Correction, it is actually Anthem receiver's Anthem Room Correction (ARC) software. Many people who have tried it says it's better than Audyssey. But there is a caveat. It lacks quite a few features such as Auro3D that some people like to use for their content consumption. But the components inside are really high end and top notch. But they are quite expensive. But if it is within your budget, then you might be able to consider it.

I bought my speakers from Amazon US and shipped them over. The price of shipping plus GST was still way cheaper than what the local stores offered. Though you'll risk your warranty if anything happens. Though this is rare since speakers are passive. There are no Amps and electrical components inside them that are usually what fails first. So the speakers will be able to last a very long time.

Hope my advice and tips help!
Thanks for detailed comment, yes i had SVS PB or SB 1000 or 2000 in mind , my budget for sub is around $1000.

Which brand you recommend for Front , Rear, Surround height etc ... Klipsch, Wharfedale , KEF , Elac , Mission etc ???
Old 05-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #39

Ideas for Dolby Atmos , Auro 3D and DTS-X

Hi
Please share your ideas for Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 , Auro 3D 9.1 and DTS-X setup.

Front: FloorStanding
Rear: Surround or BookShelf
SUB:
Front Height: Surround or BookSelf or Satellite?
Rear Height: Surround or Bookself or Satellite?
AVR :

What is your suggestion for each speaker?

Last edited by cubacuba; 05-06-2019 at 01:41 PM..
Old 05-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #40

I think to match your huge floorstanding speakers u probably need 12 inch subwoofer, like sb2000. Not sure if ported (pb2000) or sealed (sb2000) is better. Any advice? May upgrade also in future.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #41

I think to match your huge floorstanding speakers u probably need 12 inch subwoofer, like sb2000. Not sure if ported (pb2000) or sealed (sb2000) is better. Any advice? May upgrade also in future.
From the reviews i read SB and PB delivers the same output , ofcourse PB performs better in edge but need extra space than SB.
My choice would be SB2000 considering the space, will do a trial again before i buy between SB2000 and PB2000 and chose.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #42

Oh cool. Do share after your audition
Old 05-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #43

If i got money the svs sb3000 looks super tempting cos of the app control feature
Old 05-06-2019, 04:12 PM   #44

If i got money the svs sb3000 looks super tempting cos of the app control feature
SVS SB3000 heard the back panel got noise humming problem anyways SVS can only go for SB16-Ultra other than that the lower model are so so....

Last edited by Amon86; 05-06-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Old 05-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #45

This is blending among sub and speakers.
EQ and room calibration plays a part as well.

Hard to comment on brand as I only play with Yamaha, Wharfdale and pioneer. Others not yet.
Yamaha and Pioneer : i did not get a chance to listen. May be i will give a try.

What is your opinion on Wharfedale Diamond 11.5? I will post the config i tested tomorrow
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.