www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Home Theatre & Audiophiles (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-theatre-audiophiles-13/)
-   -   Help needed on Dolby Atmos Speaker System (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-theatre-audiophiles-13/help-needed-dolby-atmos-speaker-system-6054656.html)

cubacuba 31-05-2019 06:24 PM

Help needed on Dolby Atmos Speaker System
 
Hi All,

Please suggest me a Home Theatre Speaker System with AVR for 5.1.4 Setup

Front Floor Standing :
Rear Book Shelf or Surround Speaker :
Center
Sub
Atmos Satellite Speaker :
AV Receiver :


Regards

Cube

techidiot 31-05-2019 06:58 PM

Budget? There are many options but depend how deep your wallet is.

cubacuba 31-05-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techidiot (Post 121067265)
Budget? There are many options but depend how deep your wallet is.

Budget : SGD4500 to SGD6000 overall

reno77 31-05-2019 10:39 PM

Assuming you are going with reflecting atmos speakers..

Elac 5.1.2 speakers for $3300
https://s.lazada.sg/s.4pFl

Onkyo rz830 AVR for $1099
https://s.lazada.sg/s.4sb7


The rear atmos, I'm not too sure. Maybe you could get the same as the forward ones and place on top of the rear speakers, but need some height for them to bounce the sound.

techidiot 01-06-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubacuba (Post 121067833)
Budget : SGD4500 to SGD6000 overall

Recommend to go Adelphi to get quote.
With such high budget, can setup proper Atmos with installation
like in ceiling speakers and etc.

Denon AVR with ELAC speakers.
FYI ELAC speakers are designed by Andrew jones whom was
the engineer for Pioneer speakers.

However Pioneer andrew jones package are not sold separately
so ELAC is good brand to choose.

cubacuba 01-06-2019 01:43 PM

Considering the Following in particular order :

1) Wharfedale Diamond 11
2) JBL A-STAGE
3) ELAC DEBUT 2.0
4) KEF Q-Series
5) SVS Prime
6) DALI Oberon 7
7) Mission QX
8) Klipsch 5000

techidiot 01-06-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubacuba (Post 121077362)
Considering the Following in particular order :

1) Wharfedale Diamond 11
2) JBL A-STAGE
3) ELAC DEBUT 2.0
4) KEF Q-Series
5) SVS Prime
6) DALI Oberon 7
7) Mission QX
8) Klipsch 5000

Best to audition them, if you have a favorite blu ray movie you
can test at Adelphi.
Example Aquaman in my opinion is a good movie to test.
Chapter 2 the sub fight, see how each speaker handle the scene
well.

cubacuba 02-06-2019 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techidiot (Post 121084377)
Best to audition them, if you have a favorite blu ray movie you
can test at Adelphi.
Example Aquaman in my opinion is a good movie to test.
Chapter 2 the sub fight, see how each speaker handle the scene
well.

I did that bro , i'm still confused. Later i will share the config and quotation , so you all can advise

petetherock 02-06-2019 08:30 PM

I suggest you audition how the front three sound, and the sub.
The rest will fall into place.

benedium 03-06-2019 09:58 AM

Been thinking also... if it were me, I would want rich warm mids that transition seamlessly with subwoofer deep bass yet have clarity and sparkle. This may mean the speakers have to be big enough. You may wanna share your placement plan in your home as it might affect your choices cos read that some speakers need more breathing space. Any advice from experts on subwoofers? Is SVS subwoofer really better than the typical speaker brands. And how important is it? Hope experts can chime in.

benedium 03-06-2019 10:06 AM

And what u hear at shops will probably end up sounding very different in your home.

Amon86 03-06-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benedium (Post 121104581)
Been thinking also... if it were me, I would want rich warm mids that transition seamlessly with subwoofer deep bass yet have clarity and sparkle. This may mean the speakers have to be big enough. You may wanna share your placement plan in your home as it might affect your choices cos read that some speakers need more breathing space. Any advice from experts on subwoofers? Is SVS subwoofer really better than the typical speaker brands. And how important is it? Hope experts can chime in.

I dunno about SVS as is mainly used for home theatre based....as for more musical used mainly people used REL or JL Audio....I got myself a JL Audio Fathom recently will received it on upcoming weekend

techidiot 03-06-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benedium (Post 121104581)
Been thinking also... if it were me, I would want rich warm mids that transition seamlessly with subwoofer deep bass yet have clarity and sparkle. This may mean the speakers have to be big enough. You may wanna share your placement plan in your home as it might affect your choices cos read that some speakers need more breathing space. Any advice from experts on subwoofers? Is SVS subwoofer really better than the typical speaker brands. And how important is it? Hope experts can chime in.

This is blending among sub and speakers.
EQ and room calibration plays a part as well.

Hard to comment on brand as I only play with Yamaha, Wharfdale and pioneer. Others not yet.

5star_pundit 03-06-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubacuba (Post 121066814)
Hi All,

Please suggest me a Home Theatre Speaker System with AVR for 5.1.4 Setup

Front Floor Standing :
Rear Book Shelf or Surround Speaker :
Center
Sub
Atmos Satellite Speaker :
AV Receiver :


Regards

Cube

For music or movies ??

cubacuba 03-06-2019 02:25 PM

I watch at least 1 movie per day (Netflix) ,my wife listens to song (YouTube + Spotify) . So I would prefer 50:50.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.