HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree283Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #1501
Supremacy Member

my ubox nightingale cannot start suddenly it just blinks red light, whats wrong?

i brought the set to retail and they tested it work fine, bring home same thing happen again red blinking light
Strange issue, looks like heng/sway that it doesnt work at your place.

Sell off @ carousell for cheap and buy EVpad. Just finger cross it works for the new buyer place.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #1502
Master Member

my ubox nightingale cannot start suddenly it just blinks red light, whats wrong?

i brought the set to retail and they tested it work fine, bring home same thing happen again red blinking light
Were you using your power adaptor when you were at the shop? If not, then the problem is with your adaptor.

A new $5 adaptor might solve your problem
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #1503

hi guys
any idea how i can insert chinese characters for the search function for the ubtv box?
^ghosty^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #1504
Master Member

hi guys
any idea how i can insert chinese characters for the search function for the ubtv box?
You install pinyin keyboard or any other chinese input app.

However i dont recommend using chinese keyboard because you need to enter 3-4 letters to form a character.

If you are using english keyboard, you only need to enter one char for each chinese character .
Old 05-05-2019, 09:27 PM   #1505

Does Starhub block ubox now?
jupiter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:35 PM   #1506

Does Starhub block ubox now?
All ISPs block Ubox UBTV. It is by High Court order.
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:28 PM   #1507
Master Member

All ISPs block Ubox UBTV. It is by High Court order.
The ISPs are just going thru the motion, they are not actively blocking UB.

What they do is to enter UB's server address in their DNS server's blacklist. There are better ways to block but they are not using them.

If UB changes its server address or the users select not to use ISP's DNS, the 'block' is nonexistence.

For some ISPs, there isn't any block if using mobile data, the reason is obvious.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #1508

Is the Facebook group got IPTV still going strong or is there a Telegram channel that I should join? Lost touch already, last was using the Remix TV with the HDPFans TV with the listing Gregory introduce.
alvinblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 08:49 PM   #1509

Ubox without UBTV and UBVOD, from Taiwan, because of the new laws banning preloaded box

The above is from Ubox Facebook page.

The comment is interesting, "現在沒人敢跟500000挑戰", i.e., nobody wants to challenge 500K New Taiwan Dollar.

Last edited by xiaofan; 15-05-2019 at 08:57 PM..
Old 15-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #1510
Master Member

Ubox without UBTV and UBVOD, from Taiwan, because of the new laws banning preloaded box

The above is from Ubox Facebook page.

The comment is interesting, "現在沒人敢跟500000挑戰", i.e., nobody wants to challenge 500K New Taiwan Dollar.
Still have ubtv and ubvod. They are not in the box when sold. But they tell the buyer where to download.

This is just to fool tw's authority.

Ubtv works on boxes with a range of mac address. These so called empty boxes are from ub so it will run ubtv.
Old 21-05-2019, 08:08 PM   #1511

Does ubox or evpad support hdmi cec?
Zahne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #1512

Hi guys, still no way to get baby tv english channel on ubtv?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
KingOfSbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 07:46 PM   #1513
Master Member

Does ubox or evpad support hdmi cec?
My evpad 3 on allwinner soc dont seem to have hdmi cec support. I have another box running amlogic 905x and it supports hdmi cec. So it might be a chipset/firmware/kernal thing. Which means ubox might likely also not support hdmi cec since their newest models also run on allwinner soc.
Old 22-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #1514
Master Member

Due to the recent court ruling in taiwan banning sale of "pre-loaded" boxes, unblock has started selling "clean-slate" boxes in the taiwan market. These boxes do not come pre-installed with any 3rd party apps or app market. Instead, all proprietary app apks are hosted on an external site and buyers are provided with instructions on where to download and side load them into the box. Evpad and other brand boxes will follow suit to "comply" with the rules for taiwan market.

Again, this goes to show even with laws in place, manufacturers and sellers will always find loopholes or ways to go around the rules.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #1515

Due to the recent court ruling in taiwan banning sale of "pre-loaded" boxes, unblock has started selling "clean-slate" boxes in the taiwan market. These boxes do not come pre-installed with any 3rd party apps or app market. Instead, all proprietary app apks are hosted on an external site and buyers are provided with instructions on where to download and side load them into the box. Evpad and other brand boxes will follow suit to "comply" with the rules for taiwan market.

Again, this goes to show even with laws in place, manufacturers and sellers will always find loopholes or ways to go around the rules.
Yes but then the less tech savvy users will not buy the boxes. And take note providing the instructions or teach the methods to sideload those apps are also considered to be illegal in Taiwan now.

Technical savvy users can always find ways if they want to use the boxes.

Last edited by xiaofan; 22-05-2019 at 09:14 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.