Speaker stands Equipment rack

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks very nice indeed.. maybe some dampeners to help with the vibration.
Ebony wood isolation feet under the CD player maybe?

yes, eventually, looking at some options, but will be awhile before i can try them. thanks for the suggestion!

illumnae

Reaction score
I've seen some stands that look like atacama stands but with glass instead of wood for the panels. Same metal spike columns. Does anyone know where to get those?

petetherock

Reaction score
I've seen some stands that look like atacama stands but with glass instead of wood for the panels. Same metal spike columns. Does anyone know where to get those?

Try Taobao. But remember good looking is not equal to good sound...

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i managed to buy 1 used recently. itz pretty old design guess no one makes it anymore.

TS versions seems like a better option

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
quick update;

so my chair came in and the speaker stands i got are slightly shorter than i would like them to be (50cm without books+foam).

stacked some books + acoustic foam (60cm), just about right.

so i'm kindda undecided to hunt for new stands at 60cm OR get another set of isoacoustic stands (they add about 10cm). currently both my speakers in rotation are about 30cm tall.

thoughts?

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I would buy taller stands like even 70cm. My chair is recliner sofa which i think are usually taller than most sofas. Measure your speaker base to tweeter or middle of speaker and add to stand height to be sure.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
See... so many people find their stands too short. For my case 50cm or 60cm stands are only useful for the center channel if i use bookshelf speaker. Don't known why all the shops at adelphi insist on only bringing in 60cm or lower stands. I had to search carousell to find taller stands.

Last edited:

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
seriously bo
:s13:

bo bian, now **, can only experiment, and try see what works. :D

ok, my chair height is about 80cm, so when i'm seated, should be about 85cm.

so i thought if stands are 50cm +30cm (speaker height), 80cm is about right (seated height ear level to tweeters/ top of speaker)?

as mentioned then i added some height to make them closer to 90cm overall. and it sounds better, but i can't decide if i should keep these stands, then get isoacoustic, so i can have more flexibility (in case i get even taller speakers, then can do without the isoacoustic stands) or should i get 60cm stands?

-Sora-

Reaction score
bo bian, now **, can only experiment, and try see what works. :D

ok, my chair height is about 80cm, so when i'm seated, should be about 85cm.

so i thought if stands are 50cm +30cm (speaker height), 80cm is about right (seated height ear level to tweeters/ top of speaker)?

as mentioned then i added some height to make them closer to 90cm overall. and it sounds better, but i can't decide if i should keep these stands, then get isoacoustic, so i can have more flexibility (in case i get even taller speakers, then can do without the isoacoustic stands) or should i get 60cm stands?

I just ordered this adjustable stand two days ago as I also need about 90cm, it might be good for u if u need to fine tune. Will update if it's good when it comes, only problem is I don't think it can be filled up inside, and wont perform as well as metal stands + isoacoustic, cheap as hell in comparison though.

I've recently been questioning myself about that tweeter must be at ear level rule, positioning them above my ears sound better to me as my speakers are bright, reduces listening fatigue damn a lot. maybe because most brands target at the older demographic

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the tweeter level to ear is a general guide, i think most would like it higher, it helps as in when you are getting up to move around the sound wouldn't go too weird. i think for home setup with more than 1.5m depth should give a pretty good holographic imaging, pretty hard to imagine one can maintain a precise sitting position for long. as long as you can lounge and enjoy music it would be prefect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi there,

should they be in wood or metal (both stand and rack)?

thanks!

try to get wooden ones if available..........metal ones will interact with the magnetic fields of the equipment and speaker drivers.......

also metal ones impart a ''harder'' glaring quality to the sound

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
I think best align middle of bookshelf speaker to ear level, also because some speakers have tweeter below the bass driver like Mission LX2.

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
I just ordered this adjustable stand two days ago as I also need about 90cm, it might be good for u if u need to fine tune. Will update if it's good when it comes, only problem is I don't think it can be filled up inside, and wont perform as well as metal stands + isoacoustic, cheap as hell in comparison though.

I've recently been questioning myself about that tweeter must be at ear level rule, positioning them above my ears sound better to me as my speakers are bright, reduces listening fatigue damn a lot. maybe because most brands target at the older demographic

please feedback once you get them in!

;)

zephyr11

Master Member
Reaction score
the tweeter level to ear is a general guide, i think most would like it higher, it helps as in when you are getting up to move around the sound wouldn't go too weird. i think for home setup with more than 1.5m depth should give a pretty good holographic imaging, pretty hard to imagine one can maintain a precise sitting position for long. as long as you can lounge and enjoy music it would be prefect.

like it higher like above the ear level?

i think in my case is partly because the tweeter is above but not at the tip of the speaker front, it's a bit lower, same for the other set of speakers i have, not sure if that makes a difference.

petetherock

Reaction score
Stability is a very important aspect when you look for stands
Adjustable height ones may not be so stable ..
Best to have the tweeters lower rather than higher than ear level
Cheers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.