HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nvidia Shield TV

Like Tree126Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #391

just realised that there is no browser inside... means I can't stream my anime there zz
Old 10-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #392

just realised that there is no browser inside... means I can't stream my anime there zz
I dun watch Anime myself. But I know there is the Crunchyroll app where you can watch Anime.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #393

audio stuttering on Nvidia Shield TV

just got my nvidia shield TV delivered. After the software update, I find that audio is stuttering, it goes quiet for 1/2 second, then sound is normal for 4 secs then 1/2 second of quiet and goes on like this. This is from streaming Youtube videos and occurs in free games from Google Playstore.
did I just receive a defective Nvidia shield TV?
Old 10-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #394

just got my nvidia shield TV delivered. After the software update, I find that audio is stuttering, it goes quiet for 1/2 second, then sound is normal for 4 secs then 1/2 second of quiet and goes on like this. This is from streaming Youtube videos and occurs in free games from Google Playstore.
did I just receive a defective Nvidia shield TV?
Could be streaming issues? Plug in a USB storage device with some videos and try playing it. If the audio is ok then maybe the streaming app might be the cause.

The other thing you could try is to do a factory reset.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:03 PM   #395

Hi guys i may get this box over the new Minix Neo U1 which does 4K @ 60fps, but can you confirm this is an open android platform and i can load ANY apks onto it especially ShowBox, Chrome etc?

And i am using a LG EG920T Oled 4k, will i be able to stream netflix 4K from the box on it?

The alteranative is to rip 4k movies via torrent and plug this into the box via USB.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:23 PM   #396
Master Member

The Vol Up button and Home button on my game controller seems to be very unresponsive. Anybody else face the same issue?
Old 10-12-2015, 02:01 PM   #397

Could be streaming issues? Plug in a USB storage device with some videos and try playing it. If the audio is ok then maybe the streaming app might be the cause.

The other thing you could try is to do a factory reset.
streaming app is Youtube. so should not be a problem as this is bundled with the Shield TV and there has been no reports that the Youtube app on Shield TV is giving problems
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #398

Hi guys i may get this box over the new Minix Neo U1 which does 4K @ 60fps, but can you confirm this is an open android platform and i can load ANY apks onto it especially ShowBox, Chrome etc?

And i am using a LG EG920T Oled 4k, will i be able to stream netflix 4K from the box on it?

The alteranative is to rip 4k movies via torrent and plug this into the box via USB.
I don't think can advise for this Box. However as for Android TV OS, not all apps for Android can be used for Android TV although most can be side loaded. That being said alot of apps are being developed for Android TV now compared to when it first launched.

The Vol Up button and Home button on my game controller seems to be very unresponsive. Anybody else face the same issue?
I have the same problem with the Vol Up and Vol Down buttons, not very responsive must press a bit harder. The home button on the other hand is actually a capacitive button.

streaming app is Youtube. so should not be a problem as this is bundled with the Shield TV and there has been no reports that the Youtube app on Shield TV is giving problems
I used to have audio stuttering on the Youtube app and Hulu Plus app. I did a factory reset and the problem was resolved.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:58 PM   #399

Thanks jayz_sg u r right. The youtube reviews on the Nvidia Shield refer to side loading the APKs.

I also see some comments on users on the net who tried to directly install the APKs and even when these are on a HDD via USB the Nvidia does not pick up the file

I think I may consider the Roku 4 or Minix Neo U1 instead as these are bona fide open platform android boxes with no proprietary restrictions on Apk installations.

tks heaps

I don't think can advise for this Box. However as for Android TV OS, not all apps for Android can be used for Android TV although most can be side loaded. That being said alot of apps are being developed for Android TV now compared to when it first launched.

I have the same problem with the Vol Up and Vol Down buttons, not very responsive must press a bit harder. The home button on the other hand is actually a capacitive button.

I used to have audio stuttering on the Youtube app and Hulu Plus app. I did a factory reset and the problem was resolved.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #400

In case you guys not aware, the shield game controller can be used as a game controller on your PC if you have a Nvidia graphics card. It is however only via wired connection. But works great, similar to an an xbox one controller.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:14 AM   #401

I dun watch Anime myself. But I know there is the Crunchyroll app where you can watch Anime.

damnnnnnnn no crunchyroll app in app store as well!
Old 12-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #402

damnnnnnnn no crunchyroll app in app store as well!
You can install Crunchyroll by going to the play store in the browser, play.google.com and searching for crunchyroll then in the device drop down choose Shield TV, the app will auto download in the Shield TV.

However this is not Android TV app so the UI kinda sucks and the App does not appear in the leanback launcher, you either can go to settings > Apps to open it or use a sideload launcher that will show this App.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:25 PM   #403

hi.. juz curious.. where can i get any cheap nvidia tv box in the market except from the direct store? thanks
Old 12-12-2015, 11:16 PM   #404

kodi support for DVD VOB file

finally got my nvidia shield to work. audio stuttering problem was due to a faulty HDMI cable. changed cable and everything fine now.
does KODI support DVD VOB file with full menu ? I'm seeing the menu, but can't see where the cursor is.
does KODI uprez DVD rez to full HD rez?

Minix has a number of apps to view Chinese movies. can I download the Minix apps to the NVidia shield ?
Old 13-12-2015, 10:14 PM   #405

hi.. juz curious.. where can i get any cheap nvidia tv box in the market except from the direct store? thanks
Amazon? Its not sold officially in Singapore
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.