Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

alucard78

Reaction score
There are a few sellers of NS TV in lazada for less than $300?
Some claim to be 2019 version. All they reliable or stick to purchase from amazon?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are a few sellers of NS TV in lazada for less than $300?
Some claim to be 2019 version. All they reliable or stick to purchase from amazon?

don't have to worry if it is sold on lazada.

if the seller deliver wrong version, you can send back to seller and claim back your money.

Hockster123

Reaction score
New to streaming TV box

Hi all,

I'm new to the tv streaming box genre and would like some advice from u experienced guys here :)

I'm currently on starhub tv but since I got Netflix (my 4yr old Philips TV came installed with it), my family hardly watches starhub tv. At most a bit of Disney channel and Nickelodeon. I'm thinking of cutting off starhub tv completely but I want to make sure we still have access to local TV. I don't want to get a digital tv receiver.

So I'm thinking of getting a tv streaming box that runs on Android and still have some way of accessing local tv via apps. For example, for Nvidia Shield TV, I can install Toggle to watch local content right? Still can watch local news and national day rally etc?

I also saw that Starhub has their own streaming box. Not sure if I can install android apps on them like Netflix, Toggle or even in the future, Disney+.

Any comments on which way I should go?

Thank you!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the tv streaming box genre and would like some advice from u experienced guys here :)

I'm currently on starhub tv but since I got Netflix (my 4yr old Philips TV came installed with it), my family hardly watches starhub tv. At most a bit of Disney channel and Nickelodeon. I'm thinking of cutting off starhub tv completely but I want to make sure we still have access to local TV. I don't want to get a digital tv receiver.

So I'm thinking of getting a tv streaming box that runs on Android and still have some way of accessing local tv via apps. For example, for Nvidia Shield TV, I can install Toggle to watch local content right? Still can watch local news and national day rally etc?

I also saw that Starhub has their own streaming box. Not sure if I can install android apps on them like Netflix, Toggle or even in the future, Disney+.

Thank you!

Toggle is not officially supported by Android TV OS device like Nvidia Shield TV or Starhub Go Streaming box. But you can run Toggle on mobile phone and cast to TV.

Unofficially you can side load latest Toggle apk and use it on Nvidia Shield TV.

Starhub Go Streaming box does not support Netflix.

You will not go wrong with Nvidia Shield TV 2019, say the non pro version which is good enough if you do not plan to play games. It supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos under Netflix, unlike the old 2015/2017 version which does not support Dolby Vision and does not support Dolby Atmos under Netflix.

Disney+ should be supported in the future in Singapore. It is already available in US for Nvidia Shield TV.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you!

it is not necessary to use toggle to watch local tv channels, there are many free 3rd party apps offering the channels.

nvidia shield is the best tv box, using it just to view local channel is a waste. you can do it with a low end android box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.