HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Nvidia Shield TV

Like Tree102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #1051

gah which means losing whatever functionality AndroidTV provides :/
Not worth the trouble. Leave the official Android TV OS in the Shield TV as it is.

Just buy another generic Android box like the S$40-50 Tanix TX3 Max or TX3 Mini.
wilflare likes this.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #1052
Supremacy Member

Not worth the trouble. Leave the official Android TV OS in the Shield TV as it is.

Just buy another generic Android box like the S$40-50 Tanix TX3 Max or TX3 Mini.
yea thought so too.
alternatively is to use the phone and Chromecast StarHub Go, TVB Anywhere and Toggle...
(I will never understand why these apps do not have an Android TV equivalent... especially StarHub Go - when it is supported on StarHub's version of AndroidTV box)
wilflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 12:22 PM   #1053
Supremacy Member

spoke with StarHub on supporting the StarHub Go app on nVidia Shield...
they told me that StarHub Go app is not supported on AndroidTV (when their own streaming box runs on AndroidTV)

gosh
Old 28-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #1054

They just want to make it 'exclusive' to their android box. Anyway the crackdown on iptv is very strong now. A few apps had suffered blocked and a few fb grps had been closed down.

spoke with StarHub on supporting the StarHub Go app on nVidia Shield...
they told me that StarHub Go app is not supported on AndroidTV (when their own streaming box runs on AndroidTV)

gosh
wilflare likes this.
Aditshar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #1055
Supremacy Member

They just want to make it 'exclusive' to their android box. Anyway the crackdown on iptv is very strong now. A few apps had suffered blocked and a few fb grps had been closed down.
would have gotten their streaming box if it was cheaper - but at S$199, the nVidia Shield is of much better value (just need a bit more top-up)
Old 28-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #1056

Yeah that true.

would have gotten their streaming box if it was cheaper - but at S$199, the nVidia Shield is of much better value (just need a bit more top-up)
wilflare likes this.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #1057

I lost my tv remote while moving house. Anyone knows where to get a replacement remote only?
zehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #1058

Reliability?

Hi all thanks for keeping the thread so informative...

Due to some circumstances my gaming rig has a limited time accessibility. just need some feedbacks before i jump in the bandwagon...

How bad is the lag when you gamestream? Im planning to have the shield in the living room while the rig in another room connected via LAN. Would Dota 2 be possibility? Ive read FIFA 19 is still not ready...

Next i use a PS4 controller for gaming. I know it is possible to connect to PS4 controller to the shield but does it work for gamestream mode as well? If not definitely will need to get the one with the controller.

Hope to hear from you guys so i can join in the fun soon! Appreciate it!
mohamadhafiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #1059

Dota2 is possible to play on the shield but you will need wireless keyboard and mouse. Lag wise is subjective. For casual gaming, it shouldnt be a problem. If serious competitive gaming, gaming rig still the best.
Anyway there are 2 methods of streaming Dota2 on the shield. Method 1 is via PC mirroring. You need to let your gaming PC run while you game on the nvidia shield. Method 2 is via Nvidia "Virtual" Machine.This is pure streaming from Nvidia Server, you dont need to turn on your PC. Currently this service is free to play but in future there will be a subscription fee for it.
Fifa19 is not supported. There are a list of supported games in Nvidia website that you can check out. PS4 controller does work with nvidia shield. But if planning to get buy a set, i suggest get the ones with the gamepad cos it is cheaper to get the gamepad with the bundle than to get it individually.

Hi all thanks for keeping the thread so informative...

Due to some circumstances my gaming rig has a limited time accessibility. just need some feedbacks before i jump in the bandwagon...

How bad is the lag when you gamestream? Im planning to have the shield in the living room while the rig in another room connected via LAN. Would Dota 2 be possibility? Ive read FIFA 19 is still not ready...

Next i use a PS4 controller for gaming. I know it is possible to connect to PS4 controller to the shield but does it work for gamestream mode as well? If not definitely will need to get the one with the controller.

Hope to hear from you guys so i can join in the fun soon! Appreciate it!
mohamadhafiz likes this.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #1060

Dota2 is possible to play on the shield but you will need wireless keyboard and mouse. Lag wise is subjective. For casual gaming, it shouldnt be a problem. If serious competitive gaming, gaming rig still the best.
Anyway there are 2 methods of streaming Dota2 on the shield. Method 1 is via PC mirroring. You need to let your gaming PC run while you game on the nvidia shield. Method 2 is via Nvidia "Virtual" Machine.This is pure streaming from Nvidia Server, you dont need to turn on your PC. Currently this service is free to play but in future there will be a subscription fee for it.
Fifa19 is not supported. There are a list of supported games in Nvidia website that you can check out. PS4 controller does work with nvidia shield. But if planning to get buy a set, i suggest get the ones with the gamepad cos it is cheaper to get the gamepad with the bundle than to get it individually.
Playing the game from nvidia server.. Is that Geforce Now? Is that service available in Singapore though?

I'm tempted to buy nvidia shield to play at my office whenever lunch time or so...

Although it's at $280 IN Qoo10 right now. Quite expensive.
Power Is Scarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:57 PM   #1061

It is under Geforce Now but only supported games are available. The service is available in Sg. Currently it is free but soon there will be subscription. Well if that happens, you can still use the gaming pc mirror to the nvidia shield tv.

Playing the game from nvidia server.. Is that Geforce Now? Is that service available in Singapore though?

I'm tempted to buy nvidia shield to play at my office whenever lunch time or so...

Although it's at $280 IN Qoo10 right now. Quite expensive.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:45 PM   #1062

help on nvidia shield tv box

Hi guys, new here.. I just got my nvidia tv box and i wish to watch all channels like those standard tv box. Can anyone kindly help guide me thru the configuration? Not using an android phone either so very new to me. Thanks in advance,,
jer8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #1063
Supremacy Member

Hi guys, new here.. I just got my nvidia tv box and i wish to watch all channels like those standard tv box. Can anyone kindly help guide me thru the configuration? Not using an android phone either so very new to me. Thanks in advance,,
there is no standard tv channels on the shield tv
imacbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #1064

there is no standard tv channels on the shield tv
Thanks.. So what can i do to watch the channels like hbo,national geographic, discovery etc..?
jer8411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #1065

Thanks.. So what can i do to watch the channels like hbo,national geographic, discovery etc..?
Pay SingTel or Starhub.

I believe SingTel TV Go Home View function should work on the Shield TV.
wilflare likes this.
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.