www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Home Theatre & Audiophiles (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-theatre-audiophiles-13/)
-   -   my av amp will automatically switch off by itself (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-theatre-audiophiles-13/my-av-amp-will-automatically-switch-off-itself-6120079.html)

pclum 26-09-2019 03:21 PM

my av amp will automatically switch off by itself

My av amp, Denon AVR1713, will automatically switch off when I use it. It only happen recently, I dismantle the casing but I cannot see anything wrong. If I take out the power plug and re-plug it into the power point, it will start again but will off by itself in may be five minite. not even in standby mode. Any suggestion ? Thank in advance.

Sauron 26-09-2019 10:29 PM

1. Thermal protection due to overheating
2. Component failure - I had a capacitor failure

benedium 27-09-2019 12:03 AM

This initially happened to me when I first bought a used avr on carousell. But after checking instruction manual online I found power saving feature with timer which I then turned off. U may wanna check other stuff too. Also I changed to using premium certified hdmi cable from Elecom. Now my avr works perfectly all day.

pclum 27-09-2019 08:55 AM

Thks a lot guys, will check accordingly if it can be resolved.

shin7829 09-10-2019 10:07 AM

such phenomenon usually overheating

pclum 09-10-2019 11:10 AM

Thks for the reply. Actually I did not do anything yet, but I think turn off the overheat protecting setting may cause a problem as it will burn the amp. I also read from internet that it may cause by the short circuit by the speaker but have not try yet.

benedium 17-10-2019 02:48 PM

Now it's happening to me. It's contagious! Haha. My 2nd hand yamaha HTR3064 / rx v371 been turning off on its own in the past two days also. Time to buy new av receiver I think.

pclum 17-10-2019 03:57 PM

Actually after searching internet, it said there is somewhere short circuit or the amp getting hot, I remove my speaker cable n test, it still switch off for 2.5 min of usage, I remove the HDMI cable to the TV also same. I have not carry on to try other method. My amp is quite new and is a waste to dispose it because of that.

benedium 17-10-2019 04:23 PM

Salesman told me it may be HDMI that causes these heat/circuit protection problems as older pre-hdmi era receivers seemed to be problem-free for more years. He said now with HDMI, 5yrs usage is already very good.

benedium 17-10-2019 04:35 PM

Anyway bought the new Onkyo TX-SR393 5.2ch av receiver from Alpha Audio at $425. Same price on Lazada. Hope it lasts long long heheh.

LiLAsN 18-10-2019 12:44 AM

Experienced something similar for the first time ever when I finally got the time to fit all my cables with the banana plugs. Out of nowhere, the receiver just turned itself off with the power light blinking. After turning it back on, there were no error messages until I clicked on Settings on the remote.

Then it showed the reason why the receiver went into safety protection by turning itself off.
Turned out, as expected, it was because half of the banana plug installations, I had forgotten how I did it the last time and thus, it wasn't as well done until about the other half of the installation where I remembered and did it correctly. Since I didn't have the time, I thought of fixing the older half the next time. Next time came, forgotten about it but half way through watching a movie, poof! It happened. Had no choice but to fix it there and then.

Similarly, yes, if you accidentally pulled the HDMI out while something is being displayed on it, it too will trigger a loud bang to your speakers and your receiver again, going into its safe mode by turning itself off and with the power light blinking.

Best is to get better cables such as flexible braided ones instead of thick rubberized HDMI cables. Or change the HDMI ports if you feel like the current port feels too loose.

Just a word of advice from an experience I faced.

pclum 18-10-2019 08:44 AM

Million thks for the advice, will try it out if time permitted.

LiLAsN 18-10-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benedium (Post 123271666)
Anyway bought the new Onkyo TX-SR393 5.2ch av receiver from Alpha Audio at $425. Same price on Lazada. Hope it lasts long long heheh.

Careful. That shop tried to commit fraud recently. And if you have any problems, good luck. They'll avoid replying to you as much as possible to the point where your return windows closes.

benedium 18-10-2019 02:04 PM

Wah ok noted. Thanks.

benedium 18-10-2019 02:53 PM

I understand even crooks have their reasons. That's why I want all the uncool businessmen and sales people out there to know... there are no bad people, only stupid people behaving desperately ;)