HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nvidia Shield TV

Like Tree96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2018, 08:13 AM   #796

You need a USB tv tuner for it.

Hey all, does the shield tv support the DVB-T2 tuner for SG channels? thinking of getting it for my parents
Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 11:28 AM   #797

do you have any recommended usb tuners?
mosasoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 07:41 PM   #798

If the tv have a build-in DVB-T2 tuner, just get an external antenna to get local HD channels. You dont require the nvidia shield tv for local HD channel. But if you want those overseas channels or IPTV, then get the shield.

do you have any recommended usb tuners?
Old 23-04-2018, 11:20 PM   #799

hmm, it does not have the tuner dvb-t2 tuner. hence i was wondering if the shield can support both local HD channel at the same time access overseas channels
Old 28-04-2018, 05:14 AM   #800

For ease of use, get a dvb-t2 tuner for the tv will do. Nvidia Shield Tv is an android box with gaming capability. It gg to be underutilized if you gg to use it just for tv channel. There are cheaper android box out there with paid iptv that support both local HD and overseas channels. You can consider those options.

hmm, it does not have the tuner dvb-t2 tuner. hence i was wondering if the shield can support both local HD channel at the same time access overseas channels
Old 29-04-2018, 10:28 PM   #801

Can the Shield play video files directly from a NAS on the same network? Thinking of upgrading from my WD TV Live player
keywin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 01:02 AM   #802
Master Member

For ease of use, get a dvb-t2 tuner for the tv will do. Nvidia Shield Tv is an android box with gaming capability. It gg to be underutilized if you gg to use it just for tv channel. There are cheaper android box out there with paid iptv that support both local HD and overseas channels. You can consider those options.
If I am looking for local channels + Android Apps on my samsung TV, which Android TV box would you recommend? Mainly apps like VLC to play videos.
Lil_d3viLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #803

Yup can. Use Plex player. Nvidia Shield tv support plex server.

Can the Shield play video files directly from a NAS on the same network? Thinking of upgrading from my WD TV Live player
Old 30-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #804

Local tv channels my suggestion is to use external antennas direct to the tv, it will give you more stable and better experience. As for android box, Nvidia Shield tv would be the most complete box to use. The speed is fast, lots of supports and very stable. You can use it as media player, gaming emulator, home automation (google assistant), NAS storage. Etc. Well you need to explore all possible to have it to suit your needs. Ive tried lots of android boxes before settling for nvidia shield tv as my main box.

If I am looking for local channels + Android Apps on my samsung TV, which Android TV box would you recommend? Mainly apps like VLC to play videos.
Old 30-04-2018, 01:40 PM   #805
Arch-Supremacy Member

How do you navigate the toggle app in Shield?
alanchia67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #806

Yup can. Use Plex player. Nvidia Shield tv support plex server.
I use Kodi. Very fast . Can run 4k video smoothly

Sent from Google using GAGT
c1steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #807

Where do you guys get your Shields from? buy direct from Amazon or from Lazada? I only know of these 2 options.
keywin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 10:25 PM   #808

Where do you guys get your Shields from? buy direct from Amazon or from Lazada? I only know of these 2 options.
bought mine from amazon
Meatfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:37 PM   #809

hmmm, the thing is. I'm planning to use it as a gaming device at the same time. So was wondering if there are any compatible tuner and such?
Old 01-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #810

There is compatible USB tuner but from what i research the quality is kinda bad. Sometimes it will freeze and sometimes you wont get any signal.

hmmm, the thing is. I'm planning to use it as a gaming device at the same time. So was wondering if there are any compatible tuner and such?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.