Miniso D-83B, clearest Bluetooth speakers below $30

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for cheap bluetooth speakers that performs well indoors, try the Miniso D-83B, selling for S$29 ($27 with $2 cashback if u scan and pay) at Miniso stores.

2159A23C57BD4F81117292

https://www.miniso-au.com/en-au/product/49440/wireless-portable-speaker-with-multi-function-model-d-83b-blue

There're some youtube videos of the speaker in action, and you can try it at the Miniso store. Just don't go to the Bukit Panjang Hillion branch, that unit's cracking.

Buy it if you want clear vocal singing & talking (good upper midrange I guess?) that comes close to speakers costing $200-300, like the Bose SoundLink mini (I have the mini ii), yet are too stingy to spend the money. :D To be honest, I prefer this to the Creative Roar stuff...

Not for bass heads, but for $50 and below, the alternatives I've tried in Challenger etc just cannot match the clarity. Some in this price range may have bass, but they also typically try to increase it, and/or combined with bad enclosure designs, just makes everything a muffled mess. The D-83B might not go low, but it's the only one I've found that will let Lady Gaga scream in your face believably.

Obviously at this pricepoint, things are not going to be perfect. Some caveats & compromises:

1. Chinese-accented English voice notifications,
2. Only 7 days 1-1 warranty,
3. Very loud indoors but not really enough for outdoors,
4. Doesn't auto off,
5. Some glitchiness (stop working, need to turn on again) when opening audio properties in Win10,
6. My Bluetooth game controller (Stratus XL) conflicts with the speakers, causes it to turn off. Not sure if it's specific to my controller, but as I usually use it with the line in, so no biggie,
7. Doesn't go low.

Battery seems ok for now, at least for my own 2 units (rigged as a stereo set up). A real diamond in the rough. Have fun! :D

Last edited:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
...Battery seems ok for now, at least for my own 2 units (rigged as a stereo set up). A real diamond in the rough. Have fun! :D
儲電量高。我已經用佐超過一年半,宜家就算充滿電,也只可用4個鈡。
睇個人使用方式,我以前係每日工作時間8個鈡音量開到最高,滿電可以用足兩日!

的確。。。開到最高音質唔會變差!

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it really so good

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in sound between d82 and d83?

weeza77

Reaction score
If you're looking for cheap bluetooth speakers that performs well indoors, try the Miniso D-83B, selling for S$29 ($27 with $2 cashback if u scan and pay) at Miniso stores.

2159A23C57BD4F81117292

https://www.miniso-au.com/en-au/product/49440/wireless-portable-speaker-with-multi-function-model-d-83b-blue

There're some youtube videos of the speaker in action, and you can try it at the Miniso store. Just don't go to the Bukit Panjang Hillion branch, that unit's cracking.

Buy it if you want clear vocal singing & talking (good upper midrange I guess?) that comes close to speakers costing $200-300, like the Bose SoundLink mini (I have the mini ii), yet are too stingy to spend the money. :D To be honest, I prefer this to the Creative Roar stuff...

Not for bass heads, but for $50 and below, the alternatives I've tried in Challenger etc just cannot match the clarity. Some in this price range may have bass, but they also typically try to increase it, and/or combined with bad enclosure designs, just makes everything a muffled mess. The D-83B might not go low, but it's the only one I've found that will let Lady Gaga scream in your face believably.

Obviously at this pricepoint, things are not going to be perfect. Some caveats & compromises:

1. Chinese-accented English voice notifications,
2. Only 7 days 1-1 warranty,
3. Very loud indoors but not really enough for outdoors,
4. Doesn't auto off,
5. Some glitchiness (stop working, need to turn on again) when opening audio properties in Win10,
6. My Bluetooth game controller (Stratus XL) conflicts with the speakers, causes it to turn off. Not sure if it's specific to my controller, but as I usually use it with the line in, so no biggie,
7. Doesn't go low.

Battery seems ok for now, at least for my own 2 units (rigged as a stereo set up). A real diamond in the rough. Have fun! :D

How did you rigged as stereo. Care to share?

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
What is the difference in sound between d82 and d83?

D-82B sounds very hollow if I didn't remember wrongly. Like how $20-30 speakers are supposed to sound. As to whether the D-83B is really so good, the beauty is you can go to miniso to try and make your own conclusions. :D

At the risk of sounding blasphemous, it approaches the clarity of my Dali speakers. But obviously without the lower mid-range and low end.

But again, remember we're talking about speakers below $30...

Last edited:

lxXXxl

Master Member
Reaction score
How did you rigged as stereo. Care to share?

Cabling Method 1 (easier to find)
1. From PC, stereo male to 2 RCA male cable to separate the left/right channels:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Cable/dp/B01D5H8KO2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532347008&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=1+rca+female+to+2+rca&psc=1
61IDd39TKkL._SL1192_.jpg

2. Then for each of the RCA male connector, 1 RCA female to 2 RCA male (total 2 adapters):
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-2-Male-1-Female-RCA-Y-Adapter/dp/B01D5H8SGC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532346803&sr=1-3&keywords=1+rca+female+to+2+rca
61pEJV678KL._SL1031_.jpg

3. Finally, 2 RCA female to 1 stereo male (total 2 adapters), to plug into each speaker:
https://www.amazon.com/Plated-Stereo-Splitter-Adapter-Converter/dp/B01BK0PVXY/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1532347287&sr=1-10&keywords=rca+to+stereo+adapter
41IhHyMZvkL.jpg

And you'll need 2 usb power adapters. Note: I tried powering both speakers from a single dual usb adapter, but there's noticeable humming (ground issue?).

Cabling Method 2
Also, I do agree the cabling is a bit troublesome, but that's mainly because it's hard to find a cable that's a stereo male into 2 x stereo male plugs that are split into proper left/right channels (different from typical stereo splitter cables) in neighborhood stores. If you are willing to spend more time searching and waiting (for shipping), you can try to look for something like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3m-Hi-OFC-Headphone-Cable-For-oppo-PM-1-PM-2-Senheiser-HD700-LN005075/32814755764.html
3m-Hi-OFC-Headphone-Cable-For-oppo-PM-1-PM-2-Sennheiser-HD700-LN005075.jpg_640x640.jpg

As I went with Method 1, I cannot confirm whether there'll be any issue with Method 2, even though theoretically it should be fine. Maybe some helpful soul can suggest where we can get this cable easily in Singapore...

Last edited:

Sausage

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have one of these I'd like to sell at 20 bucks, only used for 3 hours if anyone wants it..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.