HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

home karaoke

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2018, 01:10 AM   #31

Im having the same setup as you.
Android Box, YSP2700 soundbar and LG smart Tv, hdmi to RCA cables

My solution is to use UHF wireless mics with echo control on the mixer and RCA in and out ports.
The line out goes to RCA in (AUX 1) of YSP2700
As for the android box, i make use of the HDMI to RCA cables. The yellow cable goes to the tv, the Red and White goes to the the line in of the mixer.

The good thing is everything works out well. The bad thing is android box use analog sound.

Currently using android box with karaoke app, everything works perfectly except that mic no where to connect so can't sing.. android box mic in is not meant for singing, only for Skype, etc..

My android box is connected to my Yamaha ysp 2700 sound bar via hdmi, it does not have any mic in...

Any solution to connect a mic in this situation? I know I need some sort of a a mixer but not sure which type to buy...
Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:15 AM   #32

Im having the same setup as you.
Android Box, YSP2700 soundbar and LG smart Tv, hdmi to RCA cables

My solution is to use UHF wireless mics with echo control on the mixer and RCA in and out ports.
The line out goes to RCA in (AUX 1) of YSP2700
As for the android box, i make use of the HDMI to RCA cables. The yellow cable goes to the tv, the Red and White goes to the the line in of the mixer.

The good thing is everything works out well. The bad thing is android box use analog sound.
what program or equipment, you actually use for singing then?
kurtgoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:56 AM   #33

I'm using youtube as my search engine. Well its free. I just search for the song name without vocal or karaoke version. Most of the time youtube will have few version of it. Its easy and hassle free. Just choose the best version that suit you. As for equipment, i go for minimalist look. Sound bar with wireless mic and echo mixer. Not the best setup for karaoke system but i dont do karaoke much. My setup is more for movies and music. Its just a minor add on for me to do karaoke party at home.

what program or equipment, you actually use for singing then?
kurtgoh likes this.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #34

I got the popsical with the soundbar and 2 wireless mics for $399. Good for new bto or for a room. Can choose to pay $3.99 for 24 hrs pass or $9.99 per month. Have all the latest english songs with original mtv. Upon buying, got 1 month free trial upon signing up for the popsical account. Good product.
wc1985 likes this.
billiejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #35

I got the popsical with the soundbar and 2 wireless mics for $399. Good for new bto or for a room. Can choose to pay $3.99 for 24 hrs pass or $9.99 per month. Have all the latest english songs with original mtv. Upon buying, got 1 month free trial upon signing up for the popsical account. Good product.
Hi billiejoe, How is the sound and graphics quality for Popsical? Does how fast is the streaming? Do you encounter any problems with the streaming through? E.g. mid song hang etc.
Jerome987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:56 PM   #36

any update?

i'm still looking for a home karaoke setup,
i got the speakers, the mics but no systems nor the apps..

please help
we have a home karaoke setup. Consist of:-

a) speakers
b) wired mics
c) karaoke amp / mixer where you connect the mics to
d) source of songs - we use starhub karaoke channel. Not the most complete selection of songs but good enough for us

have been using it for past 6 to 8 years i think. No issues so far
kurtgoh likes this.
kokchoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #37

The graphics and sound will depend on the source of the songs. The latest ones will be in hd whereas old songs like the 80s or 90s will definitely be in sd. The streaming is very smooth with m1 broadband and starhub broadband. Never have any problem. The soundbar definitely very good to put in a room or a small bto hall.

Hi billiejoe, How is the sound and graphics quality for Popsical? Does how fast is the streaming? Do you encounter any problems with the streaming through? E.g. mid song hang etc.
Jerome987 likes this.
billiejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #38

I'm using youtube as my search engine. Well its free. I just search for the song name without vocal or karaoke version. Most of the time youtube will have few version of it. Its easy and hassle free. Just choose the best version that suit you. As for equipment, i go for minimalist look. Sound bar with wireless mic and echo mixer. Not the best setup for karaoke system but i dont do karaoke much. My setup is more for movies and music. Its just a minor add on for me to do karaoke party at home.
actually youtube is the best but not many songs are without vocal..

can't complain much as it's free after all..
Old 24-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #39
High Supremacy Member

Is the China users... Can even find full episodes of China drama on YouTube.

You want to try to find other songs... All you get are cover versions... Which suck yet still can get 4 million views... Hooray fake viewcounts.
wwenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 03:48 PM   #40

Well if you using android box, you can make use of those free karaoke apps in the play store. Its one alternative for chinese songs but they do have ads thou. The good thing is its free.

actually youtube is the best but not many songs are without vocal..

can't complain much as it's free after all..
Old 27-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #41

Well if you using android box, you can make use of those free karaoke apps in the play store. Its one alternative for chinese songs but they do have ads thou. The good thing is its free.
could you share the names of these apps?
Old 28-04-2018, 01:36 AM   #42

Just type karaoke in the google play store. Just try some of them. Maybe there will be 1 that suit your need. I'm satisfied with youtube

could you share the names of these apps?
Old 08-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #43

Anyone tried Popsical karaoke system? Any comments to share? Also, can sound bar be used for karaoke? According to sales person is cannot support the higher pitch sound.
Thanks!
BeiBei90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #44

Popsical is subscription based karaoke system. if you are going to use it often then it should be good.

There are soundbars with mic input that can be use for karaoke. But most soundbars dont have the mic input for karaoke. Depends on your setup and how you gg to use it.

Anyone tried Popsical karaoke system? Any comments to share? Also, can sound bar be used for karaoke? According to sales person is cannot support the higher pitch sound.
Thanks!
Old 17-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #45
Master Member

Thanks!
My wife's using it. Pretty decent and up-to-date library of songs in many languages with original MVs.

Speakers provided can be improved though as it sounds a bit flat compared to the 5.1 Home Theatre system in the same room. However, the speakers does provide settings for reverb and pitching, so the living room does resemble a KTV suite to some extent.

Hope this helps.
keewee0415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.