HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Speaker cables

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2020, 06:25 PM   #1
Master Member

Talking Speaker cables

Hi there, i'm sure there's gonna be lots of debate what's good, what's not, i tried to search here, but don't seem to have much reference, and or details.

i'm very new to this, went to the usual spots to look (Adelphi, SLS), didn't ask or try though.

i did read that LHS at SLT is popular with locals for decent honest cables.

i'm also reading some reviews about another store Infinite Cables Company, also in SLT, they have Canare cables plugs and all. they also recently (last year i think) started their own line of cables (all sorts, speaker, interconnects). seem to have pretty good reviews and quality also is top notch.

i'm currently using cheap TB cables, which have actually gotten better after some time (broken in maybe?), and am looking for replacements, not in a rush, but maybe sometime before CNY would be good, so when i'm home can chill and enjoy them during the festive period.

it will be plugged to NAD C328, currently hooked up to a topping 32EX+ (as dac temp might take this for another setup in the master bedroom once the sound card comes), from my computer, to a pair of Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 SE.

i've got a "audiophile" soundcard coming, with direct rca interconnects (just for fun to test and try).

would like to know if anyone has experience with Infinite Cables company products.

don't know what is a good budget for these, maybe $2/300 for a pair, 1.5m?
zephyr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:39 PM   #2

Hi there, i'm sure there's gonna be lots of debate what's good, what's not, i tried to search here, but don't seem to have much reference, and or details.

i'm very new to this, went to the usual spots to look (Adelphi, SLS), didn't ask or try though.

i did read that LHS at SLT is popular with locals for decent honest cables.

i'm also reading some reviews about another store Infinite Cables Company, also in SLT, they have Canare cables plugs and all. they also recently (last year i think) started their own line of cables (all sorts, speaker, interconnects). seem to have pretty good reviews and quality also is top notch.

i'm currently using cheap TB cables, which have actually gotten better after some time (broken in maybe?), and am looking for replacements, not in a rush, but maybe sometime before CNY would be good, so when i'm home can chill and enjoy them during the festive period.

it will be plugged to NAD C328, currently hooked up to a topping 32EX+ (as dac temp might take this for another setup in the master bedroom once the sound card comes), from my computer, to a pair of Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 SE.

i've got a "audiophile" soundcard coming, with direct rca interconnects (just for fun to test and try).

would like to know if anyone has experience with Infinite Cables company products.

don't know what is a good budget for these, maybe $2/300 for a pair, 1.5m?

bro......use the 200-300 bucks on a budget power cord and audiophile fuse for the amp will give better results for the money.........
zephyr11 likes this.
napoleon bohlumpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #3

the sky is the limit for speaker cables. Some swear by DIY others spend thousands or hundred of thousands. Some can hear the difference, but some are just tone deaf.

Here is one you can try within your budget.

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buys...num=1577888083

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buys...num=1576980527
zephyr11 likes this.
angy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 11:12 PM   #4
Master Member

bro......use the 200-300 bucks on a budget power cord and audiophile fuse for the amp will give better results for the money.........

power cord and audiophile fuse?

power cord i know, thought about it, already looking.

what's audiophile fuse, i googled and saw some with a slot on the back to change. but i think my amp don't have.

either way, got anything to recommend for both?

those on TB worth trying?
Old 10-01-2020, 11:16 PM   #5
Master Member

the sky is the limit for speaker cables. Some swear by DIY others spend thousands or hundred of thousands. Some can hear the difference, but some are just tone deaf.

Here is one you can try within your budget.

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buys...num=1577888083

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buys...num=1576980527

audioquest seems to be quite popular.

tara i've not hear.

i guess the only way is to really just buy some to try.
Old 11-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

i know some folks with no budget constraints spend $5k USD on a cable
Old 11-01-2020, 12:12 PM   #7

The rule of thumb is around 10% of your HT budget.
zephyr11 likes this.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:54 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

just be happy with sub $50 cable, even power cable...

if it changes like day and night... screw the speaker system... it is junk, no way it should change sound so tremendously just by changing cables
Old 11-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #9
Master Member

i know some folks with no budget constraints spend $5k USD on a cable

i think they have $50k setups, mine only about $1k.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:02 PM   #10
Master Member

just be happy with sub $50 cable, even power cable...

if it changes like day and night... screw the speaker system... it is junk, no way it should change sound so tremendously just by changing cables

my TB power cables (for amp) and power conditioner just came in, plugged in. i got them for fun (under $100), (didn't think there's gonna be too much difference), but i have to say, it is quite noticeable.

i can "feel" the bass now, i can feel my table vibrating, and playing at lower volumes with the similar loudness, it's said they'll sound better after it's broken in(few hundred hrs of play),

waiting for the soundcard to come, should be fun.
Old 13-01-2020, 09:54 PM   #11

my TB power cables (for amp) and power conditioner just came in, plugged in. i got them for fun (under $100), (didn't think there's gonna be too much difference), but i have to say, it is quite noticeable.

i can "feel" the bass now, i can feel my table vibrating, and playing at lower volumes with the similar loudness, it's said they'll sound better after it's broken in(few hundred hrs of play),

waiting for the soundcard to come, should be fun.

the fuse is inside the amp.......another cheap trick is to polish your power cord plug's pins (3 pins) with autosol.........if there's a fuse in the plug - polish it too.......
napoleon bohlumpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 10:23 PM   #12
Master Member

^^^^^^^^^

woah, seriously? they came quite shiny, when you say polish is like smooth shiny?

Old 13-01-2020, 11:11 PM   #13

power cord and audiophile fuse?

power cord i know, thought about it, already looking.

what's audiophile fuse, i googled and saw some with a slot on the back to change. but i think my amp don't have.

either way, got anything to recommend for both?

those on TB worth trying?
Audiophile fuse = Synergistic Research Black fuse

Ground = Nordost Qkore or Entreq

Those ppl label "snakeoil" you need a system of more than 30k to hear the differences less revealing system less than 3k can't tell the difference you might as well save up and spent on equipments
zephyr11 likes this.
Amon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #14
Master Member

^^^^^^^^^^

hmmmmmm, my setup not even 1k.
Old 14-01-2020, 01:15 PM   #15

^^^^^^^^^^

hmmmmmm, my setup not even 1k.
Then is a waste of money to play with "snakeoil" had a 20k system just counting front R/L channel w/equipments....last time tried with Nordost Qkore $1800.00 as groundbox can hear better background details more silent but effect is small not worth spenting the 1.8k but now my front end are using more expensive gear the effect is noticeable....if your system total add up 1k spent on upgrading equipment and speakers difference is much more
Amon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.