HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #196

Android version update

Hi, how can I update my unblock box android 4.2 to later version.
Thanks
Old 09-04-2017, 01:10 PM   #197

Try this app called "vortex". I have been using this app instead of the official twitch app on all my tv boxes since years ago. Only downside with vortex is that it supports max 720p 60fps even if the stream is available in 1080p. If you cant download the app from google playstore then just download it from 3rd party sites and sideload it onto your unblock box.
Sideload app can watch in 1080p?

Old 09-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #198
Master Member

Sideload app can watch in 1080p?
duh.......already said vortex supports max 720p.........if you want 1080p then stick to the official twitch app.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #199

Actually don't have to connect to the box physically. Just connect the HDD to the router's USB port and you will be able to play video stored in the HDD via the home network (i.e cheapo NAS). Most of the routers have this feature and their USB ports deliver higher current.
yes, I did that too but I noticed the internet speed slowed down...
Old 09-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #200
Master Member

yes, I did that too but I noticed the internet speed slowed down...
It won't affect unless your network is using ancient 10Mbps ethernet.

Now most of us are using 1000Mbps home network, some people like me are using slower 100Mbps network.

The video stream only consume 2-4Mbps for 720p video, 5-10Mbps for full HD video, 15-25Mbps for 4K video. They are very low compared to the network capacity.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:44 AM   #201

Just FYI; currently (Mon 1:39am 2017-04-10)...

Unblock Gen 3 S900 w/ Bluetooth + FREE delivery + 1 year local guarantee -- selling (time sale ended) at this Qoo10 link:
http://list.qoo10.sg/g/474497883

See photo below:

Last edited by boonkang; 11-04-2017 at 12:42 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 02:03 AM   #202
Master Member

Just FYI; currently (Mon 1:39am 2017-04-10)...

Unblock Gen 3 S900 w/ Bluetooth + FREE delivery + 1 year local guarantee -- selling $119 (time sale) at this Qoo10 link:
http://list.qoo10.sg/g/474497883
Many local authorised resellers are lowering their prices in an attempt to dump excess stock. Based on past track record, unblock releases a new or updated model every 4-6 months. I suspect a new model might be coming along soon. If not in a rush, i recommend buyers to wait for 1-2 months. Otherwise, just get it now for $119 which is a very good price.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #203

I'm considering to get the UBOX because I've wanted a TV android box for a long time. However, considering my TV-watching habits, I was wondering if anyone had some advice.

I tend to rewatch mostly old shows like Simpsons, The Office, Friends, etc. I have them all in my hard drive, and now I'm using Chromecast on my TV to watch them. The more I look at the Unblock TV channels, the more I realised I'd rather just rewatch my old stuff, or stick to Netflix and Chromecast.

Should I go for a TV box like UBOX, or should I get something simpler like the Mi Box? Or do I not even need one? It's a hassle for me to turn on my laptop everytime I want to watch TV so I just need something simple that can stream my AVI or MP4 files to my TV.

Would appreciate advice, thank you!
Old 10-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #204
Arch-Supremacy Member

Many local authorised resellers are lowering their prices in an attempt to dump excess stock. Based on past track record, unblock releases a new or updated model every 4-6 months. I suspect a new model might be coming along soon. If not in a rush, i recommend buyers to wait for 1-2 months. Otherwise, just get it now for $119 which is a very good price.
If I just want to watch the channels provided by UBox, is now a good time to get or better to wait? I only worried if new version come out, the price will be higher than the current 179 dollars

i.e. I am quite unsure how higher specs can help
Old 10-04-2017, 05:31 PM   #205
Master Member

I'm considering to get the UBOX because I've wanted a TV android box for a long time. However, considering my TV-watching habits, I was wondering if anyone had some advice.

I tend to rewatch mostly old shows like Simpsons, The Office, Friends, etc. I have them all in my hard drive, and now I'm using Chromecast on my TV to watch them. The more I look at the Unblock TV channels, the more I realised I'd rather just rewatch my old stuff, or stick to Netflix and Chromecast.

Should I go for a TV box like UBOX, or should I get something simpler like the Mi Box? Or do I not even need one? It's a hassle for me to turn on my laptop everytime I want to watch TV so I just need something simple that can stream my AVI or MP4 files to my TV.

Would appreciate advice, thank you!
Any generic $50-60 tv box available online will do if you are mainly playing media through ext. hdd. Can also install apps like movie hd to watch movies or drama through streaming.

If I just want to watch the channels provided by UBox, is now a good time to get or better to wait? I only worried if new version come out, the price will be higher than the current 179 dollars

i.e. I am quite unsure how higher specs can help
You answered your own question. if you just want access to the ub apps and is not concerned about specs, then buy now if the price is ok for you. You might even want to consider the cheaper black 512mb ram version to save a few bucks. Buy tv box is not choose husband or wife. Dont have to wreck your brains day and night to make a choice. Just buy according to your needs and budget.
darkonfire likes this.

Last edited by ferocity; 10-04-2017 at 05:36 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #206

Isist easy to get past TVB serial? Not referring to live channel

Last edited by cheers; 10-04-2017 at 05:41 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #207

hi guys i own a mxq tv box. saw my fren using UBbox which in-house app can watch tons of channels including HBO, Fox Sports, Star movies, all running smoothly without screen freeze or lag. damn good.
but i already own a mxq already so dont feel like buying a new Ubox. Any apk which i can install into my mxq to make it similar to UBbox?
Old 10-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #208
Master Member

hi guys i own a mxq tv box. saw my fren using UBbox which in-house app can watch tons of channels including HBO, Fox Sports, Star movies, all running smoothly without screen freeze or lag. damn good.
but i already own a mxq already so dont feel like buying a new Ubox. Any apk which i can install into my mxq to make it similar to UBbox?
No such thing as free lunch. There are free iptv apps out there, but they often work for a few weeks only before channels go down or the app stop working entirely. Pay money to get premium iptv subscription if you want longevity and stability.

Last edited by ferocity; 10-04-2017 at 06:14 PM..
Old 10-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #209
Master Member

You can try the free HDKAN (or called Chinese Live). It has less channels compared to UBbox, but it is good enough if you are looking at channels like HBO, Fox Sports, Star movies. It is unlike other free iptv apps, it is using its own servers.

install from here
http://down.hdkan.co/hs_tv_1.0.6.apk
Old 10-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #210
Arch-Supremacy Member

You answered your own question. if you just want access to the ub apps and is not concerned about specs, then buy now if the price is ok for you. You might even want to consider the cheaper black 512mb ram version to save a few bucks. Buy tv box is not choose husband or wife. Dont have to wreck your brains day and night to make a choice. Just buy according to your needs and budget.
Hmm you got a point there, thanks!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.