Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Channel down = unblock server side problem. Can only wait for them to fix it, if and when. Nobody here has a solution for this since it affects all the users:s22:. Only thing you can do is feedback to their facebook about which channels are down and hopefully they would take note and perform maintenance on it.

I think they pay more attention to HK and TW people,
complained to them for discovery channel two weeks ago, still not fixed, and Food network Asia was also removed.

10DeeQ

Reaction score
Is there any app that i can install in the mean time tonwatch ch 5 and 8 singapore on my unblock tv ?

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
#03-65 in Sim Lim Square (a seller of UBox) appears to be Classic Dynasty International. Can someone help confirm?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chan 5 and 8 seems to be back in the ubtv app but its not playing smoothly on my side. The channel will play for around 10 seconds and then freeze for abit before resuming. Their livetv have been resoundingly crappy for the past few weeks and during weekend evenings where there are epl matches, all their sport section channels lag like **** or cant even be connected. Previously unblock mentioned they will be adding more servers to ease congestion but apparently that plan has been delayed now. Nowadays i only use their uvod or mango tv apps and hardly ever touch the ubtv app. For those considering whether to get the ubox, please stay away for now. No point getting a half functional box and adding on to the congestion.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ICdrama and drama24h all down for kodi.
Got what replacement to watch TVB?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using 128Gb scandisk as ext storage.

I checked with unblock and they said the box can support max 1tb 2.5inch external hdd drive but i have trouble getting the box to detect my various 1tb drives. I suspect the box is not drawing sufficient power to be able to read external 2.5inch drives. So no choice but have to use thumbdrive or sd cards for external storage instead.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked with unblock and they said the box can support max 1tb 2.5inch external hdd drive but i have trouble getting the box to detect my various 1tb drives. I suspect the box is not drawing sufficient power to be able to read external 2.5inch drives. So no choice but have to use thumbdrive or sd cards for external storage instead.

How about 3.5 inch HDDs that have their own power?

oldman1881

Reaction score
Currently using 128Gb scandisk as ext storage.

you may try the USB port at the back, it can provide more power than the port from the left side, or you can use some USB cable with two USB connectors, one is for data+power, one is for power only to supply more current.
If none of them works, then you must find an external power adaptor.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Actually don't have to connect to the box physically. Just connect the HDD to the router's USB port and you will be able to play video stored in the HDD via the home network (i.e cheapo NAS). Most of the routers have this feature and their USB ports deliver higher current.

Last edited:

ckjoe03

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have you guys encountered your tv hdmi unable to detect Ubox3?

It just blank out with no signal. What could be the posssible problem and is it pertaining to any tv config I had to adjust to make it work? Thanks all in advance...

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to watch twitch from this box? Is watching from web browser the best since can't seem to dl the twitch app from play stire

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

Try this app called "vortex". I have been using this app instead of the official twitch app on all my tv boxes since years ago. Only downside with vortex is that it supports max 720p 60fps even if the stream is available in 1080p. If you cant download the app from google playstore then just download it from 3rd party sites and sideload it onto your unblock box.

Last edited:

gllim_99

Reaction score
Android version update

Hi, how can I update my unblock box android 4.2 to later version.
Thanks

GoldenStars

Reaction score
Try this app called "vortex". I have been using this app instead of the official twitch app on all my tv boxes since years ago. Only downside with vortex is that it supports max 720p 60fps even if the stream is available in 1080p. If you cant download the app from google playstore then just download it from 3rd party sites and sideload it onto your unblock box.
Sideload app can watch in 1080p?

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 3 using GAGT

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually don't have to connect to the box physically. Just connect the HDD to the router's USB port and you will be able to play video stored in the HDD via the home network (i.e cheapo NAS). Most of the routers have this feature and their USB ports deliver higher current.

yes, I did that too but I noticed the internet speed slowed down...

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, I did that too but I noticed the internet speed slowed down...

It won't affect unless your network is using ancient 10Mbps ethernet.

Now most of us are using 1000Mbps home network, some people like me are using slower 100Mbps network.

The video stream only consume 2-4Mbps for 720p video, 5-10Mbps for full HD video, 15-25Mbps for 4K video. They are very low compared to the network capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.