HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #1516
Supremacy Member

Yes but then the less tech savvy users will not buy the boxes. And take note proving the instructions or teach the methods to sideload those apps are also considered to be illegal in Taiwan now.

Technical savvy users can always find ways if they want to use the boxes.
Pre-loaded boxes are never only meant for non tech savy users. Even tech savy users who know their stuff(i am a perfect example) use evpad/unblock boxes simply for the sake of convenience and time saving. Not everybody has the time or want to constantly go through the trouble of looking for new free apps to use when existing ones go down. Money i can always earn back but time spent sourcing for apps and installing/uninstalling/updating them every now and then is time i won't be getting back.

Anyway, alot of stuff is supposed to be illegal but who cares as long you do at your own risk and dont get caught. But thats taiwan's business so it really doesn't concern or affects us in anyway. Like i said before, the only effective enforcement is a blanket ban on sale and use of all tv boxes, pre-loaded or otherwise. Until that day comes, i will continue to happily use my box.

Last edited by rECKleSSfElla; 22-05-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Old 22-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #1517

My evpad 3 on allwinner soc dont seem to have hdmi cec support. I have another box running amlogic 905x and it supports hdmi cec. So it might be a chipset/firmware/kernal thing. Which means ubox might likely also not support hdmi cec since their newest models also run on allwinner soc.
This may well be the case since I also can not find the HDMI CEC option for my Tanix TX6 Allwinner H6 box.

I tend to believe the chip itself has the capability but the SDK provided by Allwinner may not support HDMI CEC. In the end the results are the same.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #1518

Like i said before, the only effective enforcement is a blanket ban on sale and use of all tv boxes, pre-loaded or otherwise. Until that day comes, i will continue to happily use my box.
Yes you can continue using your boxes. No issues with that. Even if the apps got blocked there are alternative apps.

However there will not be a blanket ban. There is no legal bases to do that.

As you said, vendors will find ways to abide the law literally yet provide method to circumvent the ban. Tech savvy users who are willing to spend the time will always find the ways.

And then, there will be more legitimate streaming services as well providing alternative to Starhub TV and SingTel TV -- Netflix, Toggle, SingTel Cast, Starhub Go, TVB Anywhere+, HBO Go, Fox+, etc.

Live TV is still limited though for these streaming services. That is part of the reasons why people go to Ubox/EVpad and IPTV packages.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #1519
Master Member

Yes you can continue using your boxes. No issues with that. Even if the apps got blocked there are alternative apps.

As you said, vendors will find ways to abide the law literally yet provide method to circumvent the ban. Tech savvy users who are willing to spend the time will always find the ways.

And then, there will be more legitimate streaming services as well providing alternative to Starhub TV and SingTel TV -- Netflix, Toggle, SingTel Cast, Starhub Go, TVB Anywhere+, HBO Go, Fox+, etc.

Live TV is still limited though for these streaming services. That is part of the reasons why people go to Ubox/EVpad and IPTV packages.
ub works by mac no.

TW authority can ban sales of boxes with certain range of mac no owned by UB.

If they don't do that, it is not because they don't know how to do it, but just going thru the motion to answer to the rights owners.
Old 22-05-2019, 11:25 PM   #1520
Supremacy Member

OK then maybe folks who like to throw "court this, law that" can finally give it a rest?

Its good to be in the know about such information but when one keeps repeating the same thing like a broken record, it becomes an agenda, especially when we are hardly affected locally by any so called enforcements.

This is afterall a discussion pertaining to evpad and unblock and lets keep it as that rather than make this a thread about the demerits and legal ramifications of buying a pre-loaded box. But hey, you are more than welcome to come back and rub it in my face and say "i told you so" as and when such boxes are banned locally.
Old 23-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #1521

Anyone uses Ub回看? I couldnt see any past recorded programs when i open up the app. Can anyone help? Thanks
Old 24-05-2019, 06:36 PM   #1522
Master Member

Unblock launching a new gen 7 high end model called UPROS. Running on android 7.0 with 2gb ram 32gb rom and dual band wifi. A very belated effort by ub to go up against evpad plus and 3 max models. Hardware is an overkill just to run their own proprietary apps and quite pointless if it comes at a higher price tag but no difference in terms of app content.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #1523
Master Member

Hi guys, ubvod for movies, variety and cartoon all become no data leh
The vip one seems working though
Anyone has the same issue?
Already uninstall and reinstall

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Old 03-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #1524
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone knows what happen to Deke TV?

Website down, wechat contact disappear...

dead?

TV service still going on.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #1525
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi, i have an old ubox (gen2) which we have given to my dad for him to watch live tv (sports - mainly golf). but its become a bit problematic where a lot of channels cannot load. we're thinking of getting a new one for him - advisable to get a new ubox? i'm worried abt it getting banned in the near future...any opinions? or any other brands i can explore? looking for sth easy to configure, easy to set up, & easy to use as my dad & i are both not v tech savvy...

edit: also prefer sth which is not too costly as my dad only uses it to watch his golf.

TIA!
Old 04-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #1526
Master Member

hi, i have an old ubox (gen2) which we have given to my dad for him to watch live tv (sports - mainly golf). but its become a bit problematic where a lot of channels cannot load. we're thinking of getting a new one for him - advisable to get a new ubox? i'm worried abt it getting banned in the near future...any opinions? or any other brands i can explore? looking for sth easy to configure, easy to set up, & easy to use as my dad & i are both not v tech savvy...

edit: also prefer sth which is not too costly as my dad only uses it to watch his golf.

TIA!
Have you tried goin appmarket and download the dns static setting for australia & singapore or manually set your router static ip to 8.8.8.8 ? Try run that and then try the ublive again

Old 04-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #1527
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have you tried goin appmarket and download the dns static setting for australia & singapore or manually set your router static ip to 8.8.8.8 ? Try run that and then try the ublive again

hmm wow sounds kinda chim haha. sorry i'm really quite a tech noob i'll try to get my husband to try that & see if it works
Old 04-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #1528
Master Member

TIA!
These kind of boxes dont come cheap. Even the cheapest available evpad or ub model costs around $130-140. Suggest you re-purpose your existing ub box by installing those free live tv apps or get a 1 year paid subscription for iptv from shopee for around $35, although not sure if they come with those golf channels you want.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #1529
Master Member

Google and do the DNS stack in the included app store

These kind of boxes dont come cheap. Even the cheapest available evpad or ub model costs around $130-140. Suggest you re-purpose your existing ub box by installing those free live tv apps or get a 1 year paid subscription for iptv from shopee for around $35, although not sure if they come with those golf channels you want.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:39 AM   #1530

Smile

My Unblock 2 which I bought from Shenzhen years ago, still up and running with the latest updates. I just did a factory reset, goto market install Aus,Sin apk b4 installing all the other livetv apps. Always do a direct wire connection instead of wireless... cheers
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.