HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

LG Smart TV: How to watch movies with external subtitle files ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #1

LG Smart TV: How to watch movies with external subtitle files ?

Hi, hope someone can help me on this.

I have been watching movies (in .MP4 formats via USB) on my LG Smart TV, via the in-built video player program. The problem is that I am not able to configure it to read the subtitle file (.srt) from the USB device.

So my other option is to try download 3rd party video players app like VLC Player via the Play Store application. Somehow after the download, I am not able to see the app and hence not able to launch it.

After some reading, I found out that LG runs on WebOS and not Android OS, and that is why I am not able to see the .APK that I downloaded.

Can anyone help how I can overcome this problem? I just want to watch movies with the subtitles from my external USB drive.

Thanks!
kelvin_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 04:13 PM   #2

Check tat the srt n video hav exact same file name. I can display srt wif my lg tv with built in video player.
moron+genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 05:31 PM   #3

Check tat the srt n video hav exact same file name. I can display srt wif my lg tv with built in video player.
It works.... Thank you very much, bro!
kelvin_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.