HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

home karaoke

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2020, 11:02 PM   #256

I think that android boxes with karaoke apps are the best choices for nowadays, in my opinion.
any recommended apps? i see acryan moment they have 3 options: popsical, android box and the touch screen console.
ckone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 02:23 PM   #257

Hi! Anyone know how I could output sound for popsical remix?

I'm using aux and connecting it to my soundbar.
Whenever I change my soundbar to aux mode, my tv automatically switches to another input.
MZeee18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 02:32 AM   #258
Master Member

Hi! Anyone know how I could output sound for popsical remix?

I'm using aux and connecting it to my soundbar.
Whenever I change my soundbar to aux mode, my tv automatically switches to another input.
which is the another input? try to turn it off?
TonyStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:48 AM   #259
High Supremacy Member

Ok so I got myself a karaoke mixer with 2 mics input. I wanna connect them to my HTPC and AV receiver. Basically I wanna have YouTube as the source of the music and sound from the build in sound card from the HTPC. How should I connect them together?
Mic - mixer - HTPC line in, HTPC line out - AVR?
Or
Mic - mixer - HTPC line out, mixer output to AVR?
Alphas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:41 PM   #260

Is your HTPC able to function as a mixer? That is, combine the sound from your mic with the sound from Youtube? If it does, the mixer you are connecting between mic and HTPC is not serving any purpose, unless it is being used to enhance the mic’s vocals (reverb, EQ, compression).

If the HTPC is unable to mix the 2 sound sources, then your connections should be: mic and HTPC to mixer IN, then mixer out to AVR.

One piece of advice: it is preferable to get an active speaker for the vocals. Most HT speakers are not going to be able to handle the dynamics of vocals from mic. In such case, mic can be connected to active speaker and HTPC to AVR for the music.
Edhomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #261
High Supremacy Member

HTPC cannot function as mixer, can’t do reverb and echo and there is audio lag. I got the HTPC line out connected to the mixer Aux input and mic to the mixer. The AVR will be the amplifier while the HTPC play YouTube and karaoke work great.
Alphas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:35 AM   #262

I done some reading.. but not sure how to approach this.

Basically is it possible to do the following?

If I wish to have,

1) Popsical (normal)
2) Shure wireless mic
3) feed both popsical and mic audio into Sonos Beam soundbar

I think will need an amplifier as a medium for both popsical/mic audio right?

Or is it actually more sensible to just use

1) Popsical remix (with the default wireless Mics)
2) RCA to optical output to Sonos Beam soundbar
Hi there. I am thinking of getting the Popsical remix and using my Sonos Beam sound bar as well. May I know if you have done that and how was it?
Specialfeelings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:54 AM   #263

Hi experts.

Need some advice. How many watts koraoke speakers should I get for my livingroom that has and area size of 12 foot by 11 foot?
Specialfeelings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:17 AM   #264
Master Member

Anyone using Android TV box for Karaoke?

The problem seems to be with the microphone support. Different apps seem to support different microphones. USB microphone tends to lag as well. Some apps (eg: WeSing 全民K歌) support the mobile phone as a microphone input but again it seems to lag.

So in the end a mixer/sound system is still needed.

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-08-2020 at 09:24 AM..
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:55 AM   #265
Master Member

any recommended apps? i see acryan moment they have 3 options: popsical, android box and the touch screen console.
For Android TV boxes, you can use apps like WeSing (全民K歌), Angel Sing (天籁K歌), 唱吧, etc, for Chinese/Cantonese/Hokkien songs. Smule seems to be popular for English songs.

天籁K歌 Angel Sing
VIP for 12 months : RMB 198, or RMB 30 for a month.

全民K歌 WeSing
VIP for 12 months : RMB 240, or RMB 60 for 3 months, RMB 20 for 1 month.

唱吧
VIP for 12 month RMB 150, or RMB 20 per month. You need to pay for the mobile phone app VIP separately.

Last edited by xiaofan; 03-08-2020 at 09:21 PM..
Old 07-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #266
Master Member

QQ Music TV version can turn on/off 原唱, so it can be used as an Karaoke app as well if you have the right sound system (mixer, microphone, amplifier/speaker or soundbar).

VIP on the phone is usable on the TV as well. Now the price is RMB88 per year for 付费音乐包 (good enough) or RMB168 per year for 绿钻豪华版 VIP.

I paid RMB180 for two years of 绿钻豪华版 VIP last year with the buy one get one offer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.