HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nvidia Shield TV

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just received the unit.impress by the grid gaming which can play without any lag n the chrome cast which is smooth n almost lag free..still playing with this toy..may get the 500g version for my bedroom
Just hooted the shield tv 16gb version. Can access grid from Singapore?
porcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #32
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just hooted the shield tv 16gb version. Can access grid from Singapore?
Yes...its working well too
radioshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow. Can't wait to try later. Will install.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:48 AM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow. Tested grid. Even on my Singtel 5ghz wireless lag is very occasional. Most apparent in fighting games like Street Fighter... On other stuffs like Batman lag is not noticeable. Gonna try Ethernet connection tonight. But so far impressed.

Gonna side load emulators for Dreamcast later and test.

YouTube 'chromecasting' capabilities is God sent. Easily able to watch YouTube (even iOS) on TV easily and control fast forward, etc. AOA and Apink never looked better on my big TV. They already looked good on my iMac 27 Retina.
Also able to 'AirPlay' my photos, music from my ip6+ by third party app. Using the lite version now. Forgot the name. Any advice for the best as I don't mind paying.

Android games like Asphalt8 works like a charm. No issues.

Still have some issues with my Gamestream. Troubleshoot tonight.
When that works, it's my SGD270 well spent!! Even now with all the free games on Grid, think the cost already wrote off.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow. Tested grid. Even on my Singtel 5ghz wireless lag is very occasional. Most apparent in fighting games like Street Fighter... On other stuffs like Batman lag is not noticeable. Gonna try Ethernet connection tonight. But so far impressed.

Gonna side load emulators for Dreamcast later and test.

YouTube 'chromecasting' capabilities is God sent. Easily able to watch YouTube (even iOS) on TV easily and control fast forward, etc. AOA and Apink never looked better on my big TV. They already looked good on my iMac 27 Retina.
Also able to 'AirPlay' my photos, music from my ip6+ by third party app. Using the lite version now. Forgot the name. Any advice for the best as I don't mind paying.

Android games like Asphalt8 works like a charm. No issues.

Still have some issues with my Gamestream. Troubleshoot tonight.
When that works, it's my SGD270 well spent!! Even now with all the free games on Grid, think the cost already wrote off.
For some reason..the selection on the google play store is limited.

What i did was to browse for apps on the web version of google play store
galerunner likes this.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:16 AM   #36
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sideloading shouldn't be an issue. But really nifty machine.

If only my Gamestream work.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sideloading shouldn't be an issue. But really nifty machine.

If only my Gamestream work.
Yup...its a good machine but just waiting for android TV to be more mature..haha
Old 10-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #38

finally got my unit after 2.5 weeks of delay from UPS. Anyone noticed the power adapter has the SG safety mark logo on it? Possible that some local distributor is planning to sell this in SG?
Lem0nTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:21 PM   #39

Hi guys,

Planning to buy this, but just wanna check two more things before clicking buy..

Netflix with MyRepublic Teleport (or VPN) can work?
TVMC (or XBMC or Kodi) works well ?

Thanks
audiophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #40

am using the box now, netflix works however the grid game lag is noticeable... i play street fighter vs tekken lag like 1 sec.

FYI i am on myrepublic 1Gbps plan, use wifi lag connect LAN cable also lag which only 1 conclusion the grid server is located in the US which latency suffer.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #41

am using the box now, netflix works however the grid game lag is noticeable... i play street fighter vs tekken lag like 1 sec.

FYI i am on myrepublic 1Gbps plan, use wifi lag connect LAN cable also lag which only 1 conclusion the grid server is located in the US which latency suffer.
Thanks bro. Bought it after reading your reply. Hope this can replace my Chromecast (for casting YouTube) and fire tv stick (for kodi n Netflix).

Strange that you're getting big latency for Grid, as some other users here is saying that the latency isn't noticeable.

Will post my feedback once I get mine!

Btw, anyone for problems with WiFi or Ethernet connection? Read Amazon reviews seems to be quite common problem...
Old 12-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

Been playing around abit more.
Doom plays amazing on the Shield. Was playing it for hours and the gfx and sound were top notch.

For the grid, apparently it improved. Maybe I got used to it (latency) but I started to pull of super moves easily on Street Fighter. Before that I was noticing some slight lag but not now.

For Netflix, what is the way to view and open account? Noob here on vpn and those sorts so pls advise.

Gamestream started to work now but laggy. Will optimise.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

Been playing around abit more.
Doom plays amazing on the Shield. Was playing it for hours and the gfx and sound were top notch.

For the grid, apparently it improved. Maybe I got used to it (latency) but I started to pull of super moves easily on Street Fighter. Before that I was noticing some slight lag but not now.

For Netflix, what is the way to view and open account? Noob here on vpn and those sorts so pls advise.

And my kid is so happy able to cast his youtube easily ontop the TV.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:54 PM   #44

For Netflix, what is the way to view and open account?
Download "Hola Free VPN" app (android/ios) then turn on the unblocker. If hola is working, you should be able to access Netflix.com now. Sign up the free 1 month account. You just need to put in any US accOunt (use Google maps search for any address postcode) then fill in your credit card details using the us postcode.

Once you successfully created the account, you can also use hola on your shield tv as vpn (if you're on myrepublic dun need vpn)

Then just go download a Netflix apk from external sources (because getting Netflix from Google play store is another troublesome journey)
galerunner likes this.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #45

Sounds like you had some issues with gamestream. Care to share the details and how you plan to optimize? Thanks
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.