Minix Neo X5

Blindaim

Master Member
Reaction score
Do u need pay for the cloudtv software by amcomics? Was quoted $49 on top of minix player. Thinking of getting 1 unit but not sure to get x5 or x7. Any advise?

The cloudvod is most probably based on Qvod and Qvod server is closing shop recently, therefore the search function sometimes work, sometimes don't. The show also stopped updating to latest.

Might want to hold on subscribing to it until they somehow transit to the successor of Qvod if there is one. Should be able to ask them for trial and then call them later to subscribe when fixed.

x5 should be enough if you only do video streaming using ethernet.

Get x7 if need to use wifi. The antenna should make a big difference. The faster processor and extra ram will also give smoother app experience. However, the processor a bit unstable will occasionally cause random reboot but not often enough to be annoying.

or you wait 2-3 months later and get x8. Its processor performance leave x7 ones in the dust. :s13:

Last edited:

lostboi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am using lan so x5 would be enough for me i guess....just want to know if the cloudtv software from amconics would be preloaded or not when the new set is purchased from them.

restore_xp

Reaction score
i am using lan so x5 would be enough for me i guess....just want to know if the cloudtv software from amconics would be preloaded or not when the new set is purchased from them.
R u refering to cloud vod or cloudtv. For cloud tv, u can search from the web. As for cloud vod, u may search using cloud iptv. Cloud vod and cloud tv are different app.

Blindaim

Master Member
Reaction score
Should be preloaded, if not, just ask the sales person to load it for you.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They wanna charge me for it I think it's cloudtv w local server

they are charging you for the subscription of the app, NOT FOR LOADING THE APP FOR YOU. Go check the amconics website and you can see that they are selling subscriptions for both cloudvod n cloudtv apps. As some1 mentioned earlier, you can download the cloudtv app n view the community supported channels for free, but you have to pay a sub to view the channels run on the dedicated servers.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone having problem with search function for iptv cloud? cant seems search anything this few days.

Blindaim

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone having problem with search function for iptv cloud? cant seems search anything this few days.

The iptv/cloud search and update function is probably based on Qvod server but the server have been shut down permanently now.

Amconics are now negotiating with other search platforms for streaming movies, we are working on this and expect to have a total solution in 21 days from now. Source facebook

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The iptv/cloud search and update function is probably based on Qvod server but the server have been shut down permanently now.

Amconics are now negotiating with other search platforms for streaming movies, we are working on this and expect to have a total solution in 21 days from now. Source facebook

ic.. no wonder.. the last update i went to search from fb was that they were updating the search function and was fixed in Apr so i though i am the only one still having problem in May. so i suppose their search function do have issue still. thanks man.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all!

I just bought the X5 mini a few days ago. So far I am enjoying it.

I saw from a youtube video that we can actually control the device with our Android smart phone and able to share videos and photos from our android phones as well.

Anyone able to provide the guide?

Blindaim

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all!

I just bought the X5 mini a few days ago. So far I am enjoying it.

I saw from a youtube video that we can actually control the device with our Android smart phone and able to share videos and photos from our android phones as well.

Anyone able to provide the guide?

rkremote

Apps - MINIX

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can share what's the diff between x7 and x8? Gonna buy from Qoo, lazy go down SLS.

Erm.. bros.. can find tvb stuff, taiwanese channel and nat gro/discovery on these? I don't watch tv... buying for my retired parents :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.