HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree284Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #571
Master Member

Is any one using Kodi here? is EXODUS still working? not work after TVaddons shut down the services?
working. get your updates from agent47 repo
Old 26-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #572

I got my EVpad from #03-65 (easy to remember as 365days) since last November. Unlike those sparkly TV box shop running by those PRC, this shop is look more like a repair workshop located in the back alley of sim lim square level 3.
I am more satisfied with the performance and stability of the evpad box with comparing with the ub box After subsequent update push, now my evpad is having more dedicated apps and channels. Hope that it will last for ever

Fyi, most Malaysia channels in Ublock UBTV have already ceased since 3 weeks ago.

Thanks for sharing
Old 27-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #573
Great Supremacy Member

Is Gen 3 still using 2.4g wifi only network?
Old 27-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #574

Is Gen 3 still using 2.4g wifi only network?
Even gen4 oso 2.4G nia. Maybe is time to consider evpad with 2.4 + 5ghz wifi
Old 27-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #575
High Supremacy Member

Coverage for 5ghz is half the distance of 2.4, so short as well use lan cable for better consistency and stability. Also they are terrible if blocked by any solid objects.

Last edited by testerjp; 27-08-2017 at 06:33 PM..
Old 27-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #576

Is unblock gen 3/4 okay for using other apks and kodi?
Old 27-08-2017, 09:42 PM   #577
Master Member

Is unblock gen 3/4 okay for using other apks and kodi?
Ubox works like any other normal android tv box so yes you can install apks and kodi onto it. But if thats your main usage for the box then why spend almost $200 just for that? Any $50-60 tv box with better hardware will do a better job than ubox. Buy the ubox if only for the proprietary live tv and vod apps becuz the box is hardly good for anything else.
Old 27-08-2017, 11:53 PM   #578

Ubox works like any other normal android tv box so yes you can install apks and kodi onto it. But if thats your main usage for the box then why spend almost $200 just for that? Any $50-60 tv box with better hardware will do a better job than ubox. Buy the ubox if only for the proprietary live tv and vod apps becuz the box is hardly good for anything else.
yes. of course the main use is for the ubox apps.

The simple reason is its not me who is using it, it will be my parents who will not be searching for apps and it will be me who will do those stuff. So i want to make sure that if the live stream app have issue and stuff, there are alternatives that work well enough. This is why I want ubox in the first place, because its easier.
Old 28-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #579

Where you bought your evpad from? They just released the evpad plus only 2 weeks ago and the hardware specs are much better in comparison to the crappy ubox gen 4 but its costs around $280. Might considering ditching my ubox for a evpad plus if the price drops to sub $200.
Hi ferocity, today a seller at Aliexpress got promotion. EVPad Plus USD180 including shipping. Good deal?
Old 28-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #580
Master Member

Hi ferocity, today a seller at Aliexpress got promotion. EVPad Plus USD180 including shipping. Good deal?
Quite ok after conversion(~$245+). See if there are any additional seller discount coupons you can grab to further offset the price. Safeprosys is selling at the rrp of HKD$1299(~$225) but after factoring freight fee, it sld amount to at least $250 after conversion. I intend to wait till 11/11 festival where the price sld have dropped abit and there might be bigger discounts on offer.
260Wolskel likes this.
Old 28-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #581
High Supremacy Member

Is any one using Kodi here? is EXODUS still working? not work after TVaddons shut down the services?
use jesus box repo
Old 28-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #582
High Supremacy Member

What's so good about EVpad? It looks quite close to the quality of UB in youtube reviews.

I think it's not a wise decision to jump out of UB just because it lags.
I see more sellers selling subs just like 2 years ago.
Those 1/3/6/12 months type.
I'm still using UB box, in conjunction with Deke.
Deke is using the same architecture as Maige, much faster and smoother than UB but it's yearly sub.

Those free sub one, don't expect much. Give it 1 to 2 years, you will see the same lag. The sales module is not sustainable to keep up with providing good quality.

A good time to change is after those big soccer leagues like world cups, etc.
Cause it's always this time the government move in to tackle.

I don't know why but I've a feeling that the creator of Maige may come back soon.
Old 28-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #583

What's so good about EVpad? It looks quite close to the quality of UB in youtube reviews.

I think it's not a wise decision to jump out of UB just because it lags.
I see more sellers selling subs just like 2 years ago.
Those 1/3/6/12 months type.
I'm still using UB box, in conjunction with Deke.
Deke is using the same architecture as Maige, much faster and smoother than UB but it's yearly sub.

Those free sub one, don't expect much. Give it 1 to 2 years, you will see the same lag. The sales module is not sustainable to keep up with providing good quality.

A good time to change is after those big soccer leagues like world cups, etc.
Cause it's always this time the government move in to tackle.

I don't know why but I've a feeling that the creator of Maige may come back soon.
I go for EVPad because UB blocked me. I don't know what I have done wrong. I have 2x UB2, 1x UPad2, 2xUB3, 1x UPad 3. All six devices end up with "Bing" screen. The seller helped me to talk to UB. They said I steal their source and banned me. What I don't understand is why six devices all kena? I think they must have identified my MAC addresses through my IP.

In case anyone curious why I have so many devices. The UB3 and UPad3 are meant to replace the UB2 and UPad2 (which I intend to give it away).

I don't want to buy another UB (e.g.:UB4) and then kena ban again after I switch it on.

In the mean time, I subscribe to 全有 they do have down time so I need to have an alternate source.
Old 28-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #584
Master Member

Its all about how much you willing to spend and what are your expectations. Its widely known that evpad is all rounds better than ub but evpad is not a hot commodity locally becuz there very few sellers for it here. While i agree jumping from ub to evpad might not be the end all be all measure, but lets quantify things against those premium iptv subscriptions.

1 yr sub for premium iptv costs roughly between $80-120+. You will need an android device to use but lets ignore the cost for that. Lets say an evpad box costs $200. If the box is able to last more than 18 mths , you would have more or less got back your money's worth compared to subbing for premium iptv. Not to forget the android box itself can be used for other functions.

You see plenty of premium iptv subscriptions being offered on the internet, but those truly established and reliable ones are far and few between. Alot of these are fly by night sellers who disappear once they take your money. What happens when you paid for a 1 yr sub but most of the channels go down or the service just simply ceases? Not saying ub or evpad dont have their share of issues but these 2 boxes have been in service for the best part of 2-3 years so i would be compelled to trust them more than some dodgy unknown iptv provider.

Lastly comparing amount of channels, Lets take Deke for example, which has what? 300-400 channels max? Ub has 700+ while evpad has like 1k+ and other foreign channels in separate proprietary apps. But Deke has the edge in terms of better picture quality.

Now, after all is said, its not my point to justify which is better. I think both are viable options. Money in your own wallet so its your own choice whether you want to sub to deke or whatever or spend $200 on a ubox/evpad.
Old 28-08-2017, 04:52 PM   #585
High Supremacy Member

I go for EVPad because UB blocked me. I don't know what I have done wrong. I have 2x UB2, 1x UPad2, 2xUB3, 1x UPad 3. All six devices end up with "Bing" screen. The seller helped me to talk to UB. They said I steal their source and banned me. What I don't understand is why six devices all kena? I think they must have identified my MAC addresses through my IP.

In case anyone curious why I have so many devices. The UB3 and UPad3 are meant to replace the UB2 and UPad2 (which I intend to give it away).

I don't want to buy another UB (e.g.:UB4) and then kena ban again after I switch it on.

In the mean time, I subscribe to 全有 they do have down time so I need to have an alternate source.
I also kana the bing thing, I was one of the first few who bought the device here and I bought it from UB directly.

I was still suspecting that it's their own doing so this forever free subscription promise is fake. I think likewise for other types of subs.
Best is still buy those temporary sub, at least it's more sustainable in their business module and they won't resort to tricks.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.