HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nvidia Shield TV

Like Tree126Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #196

I updated to 2.0 and I can't view my contents anymore as my TV is not HDCP2.2 or 4K-enabled, even though all my HDMI port in my AV receiver is HDCP 2.2 compliant. Only option now is to connect directly to TV but will not get to enjoy my home theater setup, which is sad.

Anyone know how to uninstall or downgrade my 2.0 update back to it previous version of 1.4?
Sorry to hear that. Nvidia really needs to test their updates properly. V1.4 and V2.0 has been less than ideal. I thought that after v1.4's bricking Pro SATV incident, they would be more cautious.

Everytime an update is released, I'm always very tempted to update, but I keep reminding myself of my PC's bios update that killed my pc. Then I tell myself "if it isn't broken, don't fix it". I'm happy with v1.3 so far.
Deimos likes this.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #197

Thanks. Is there anyway to uninstall or downgrade my 2.0 update back to it previous version of 1.4?
https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...fset=7#4664313
Old 08-10-2015, 03:39 AM   #198
Master Member

according to nvidia ... they will have a fix in 10 days.

LOL
Old 12-10-2015, 04:51 PM   #199

Thanks radioshack!
Unotelly works well (in comparison to PureVPN's Smart DNS offering)

When using Smart DNS services, Stream Games (GRID) will assign US servers instead of East Asia (Japan). It's a very minor issue for me as I do not really intend to utilize the GRID.
Hi, you mentioned that you used unotelly to get Hulu to work on the Shield TV. Is it working for Hulu apk for Android TV (latest V1.2.0) or the normal version (non android tv)?
Old 13-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #200

Hi all shield tv owners,
I am planning to get one for Geforce Now. But I have tested my network,
both starhub cable and singtel fiber have a red flag at Latency,
both are at the range of 80-100ms, I'd want to know will that affect game play a lot.
Or will it be better if I switch to Republic Gaming plan? Thanks a lot
Old 13-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #201

Hi, you mentioned that you used unotelly to get Hulu to work on the Shield TV. Is it working for Hulu apk for Android TV (latest V1.2.0) or the normal version (non android tv)?
Hi seals,

I uninstalled both versions of Hulu from my SATV as I do not have a premium account and that's about 2 months back.

From what I can vaguely remember, the sideloaded normal version works (without a paid subscription), but the resolution is poor.

The Android TV version I managed to load the interface, but I'd already cancelled my Hulu Plus trial by then to test the playback. If time permits and there's a way for me to signup a different trial, I will test it out again and let you know.
Old 13-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #202

Hi all shield tv owners,
I am planning to get one for Geforce Now. But I have tested my network,
both starhub cable and singtel fiber have a red flag at Latency,
both are at the range of 80-100ms, I'd want to know will that affect game play a lot.
Or will it be better if I switch to Republic Gaming plan? Thanks a lot
I do not think switching ISP will help as the East Asian servers are in Japan(?) and the ping times of 80-100ms are probably typical.
Old 13-10-2015, 06:20 PM   #203

I do not think switching ISP will help as the East Asian servers are in Japan(?) and the ping times of 80-100ms are probably typical.
Can play start if the ping test fails? Have not tried starting the trial yet but previously during free play it works.

Old 14-10-2015, 12:48 AM   #204
Master Member

SATV firmware 2.1 now avaliable

camping for users feedback before jumping in

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...sed-10-13-15-/
Old 14-10-2015, 04:32 PM   #205

Have any of you updated to the latest version?

I think some of the apps are Geo locked. i am using a US new playstore login but still i dont see apps such as Pandora or the new updates from Showtime and Disney.

havent seen Hulu from day one as well.
Old 14-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #206
Master Member

downloading 2.1 ... wish me luck
Old 14-10-2015, 10:49 PM   #207

Don't worry. Installed properly on mine. 16gb

Deimos likes this.
Old 15-10-2015, 12:02 AM   #208
Master Member

so far so good. first thing I noticed is the stutter in netflix is fixed
the rest have to wait till later then ownself check ownself
Old 16-10-2015, 09:24 AM   #209

Hi seals,

I uninstalled both versions of Hulu from my SATV as I do not have a premium account and that's about 2 months back.

From what I can vaguely remember, the sideloaded normal version works (without a paid subscription), but the resolution is poor.

The Android TV version I managed to load the interface, but I'd already cancelled my Hulu Plus trial by then to test the playback. If time permits and there's a way for me to signup a different trial, I will test it out again and let you know.
Thanks for the reply Alvin.

My shield tv finally arrived. I am on myrepublic. Netflix works but Hulu throws me a geo location error.

Weirdly, the same thing happened on my ROKU when I am using Myrepublic DNS. It only worked when I changed the DNS to unotelly. Have yet to test the shield on unotelly as account has expired. Will try tonight.

By the way, anyone installed services like cloudtv, IPTV, etc on the shield tv?
Old 16-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #210

I have gotten a lemon set from Amazon and got to return it.

The set will keep rebooting randomly. Both my remote and controller cannot connect to it.

Anyway my replacement will come on Monday.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.