HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Help needed on Dolby Atmos Speaker System

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2019, 09:10 PM   #91

You can go through many forums, and ask the same questions, but ultimately you need to be specific with your needs and also use your EARS...

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #92

You can go through many forums, and ask the same questions, but ultimately you need to be specific with your needs and also use your EARS...
I'm clear with my needs bro and i have tested few based on suggestions. Since its a huge investment to me , i want to make right choices not just by own ears and respect expert advise like you
cubacuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:02 AM   #93

I read most of posts ... you are really a master and good human to share your experience and knowledge... thanks
Old 12-06-2019, 12:16 AM   #94

What Atmos speakers you use? Cabasse? ORB?
Old 12-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #95

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...rs-2019-so-far

Old 12-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #96

So of all the brands u tried, which one u prefer and why? Think maybe the more experienced people here still need to know your sound preferences before they can comment further.

Last edited by benedium; 12-06-2019 at 01:56 PM..
benedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:25 PM   #97
High Supremacy Member

@cubacuba, if you find it struggling to find something suitable especially
trying to understand and digest all the technical stuff that most have shared.
I suggest you start off with Pioneer AVR with either Whardale Diamond
or Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker for a start.

https://audiohouse.com.sg/find.php?v...%5B%5D=PIONEER

Than add the Pioneer Atmos add on to complete the setup.
After you have played with such setup, understanding the aspect
of it than upgrade from there.

Suggest go for LX503 with Whardale Diamond 220, later when you
are more hungry than upgrade to either SVS or so.
I myself is using Pioneer AVR with Andrew Jones speaker, decent enough
for me.

Like others mention, no matter how good the speaker you managed to find.
Take note AVR during room calibration will flatten all the frequency according to room acoustics.

That means speaker like floorstanding speaker the bass will be cut/trim according to room acoustics.
For me I have different presents one with room calibration and another without any EQ for music.

I still feel you should start off with Pioneer, play around and learn from there than upgrade like what I have been doing for so long.
FYI for me, I start off with those small speaker than move onto floorstanding speaker.

The difference is very huge and home theater there is much to learn especially if you want the best sound and experience. I also played with entry AVR without room calibration than move onto AVR with room calibration.

Cheers.

Last edited by techidiot; 12-06-2019 at 02:29 PM..
techidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:26 PM   #98

From what i think beginner should setup a 2.1 or 5.1 or 7.1 first than a atmos system as contents for that is very little...seldom have films using that...is not a common format some like disney's marvel films atmos effect is very weak and at times is silent....only few movies i know will utilise the atmos effect like "The Great Wall" the arrows effects....Captain marvel the spaceship battle scenes....tomb raider the forest and the boat crashes scene where the waves smashing against the boat....only 2019 upcoming film might use that same as gaming console is a new thingy....playing audio is like playing lego...first you need to build a proper base firm and stable enough then you build those details....you can't jump those steps

Last edited by Amon86; 12-06-2019 at 03:31 PM..
Amon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #99

From what i think beginner should setup a 2.1 or 5.1 or 7.1 first than a atmos system as contents for that is very little...seldom have films using that...is not a common format some like disney's marvel films atmos effect is very weak and at times is silent....only few movies i know will utilise the atmos effect like "The Great Wall" the arrows effects....Captain marvel the spaceship battle scenes....tomb raider the forest and the boat crashes scene where the waves smashing against the boat....only 2019 upcoming film might use that same as gaming console is a new thingy....playing audio is like playing lego...first you need to build a proper base firm and stable enough then you build those details....you can't jump those steps
+1
BUT most buyers aren't hobbyists. They want a solution... an audio Panadol ... they don't enjoy the journey and want a solution..
Nothing wrong with that, to each his own. But very soon we will see a few things
- one doesn't stick to the budget
- one doesn't buy anything we suggest
- very little info is given
- very little time is spent doing auditions
- and there will still be requests for solutions

TS has gone over to XP to ask the same questions, and has yet to do auditions or provide meangingful info which allows others to help. Just asking for solutions.

I've provided enough info, all the best TS.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:57 PM   #100

Heheh. If i was in TS position I would also be having major headache wondering what to buy. Luckily I got very low budget and had to start with everything 2nd hand from carousell. Been learning lots from reading forums and mainly trial and error. Luckily I only spent under $700 in total. I think whatever TS gets at his budget, he will be very pleased with the purchase.

Pull the trigger already and start enjoying TS! Haha! Anyway, most probably in less than 5yrs, u will be tempted to upgrade heheh.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #101

To spend more conservatively I would buy new AVR and subwoofer. Speakers I would buy used. Once I experience first hand and learned more then see if I wanna upgrade speakers in future.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #102
High Supremacy Member

Same here I also brought a second 5.1 atmos setup which is not bad.
There is learning curve on to use it but for me my room acoustics
is a issue.

Since I got lots of stuff, furniture and etc.
Old 13-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #103

I'm clear with my needs bro and i have tested few based on suggestions. Since its a huge investment to me , i want to make right choices not just by own ears and respect expert advise like you
why dont you just start with choosing your front speakers then build from there? these are the most important and most expensive part of your HT
ridney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #104

So,
You've asked quite a few questions, started a few threads and also auditioned some speakers / setups. Gone from one forum to another too..

What have you decided on? Maybe you can share your observations in your threads so others can learn too.

Old 19-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #105
Master Member

just to throw in my two cents

room acoustics are important, no doubt BUT any installer worth his salt will be able to advise you on
- said room acoustics
- use the built in DSP on modern receivers to mitigate most acoustic challenges faced.

also shoutout to @petetherock has given tonnes of great advice and experiences that have come from his journey. kudos to him man.
petetherock likes this.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.