HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

home karaoke

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #91

Popsical

I bought the Popsical bundle a few days ago.

The Popsical TV puck is very good and set up is a breeze. Streaming is good and the ability to have multiple handphones linked to it makes it easy for a karaoke group.

However the Popsical Sound (which, I believe, is supplied by AC Ryan) is a mismatch and a letdown. The mics are terrible (I couldnt get both mics to work at the same time!), and the mixer is quite hopeless too. The box is boomy and the built in equaliser can't correct it. Its not worth $200 (bundle price). If only I can get a refund, or a swap for another Popsical TV puck!
jchoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #92

Popsical's customer/warranty service is terrible; my defective soundbar (new from the box) has been with them for 3 weeks and not a word on status!
Old 23-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #93

Need advise from expert,

Is it possible to just buy a karaoke system and a mic, and connect to my tv which output to my existing soundbar system?

Thanks!
harumatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #94

Popsical's customer/warranty service is terrible; my defective soundbar (new from the box) has been with them for 3 weeks and not a word on status!
Popsical warranty service is hopeless; my defective unit has been with them for more than a month, and not a word on repair status, despite many followups. Absolutely useless - considering it is a SG company!
Old 30-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #95

Need advise from expert,

Is it possible to just buy a karaoke system and a mic, and connect to my tv which output to my existing soundbar system?

Thanks!
Popsical is launching a new Popsical Remix system that is claimed to do exactly what you asked. It will connect to your TV and sound bar. Some information on this new system is on their website. Pre-orders are now taken for a mid-Mar delivery; price $499. It should work but whether the sound quality is of karaoke standard is still a big question mark!
Old 11-02-2019, 05:44 PM   #96

Popsical is launching a new Popsical Remix system that is claimed to do exactly what you asked. It will connect to your TV and sound bar. Some information on this new system is on their website. Pre-orders are now taken for a mid-Mar delivery; price $499. It should work but whether the sound quality is of karaoke standard is still a big question mark!
Can I check what is the key difference between the Popsical Remix and Popsical TV? And if I'm only using a HTPC and projector with a 5.1 channel sound system, no TV, can I still use either one of this?
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:00 AM   #97
Master Member

I saw teo heng selling karaoke system... Wonder if I buy from them they can give me advise how to run all the muted voice mtvs.... Is their karaoke system good?
Nemesismaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:48 AM   #98
High Supremacy Member

Key components of karaoke system (in my opinion)

1. Microphone(s)
2. Tone/Key control (the one that change pitch of song when a singer cannot hit the notes)
3. Effects (Eg. Reverb, Echo, etc)
4. Karaoke music (usually tgt w the video)
5. Device to control the levels and mix the signals from 1 to 4 together
6. Amplifier
7. Speakers (incl. Subwoofers)
8. Device that stores/plays/output songs n video
9. Visual Display Device (Tv/projector)

For home use or some professional setting, usually No. 5 and 6 are incorporated in the "Karaoke Mixing Amplifier".

This "Karaoke Mixing Amplifier" mixes the mic sound, tone, echo, music together and then amplify it. This amplified signal will be sent to the karaoke speakers.

Most"karaoke mixing amplifier" should include Mic(s) input, built in tone control, Echo knob, Mic volume knob, music volume knob.

Some "karaoke mixing amplifiers" will have more knobs to control the tones in the individual mic channels, or have "preout" for subs, or have feedback suppression built in, or fancier displays, etc

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Last edited by mypillowtalks; 12-02-2019 at 08:08 AM..
mypillowtalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:54 AM   #99

Can I check what is the key difference between the Popsical Remix and Popsical TV? And if I'm only using a HTPC and projector with a 5.1 channel sound system, no TV, can I still use either one of this?
Popsical TV stream the karaoke songs from the provider and then sends the video and audio to the TV and Popsical sound bar (which also comes with the wireless mics).

Popsical Remix still does the content streaming but now has the mixer functions (and also comes with 2 wireless mics). Essentially it has done away with the Popsical sound bar.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #100

Popsical TV stream the karaoke songs from the provider and then sends the video and audio to the TV and Popsical sound bar (which also comes with the wireless mics).

Popsical Remix still does the content streaming but now has the mixer functions (and also comes with 2 wireless mics). Essentially it has done away with the Popsical sound bar.
Ohhh now I understand. My confusion stems from the fact that the site removed the page for the popsical sound bar. So I was abit confused why the popsical is so much cheaper than the popsical remix.

I guess I'll pay a visit to the popsical store at Jcube to ask them about any further questions that I'll have. Will like to compare their product against teo heng's since they both seem to be in roughly the same price range of $500.
Old 19-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #101

A popsical TV ($250) and a karaoke mixer with 2 mics ($200) connected to my projector and sound system is all I need to have a home KTV system right?
Old 19-02-2019, 03:36 PM   #102

Its difficult to find a decent mixer with 2 wireless mics at $200
Old 19-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #103

Mixer can find, but it probably won't be decent lol.

do you have any particular recommendation? best kind is probably 2 wireless but expandable to 2 more wired those kind.
Old 19-02-2019, 04:19 PM   #104

Any recommendation if all in 2k with popsical?
runforyourlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2019, 10:32 PM   #105

Based on my brief experience with Popsical, I think its strength is the ability to stream tons of songs from their server; its also small, light and portable. The complete system eg Remix at $500 will only provide a basic setup - more like a beginners set. There are obvious limitations in their builtin mixer and the 2 wireless mics.

I'm but no means a karaoke equipment expert, but I would guess that for 2 to 2.5K, one could get a decent system from Teo Heng or other equipment suppliers.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.