HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nvidia Shield TV

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #961

Same with 3.4.3. BLANK screen. I presume it will not run phone apks. Tried starhub go too. Same issue.

Toggle app not working for me on the new firmware. Anyone got it working? Got a black screen.

My toggle app version 3.4.2. What version is working?
kimtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:42 AM   #962

Most phone apk dont run well on android TV system.

Same with 3.4.3. BLANK screen. I presume it will not run phone apks. Tried starhub go too. Same issue.
Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #963

Anyone using any app to watch movies and dramas on Shield?
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #964
Supremacy Member

amazon prime video, netflix, hulu, Viu, TVB app
imacbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #965

I use chrome to watch korean drama

Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2018, 04:24 PM   #966
Great Supremacy Member

yup. follow the apps shared in edmw tv box thread
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #967
High Supremacy Member

Just FYI for those who are thinking of getting this box - Mine (2017 non-Pro variant) just went kaput. Refuses to boot up, no light, nothing. Tried it with another power supply (have another 2015 non-pro variant), no go.

Nvidia will not help, because their warranty doesn't apply here and they don't sell it here.

Luckily I bought it from Amazon, they will create a return label for return, but minus a restocking fee.

Really thought the QC has improved from the time I got the 2015 Pro version (hdd up lorry after a firmware update, but Amazon to the rescue), but I think I'm never going to get such an expensive Android box again. Mi Box here I come.
kennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 10:54 AM   #968
Supremacy Member

Just FYI for those who are thinking of getting this box - Mine (2017 non-Pro variant) just went kaput. Refuses to boot up, no light, nothing. Tried it with another power supply (have another 2015 non-pro variant), no go.

Nvidia will not help, because their warranty doesn't apply here and they don't sell it here.

Luckily I bought it from Amazon, they will create a return label for return, but minus a restocking fee.

Really thought the QC has improved from the time I got the 2015 Pro version (hdd up lorry after a firmware update, but Amazon to the rescue), but I think I'm never going to get such an expensive Android box again. Mi Box here I come.
Heyo sire, fellow staunch Android fan! Mine got RMA twice out of warranty by Nvidia.
It is expensive i agree, but apps (TV versions) are so fluid. even kodi's UI navigation doesn't lag even for a millisecond.

then again, since miboxes comes with AOSP system nowadays..
it make more sense to get the more cost effective variant. So long it ain't branded "Minix"
Old 17-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #969
Arch-Supremacy Member

amazon prime video, netflix, hulu, Viu, TVB app
viu has a native android tv app?
radioshack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 04:33 PM   #970
High Supremacy Member

Heyo sire, fellow staunch Android fan! Mine got RMA twice out of warranty by Nvidia.
It is expensive i agree, but apps (TV versions) are so fluid. even kodi's UI navigation doesn't lag even for a millisecond.

then again, since miboxes comes with AOSP system nowadays..
it make more sense to get the more cost effective variant. So long it ain't branded "Minix"
I know the quality of the software and the power of the hardware, that's why I got 2. But it's painful when Nvidia doesn't care about buyers out of the US. Yours was RMA through Amazon as well? Shipping to the US is gonna cost quite a bit as well, how did you do it?
Old 17-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #971
Supremacy Member

I know the quality of the software and the power of the hardware, that's why I got 2. But it's painful when Nvidia doesn't care about buyers out of the US. Yours was RMA through Amazon as well? Shipping to the US is gonna cost quite a bit as well, how did you do it?
no, mine was RMA thru Nvidia directly. Chat with them.. and came to RMA solution.
they emailed me a return label.. i just pack and call fedex to pickup. all fees are borned by them. ..
Old 17-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #972
High Supremacy Member

no, mine was RMA thru Nvidia directly. Chat with them.. and came to RMA solution.
they emailed me a return label.. i just pack and call fedex to pickup. all fees are borned by them. ..
Ok, that's nice. Gonna try that first then. Because when I was using the 2015 version, they die die don't want to service the warranty because they don't sell it here.
Old 17-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #973
High Supremacy Member

I assume you are in Singapore, right?
Old 17-10-2018, 08:32 PM   #974
Supremacy Member

I assume you are in Singapore, right?
Yes, will have to show receipts..

I pmed u as well
kennyboy likes this.

Last edited by imacbie; 17-10-2018 at 08:35 PM..
Old 05-11-2018, 07:56 AM   #975

jus to share..managed to get the homerun and antenna.
<SNIP>
Hi @Mr_YA_HA: Where did you get the HomeRun from? Is it the US, UK or AU version? Is it the Connect Quatro?
reb00tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.