Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
hmmm for some reasons my shield cannot connect to my home pc network .
used to be able.
bros any solution ? :3

jermss

Reaction score
Shield at Changi Airport now.. any day now... excited.. i just hope i can stream games properly.

audiophiliac

Reaction score
hmmm for some reasons my shield cannot connect to my home pc network .
used to be able.
bros any solution ? :3

"pc is offline" problem, you might want to try doing a fresh windows installation and Geforce Experience.

I only came across this coincidentally, due to a BIOS update which killed my RAID drives. So I had to do a fresh Windows 8 installation and Geforce Experience, and found that I no longer had issues with GameStream.

Also, make sure to login into Geforce Experience with a Nvidia account instead of using google account. Same thing on the SATV. Read in Geforce forum that using google account to login causes detection of PC problems.

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Just to share, I'm using the Amazon fire stick remote, and I highly recommend using it with shield tv. It works so well, with rewind, forward and play button. I ordered the voice remote (fire tv) version so that my fire stick can still get some use.

The fire stick remote is usd 15, but waiting time is 2-3 months.
The fire tv voice remote is usd 20, and is in stock.

Those who didn't order the shield remote can consider this.

I personally think it's better with the additional forward rewind play/pause buttons.

So... I finally got my fire tv remote with voice .. and found that it doesn't work with the shield. Lol. Luckily I can pair it with the fire tv stick.

So buyers beware.. only the fire tv stick's remote can be paired to shield. Fire tv voice remote doesn't work with shield.

wengchiat

Reaction score
Thinking of buying this...

Any idea if the upcoming Comex will sell?

I'm more interested in the pc to TV game streaming, anyone can share about the performance? If I'm streaming, will I be able to use my pc to do smth else?

Deimos

Master Member
Reaction score
"pc is offline" problem, you might want to try doing a fresh windows installation and Geforce Experience.

I only came across this coincidentally, due to a BIOS update which killed my RAID drives. So I had to do a fresh Windows 8 installation and Geforce Experience, and found that I no longer had issues with GameStream.

Also, make sure to login into Geforce Experience with a Nvidia account instead of using google account. Same thing on the SATV. Read in Geforce forum that using google account to login causes detection of PC problems.

ah... crap. I can't afford a fresh windows installation lol
I will try fresh GE installation thanks bro :)

jermss

Reaction score
JNL06eyl.jpg

It's here...

Sent from Send from Nokia 8810 using GAGT

24thchromosome

Reaction score
Guys, did anyone check up on warranty repair procedure? Courier back to Amazon for repair? Seems like Nvidia don't have a Singapore presence.

jermss

Reaction score
anyone know if we can change the DNS for the Shield? i am on MR and to use the Teleport service.. i would need to change the DNS.

audiophiliac

Reaction score
anyone know if we can change the DNS for the Shield? i am on MR and to use the Teleport service.. i would need to change the DNS.

Why would you need to change DNS if you're already on MR? Teleport is on by default on MR server side.You don't have to do anything to use teleport if you're on MR

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Thinking of buying this...

Any idea if the upcoming Comex will sell?

I'm more interested in the pc to TV game streaming, anyone can share about the performance? If I'm streaming, will I be able to use my pc to do smth else?

Nope your pc screen will be mirrored to the shield. It's like screen mirroring.

I use it for PC streaming all the time. Once you get pass the network problems, it works very well. No drop outs, no latency. But I did have problems detecting my pc when I first received it.

wengchiat

Reaction score
Nope your pc screen will be mirrored to the shield. It's like screen mirroring.

I use it for PC streaming all the time. Once you get pass the network problems, it works very well. No drop outs, no latency. But I did have problems detecting my pc when I first received it.

Hi, If I'm on dual monitor, will this be a workaround? I heard there may be resolution issues on my 2nd monitor and tabbing out issues...

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

jermss

Reaction score
Connected to the Internet via WiFi.. Signed in to Nvidia.. But I am stuck at the spinning wheel icon and can't seem to load grid. Waited for 5mins still the same. Not sure if it's connection or what..

audiophiliac

Reaction score
Connected to the Internet via WiFi.. Signed in to Nvidia.. But I am stuck at the spinning wheel icon and can't seem to load grid. Waited for 5mins still the same. Not sure if it's connection or what..

Try direct LAN cable to your ONT to see if it's your router settings giving problem or blocking outgoing connections.

Are you doing any DNS changing on the router?

jermss

Reaction score
yes i am, i make changes to my DNS on my router. I am using MR teleport so i entered the DNS manually.

Would that be an issue?

jermss

Reaction score
i am also thinking of using a homeplug to run direct ethernet connection from my router to the shield, not sure if that would help much.

audiophiliac

Reaction score
yes i am, i make changes to my DNS on my router. I am using MR teleport so i entered the DNS manually.

Would that be an issue?

YES THAT'S PROBABLY THE REASON.

I'm using MR too, and have no issues going into grid from 1st day. I still don't get why do you have to enter DNS manually.

My connection is fiber point > ONT > asus router > shield.

Just to be explicitly clear, you don't have to do anything on your router to enable teleport. IT IS ON BY DEFAULT ON MY REPUBLIC SERVER.

Did you get all the latest updates (system firmware and shield hub app)?

System update via settings, shield hub via play store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.